Could you help me test one thing..?

august78

I am having problems with the Airbus X when approaching an Altitude Select when flying manually with FBW enabled. It would be nice to know to what extent this problem exists. You could help us all (the consumers and developers) by testing this simple setup:

Take off from any airport with normal configuration for your particular departure, and pre-set the altitude select button to a normal initial climb altitude (i.e. 3-7000 ft). You need to fly the departure manually, and dont engage the autopilot. Set take off power, rotate, climb and set the throttles to climb mode when indicated. When approaching your ALT Select altitude, make particular notice of how your aircraft responds to pitch input. Would also be nice if you could notice how the plane conforms to roll input as well.

Then, on the same trip (after a recovery if you experience any serious issues), try to make a climb or descent to a different altitude (not within 1-2000 feet from your ALT SELECT) and level off, and aim at flying straight and level. All this should be done with the FBW system enabled of course.

My findings so far is that with the FBW system enabled, the plane will stop responding to pitch inputs when approx 2-500 ft from the ALT Select (coming from below or descending down to the selected altitude). She will either nose dive or climb uncontrollably for a few seconds. When leveling off at an altitude DIFFERENT from the ALT SELECT, she will have no problems with the handling of pitch and roll.

Hope this setup is clear to you, and that you feel you can do this without too much hassle. If you dont experience any problems, please do state that in your report. Thank you! :)

I am having problems with the Airbus X when approaching an Altitude Select when flying manually with FBW enabled. It would be nice to know to what extent this problem exists. You could help us all (the consumers and developers) by testing this simple setup:

Take off from any airport with normal configuration for your particular departure, and pre-set the altitude select button to a normal initial climb altitude (i.e. 3-7000 ft). You need to fly the departure manually, and dont engage the autopilot. Set take off power, rotate, climb and set the throttles to climb mode when indicated. When approaching your ALT Select altitude, make particular notice of how your aircraft responds to pitch input. Would also be nice if you could notice how the plane conforms to roll input as well.

Then, on the same trip (after a recovery if you experience any serious issues), try to make a climb or descent to a different altitude (not within 1-2000 feet from your ALT SELECT) and level off, and aim at flying straight and level. All this should be done with the FBW system enabled of course.

My findings so far is that with the FBW system enabled, the plane will stop responding to pitch inputs when approx 2-500 ft from the ALT Select (coming from below or descending down to the selected altitude). She will either nose dive or climb uncontrollably for a few seconds. When leveling off at an altitude DIFFERENT from the ALT SELECT, she will have no problems with the handling of pitch and roll.

Hope this setup is clear to you, and that you feel you can do this without too much hassle. If you dont experience any problems, please do state that in your report. Thank you! :)

yes i got the same issue. you can´t fly manually the selected alt. around +/- 1000ft the aircraft starts to make uncontrolled climbs or descents. i think this is the same but as the nose dive and A/P disconnect bug with strange behaviour on flying without autopilot.would be nice if someone from the aerosoft team could test this too.

yes can confirm that to, and thanks for the info becaus now i think i found out why it happens as i used my goflight mcp to locate the problem in a special way, and found what i have been looking for so long.

well the main problem sems to be that when you start the plane the altitude is engaged on the Autopilot could bee seen in the airbus but on my hardware when Flight director is on if i turn it of the led would start flash fast and mabee therefor it worked for people when thay turned off FD.

Then i tryeid to changes the alt and then see if it locked my controls around the given altitude and it did and now it wasent happen at 100 ft anymore, as showed on the ap in all the other tests.

so what hapen well until 2000 ft or so it would stil light as it is engaged but around 2000 ft it stops lighting as engaged then it does mystierius thigs right after it turned off automatic.

so here is a guide you could try to see if it works for you to because then we are 1 step closer to knowing what the problem is, as it shoul´d be ingaged when ap 1 or 2 isen´t ON

TEST

go start fs as normal and all that stuf when you are in the airbus X do the following:

1 go to the MCDU and load Take-off stats

2 set full flaps (i know but for test)

3 set altitude to 2000 ft and press the button ( inside fs not if you have hardware as that works in another way)

4 hit ap1 button on the autopilot 5 times ( That is required becaus first after 5 times the alt engage light turned off so it isent engaged) els try whit different times you hit it before take off. as this was just how it worked on my system

My final quistion is do you use FSUIPC or / and LUA Scripts for AirbusX ???

well now i have been testing alot and it seems to be the problem, as it seems that there isent any thing that tels the alt that it cant be engaged when ap isent on, or something that fails. now i have ben tryeing to delt all LUA Scripts for AirbusX and many other things but all in all it does it

as in my tests the problem gets back if you try fly it whit altitude insted off leting it start the autoland whit appr and 2 ap engaged if you then try disconect there is no problem, but if you for some reason try to enter an alt it engages the alt like at departure and the problem is back. all test was whit FD ON.

