Engine Failures

PW2000

Hello Airbus X Pilots,

yesterday, I tried to set some engine failures to my Airbus X, here are the results:

ENGINE FIRE: Fire visible outside, but no warning on ECAM and normal engine operation !

FUEL PUMP FAILURE: Nothing visible, no warning on ECAM, normal engine operation !

OIL LEAK: Oil leak visible outside, warning on ECAM, Oil pressure is going down to zero

but Oil Quantity remains at the same level. Engine shutdown.

IGNITION FAILURE: Engine shutdown, completely unrealistic, the ignition system is only working during engine start-up and takeoff power.

During normal cruise its off ! There shut be a warning, but not an complete engine shut down. Engine runs without

Ignition power all the time.

OIL SYSTEM FAILURE: Same as Oil leak.

All in all not very realistic. (Remember the commercial text on Aerosofts product page: "actual operation of the aircraft is highly accurate" !)

Shut be changed with the next update please.

Markus.

And one more question to aerosoft stuff, you wrote on the product page:

"Very open in design (all systems in XML etc) and Aerosoft invites people to change and extend this product."

so, is it allowed to upload in the download section a modified XML-file for the upper and lower ECAM Displays ?

(I did some minor improvements).

And on your Product page you say, "systems based on IAE standards" I think it should be "systems based on CFM standards".

(On IAE engines you have EPR as the main control parameter instead of N1).

Generally no failures are simulated in Airbus X - only warnings and cautions for improper aircraft systems configuration.

With "actual operation of the aircraft is highly accurate" we mean normal operations, thus flights from A to B like they haappen 99.9% if the time.

Failure simulaion as You describe it, will not be implementet and have never been planned

You are free to edit the xml files as You wish and upload them as long as You don´t take money for it. But please note what changes has been done !

The files are still courtesy of Aerosoft though !!

You are right - the engines modelled on the ECAM are the CFM and not the IAE engines.

Finn

Ok, so I hope I won´t have an engine failure during one of my flights. Thank you.

And the changes I made were:

On the upper ECAM, I modified the engine indications so that engine number 2 has slightly higher N2, EGT and FF.

(It looks more realistic, I think two engines with the same indication, impossible)

On the lower ECAM I added an metric altimeter on the Bottom of the Display just above the clock.

And I set the Cabin Temperatur Indications which shows in cruising flight -10°C to 23°C always.

If its ok I think of uploading it in the download section. Only a few changes but it looks more realistic than.

Of course I won´t make money with it. Airbus X is your product. I just try to improve it a little bit.

Markus

On the upper ECAM, I modified the engine indications so that engine number 2 has slightly higher N2, EGT and FF.

(It looks more realistic, I think two engines with the same indication, impossible)

That is actually a nice touch ;)

Ok, so I hope I won´t have an engine failure during one of my flights. Thank you.

And the changes I made were:

On the lower ECAM I added an metric altimeter on the Bottom of the Display just above the clock.

And I set the Cabin Temperatur Indications which shows in cruising flight -10°C to 23°C always.

If its ok I think of uploading it in the download section. Only a few changes but it looks more realistic than.

Of course I won´t make money with it. Airbus X is your product. I just try to improve it a little bit.

Markus

Markus,

Very nice changes and thank you for your contribution.

Bob