Mega Airport Munich: Problem with bridges

Mudman

Hello,

I have a small problem with the highway bridges at EDDM. It seems that the default terrain blocks the tunnels. It looks like on this picture:

2by26qsm.jpg

I use FSX and also use FSGlobal2010 but I never had any problem with this. Does anyone have a solution?

Best regards

Mudman

• Developer

FsGlobal 2008/2010 is not your problem (when used as default), I have tested it, no issue here.

Can you please make a ZIP file of your Terrain.cfg and attach this zip file here, you find this file in the FSX Main folder.

Hello Oliver,

it was a little problem with FS Global. There is a terrain config tool in the FS Global folder. I used the "setup default" button and now everything is perfect. The curious thing is that I never changed anything in this program since I installed it. Anyway, thanks for your help (and the great work you do with AES).

Best regards

Mudman

• Developer

Warum schreibst du eigentlich als Deutscher in einem Deutschen Support Forum auf englisch, Carsten?

Sch... Forum, sorry, hab ich leider auch nicht gesehen, geht automatisch so. Ich verschiebe es mal nach Englisch oder wie man es sagt :lol:

PS: Sch... keine Recht dazu, also bleibt es hier. :mad:

• 8 months later...

Oliver,

I have exactlyterrain.zip the same problem. But I would like to keep my terrain.cfg settings which have been modified due to FSGlobal Ultimate and UTX Europe. Could you please check my terrain.cfg? Or can you tell me what entries in the terrain.cfg are necessary to get the bridges properly displayed.

Thx

Harry

• Developer

Harry,

now, where you have a backup of the cfg, use the FSGlobal tool to set it to default, then you can compare the new cfg with your backup an you can see what has changed. I have no info's here.

Oliver,

I have already applied the FSG tool and changed the terrain.cfg to default. Unfortunately the EDDM bridge problem remains. I have an older backup of the terrain.cfg which, when activated, gives me the correct results in Munich. I'll try try to compare them all and will report back.BTW, Is there a tool which allows a line by line comparison of text files?

Thank you for your kind assistance.

harry

I've found the culprit in the terrain.cfg:

It was an Ultimate Terrain entry which had been changed along with some other UT entries according to a discussion with Stefan Schaefer from FS Goblal.

[Texture.423]

Name=UT_INLAND_MEDIUM_ROUND_PERENNIAL

guid={F18E81B1-C22B-4dd7-A0FD-53B1AE2D267A}

Textures=OCEAN_SEA_LARGE_LAKE_0

FlattenMode=slope

FlattenPriority=41000

LandClassRemapType=none

ExcludeAutogen=Yes

RenderToTexture=Yes

RenderPriority=81000

Water=Yes

FlattenOffsetMeters=

StripWidthMeters=

FlattenMode had to be set to "slope" instead of "none". Although, I don't understand why this entry concerns the highway under bridges ... Maybe another FSX mystery.

regards, Harry

I've found the culprit in the terrain.cfg:

It was an Ultimate Terrain entry which had been changed along with some other UT entries according to a discussion with Stefan Schaefer from FS Goblal.

[Texture.423]

Name=UT_INLAND_MEDIUM_ROUND_PERENNIAL

guid={F18E81B1-C22B-4dd7-A0FD-53B1AE2D267A}

Textures=OCEAN_SEA_LARGE_LAKE_0

FlattenMode=slope

FlattenPriority=41000

LandClassRemapType=none

ExcludeAutogen=Yes

RenderToTexture=Yes

RenderPriority=81000

Water=Yes

FlattenOffsetMeters=

StripWidthMeters=

FlattenMode had to be set to "slope" instead of "none". Although, I don't understand why this entry concerns the highway under bridges ... Maybe another FSX mystery.

regards, Harry

Harry,

All solutions to issues most welcome :)

Dear Simmates,

I have a problem with EDDM airport in Nighttime only : conutryside textures are present where apron or taxiway textures were supposed to be.

In daylight hours, everything seems to be correctly working.

This happens only with Aerosoft EDDM; other Mega airports work fine night and day.

Your help would be very much appreciated.

Rapha

Dear Simmates,

I have a problem with EDDM airport in Nighttime only : conutryside textures are present where apron or taxiway textures were supposed to be.

In daylight hours, everything seems to be correctly working.

This happens only with Aerosoft EDDM; other Mega airports work fine night and day.

Your help would be very much appreciated.

Rapha

Are you using DX-10 Preview Mode.

• 2 weeks later...