A380 upper deck door

tjf4375

Hi folks, firstly I'm really sorry if this question has been answered already, but I was a bit confused by what I've read so far and wanted to clarify the position. I've just added AES 2.08 support for UK2000 Heathrow Xtreme V2, and have found a config file for the Project Airbus A380. I've parked at an A380 gate in Terminal 4 (406) but only the L1 door has been connected to, even though the gate does have 3 jetways, as shown in the picture. Are there other gates at LHR that will connect with the upper deck door in Version 2, or is this feature not available for this particular scenery? Not a problem if not, I just wanted to clarify if I'd missed something, or needed to park at a different gate?

Would be very grateful for any pointers! In the meantime my passengers can make do with one walkway :)

Tim

post-35317-073257600 1289697257_thumb.jp

Have you tried checking the configuration in AES Help to ensure that the L1, L2 and UL1 doors are all mapped? There should be the capability for mapping at least 3 doors on the left side of the airplane, so if they're not mapped, try mapping them and see what happens. UL1 would probably best be mapped to the "OverWing Exit" with L2 being mapped to the "Rear Exit".

• Developer

The Door in the Upperdeck of the A380 will be generated automatically by AES, when the Typename of the aircraft is started with "A38?" and the exit 2 (before the wing) is configured as available and place correct to the Door 2L in the Maindeck. The offset to the Upperdeck door is fix (as long as the Model you use is correct desigend and scaled it will fit to the door).

This feature will be supported at all gatepositions, where you see 3 Jetways.

The operation at the gate 30x, where in real the second jetways will connect to the upperdeck, is not implemented at the moment in AES.