Aerosoft Antalya

Shaun Fletcher

Benjamin van Soldt from Simflight has completed a review on the FS2004 version of Antalya.

He came to a rather long conclusion,

"Aerosoft Antalya is a very nice scenery. It is made attractive for simmers due to its location between Europe and Asia, thus forming an ideal stop-over location (much like Tel Aviv, by the way) for those long routes that will take you to Hong Kong, Singapore or Tokyo. It’s also attractive due to the airlines that frequent Antalya. Those that like flying Russian aircraft will be pleased to hear that Russian Airlines do fly to Antalya with actual Russian airplane models such as the Tu-154M and IL-86.However, it’s not all good. While the modeling generally is very good, the texturing often leaves a bit to be desired. What you’ll see from the airplane will almost always look very good, but it’s when you look at the ground imagery or the passenger side of some of the buildings that you might be disappointed. The texture quality of the buildings is also not uniform. Terminal 2 looks overall much better than terminal 1, the texturing of the new control tower is only slightly better than terminal 1’s texturing. It’s a bit of a mixed bag, texturing wise. Still, if you only intend to sit in your plane and land and depart without flying low and slow over the airport, the chance of seeing anything of the blurry textures will be almost nil. Of course, you will notice the blurry ground imagery – this is unavoidable. Finally, the texturing of the aprons, taxiways and runways is very good

There’s also the performance issue. While I found the scenery to be very useable and FPS were generally no concern, I am a bit puzzled why FPS is – compared to Aerosoft’s Munich, Ben Gurion 2006 and other sceneries – relatively low.

My final advice: if you are desperate for Turkish airports, this scenery will suit you very well. If you are looking for a stop-over location for flights to Asia, you’d probably be better off simply downloading the great freeware Ben Gurion 2006. Overall, even though the texturing and performance can be a bit lacking, I really do like Antalya and I think I’ll fly Tu-154M over there once in a while."

You can read the full review here.

thumbs_intro.jpg

thumbs_terminal2-jetway.jpg

thumbs_military-area-4.jpg