SIDs/STARs

Emi

First of all: PLEASE DON'T GET ME WRONG, I KNOW THAT THERE WILL NOT BE A FUNCTION FOR ADDING SIDs/STARs ADDED:excl:

So let me go:

I usually fly using SIDs and STARs. With the Aerosoft Airbus i normally use the airport chart for flying it, but i wonder if there is the possibility to add the waypoints of them manually because i know that many of the waypoints in SIDs/STARs are just defined by (for example) "8.9 DME DUS". So can i enter those waypoints in the FMC somehow? This would make the workload in the Cockpit much easier during approach because i can use the AP then for approaching and mustn't always enter the new heading.

Can someone help me please?

well i dont remember about the manual entering of waypoints. i know if you use the same names as FlightSim Commander for the sid / star it would find it but mean to get some of the fix points you have to know what FlightSim Commander cals it. as far as i remember.

• Upvote 1

First of all: PLEASE DON'T GET ME WRONG, I KNOW THAT THERE WILL NOT BE A FUNCTION FOR ADDING SIDs/STARs ADDED:excl:

So let me go:

I usually fly using SIDs and STARs. With the Aerosoft Airbus i normally use the airport chart for flying it, but i wonder if there is the possibility to add the waypoints of them manually because i know that many of the waypoints in SIDs/STARs are just defined by (for example) "8.9 DME DUS". So can i enter those waypoints in the FMC somehow? This would make the workload in the Cockpit much easier during approach because i can use the AP then for approaching and mustn't always enter the new heading.

Can someone help me please?

Hello Emanuel

Contrary to what one reads in the forum, this aircraft can fly STARS and Departure Routes perfectly well. To take your example "8.9 DME DUS" (I presume you are referring to the FAF for RWY 05L at Dusseldorf). If you look at the RNAV transition chart for the airfield you will see that this position is defined as the DIKMI waypoint - and its cordinates are given as N51 17.0 E006 33.9.

Go into the Navigraph folder (in the main FSX folder), then into the Navdata sub-folder. Open the 'waypoints' file and you will find that DIKMI is already there (DIKMI,51.195442,6.564292,ED). If you try this for another waypoint, and find that it is not in the database, just add it (using the same format) at the correct 'alphabetical position' in the table.

Please note that aeronautical charts give latitude and longitude poistions in degrees, minutes and decimal minutes - whereas the nav database uses degrees and decimal degrees. That is why the chart refers to (for example) longitude E006 33.9, wheras the database states 6.564292. Flying in Southerly latitueds or Westerly longitudes you would, of course, need to prefix the co-ordinates with "-" (minus sign).

I hope this helps.

Tony

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...

Hi Aerosoft

Is it so difficult to put SID/STAR on the Airbus????

I can pay for this Add-on!!!

The workload to make the flightplan in long flights is too much plus the difficulty to approach in IFR conditions to an airport because there is no time to make radials and so on when you have to communicate with the APP and prepare the aircraft for APP.

I would like to hear an official answer and ... a promising one:blush: .. i hope:rolleyes:

• Upvote 1

Hello Andy,

Please clarify what it is you officially would like to hear, but please check the forums to see if its been said before!

I followed the forum before the release and there was a thinking about adding SID/STAR.Actually a version for advanced users.I bought the Airbus and while use in it i had the difficulties i mention above.

My question is if you continue to have this thinking about this advance version.!!!

Thanks

Andy

Hello Andy,

Okay I see, I will ask Mathijs about this.

Thankssssss:blush:

About the workload .. i mean the use of airways in FMGS in flightplan route page and not point by point.Imagine a big journey how many points i have to fill.And as i see no possibility to save the route.

Thanks again

Andy