Just tried this with the initial alt as 2000 and left clcik on the alt button (AP1 was left off) and saw no problem. Changed alt to 4000 and right clicked and again had no problem.

That was using the BA A320 and starting FSX with a default plane.

Strange thing is that I thought I'd seen something like this before and had a nagging feeling that pulling the alt knob was in some activating the AP (even though it was still unlit) and was leaving me with the feeling tht I was fighting the AP. That said, I couldn't replicate it tonight and haven't seen this happen for a long time.

How is it if you don't push or pull the alt knob?

well year sorry that i dident get that whith, if you dont hit anything just start the plane i see alt button showes it is engaged from the start and also if you load take off stats. late yesterday i was testing some thing and seems to disconect it but would try if it have any side effects first.

And Paul Golding you was talking about it is some times since you had the problem last. well i would say i have been testing and testing on 2 systems as you might know. and on both systems the problem whit the alt buttton is engaged, but it is tricky as best you think you got it you have stil not found the problem. as 1 of the systems it works where you stil have controls if the controls are set in 1 way then go to the other it dosent work the same way and tryeid to copy the files from the 1 that works to the other but same problem remains. but 1 thing for sure and mabe the reason you have no problem if the controls are setup throu FSUIPC registrated version you have controls but ALT stil engaged this works on both systems. So all in all i think it is more luck that it works for some and dosent for others, and think it is there for it seems to work when alt is turned off when AP1 is off. but 1 thing for sure alt should not bee engaged.

Test plane NIKI

well year sorry that i dident get that whith, if you dont hit anything just start the plane i see alt button showes it is engaged from the start and also if you load take off stats. late yesterday i was testing some thing and seems to disconect it but would try if it have any side effects first.

And Paul Golding you was talking about it is some times since you had the problem last. well i would say i have been testing and testing on 2 systems as you might know. and on both systems the problem whit the alt buttton is engaged, but it is tricky as best you think you got it you have stil not found the problem. as 1 of the systems it works where you stil have controls if the controls are set in 1 way then go to the other it dosent work the same way and tryeid to copy the files from the 1 that works to the other but same problem remains. but 1 thing for sure and mabe the reason you have no problem if the controls are setup throu FSUIPC registrated version you have controls but ALT stil engaged this works on both systems. So all in all i think it is more luck that it works for some and dosent for others, and think it is there for it seems to work when alt is turned off when AP1 is off. but 1 thing for sure alt should not bee engaged.

Test plane NIKI

I must be honest and state that I can't find any info on how this should actually work with an Airbus, although what's described here is certainly not what I would expect.

In a proper aeroplane like the 727, you actually told the FD what you wanted to do and it would direct you, all on a completely independent system from the AP.

I suppose as manually flying an Airbus to any selected height would be a very rare thing, this could be a case of if you know it's an issue on your PC; don't do it?

Frustrating that it only affects a few (and even then, not all of the time), and that even fewer give any feedback. We seem to be heading towards seeing more and more posts claiming something is broken and demanding a fix, than a useful user forum :angry:

EDIT: That was a general observation, not a dig at you August78

well about a pc thing well it is not for fun i frequintly reinstall. and did so many times that windows cant be registrated any more on 1 of the systems. And i dont sit here for fun ok and sit here and demanding a fix. thats not my princip i try locate the problems. and try find what cause them so people could fly insted of keep sitting here.

Edit:

And i dont realy know what you mean when ap is off alt should not be engaged when FD is ON no mater what becus if it is off well yes in some way it works when you give a too big load on the pc as the alt flash on and off for engaged and not engaged. and i could se the problem at landing if you should aporch LPMA where no nav equiptment is there so you have to use alt insted of appr and set a given alt when you fly manualy as pilots do everyday and use the alt select to mark the minimum alt.

By the way have found a way now to fix it on the ground but turns automatic on when climbing.

That's quite alright, Paul :) And thanks for the info everybody! It hasnt received alot of feedback, but a few others have confirmed the alt sel bug. I will give it another go and test without pushing or pulling the alt sel knob, and see if it makes any difference.

A quick questions to those that have tried this. Can you please state yes/no to experiencing this problem AND confirm if you updated to 1.22 using the patch or by un-installing the previous version and using a new installer i.e. 1.22.

A quick questions to those that have tried this. Can you please state yes/no to experiencing this problem AND confirm if you updated to 1.22 using the patch or by un-installing the previous version and using a new installer i.e. 1.22.

how about some guys of aerosoft trying this or offer any comment about the a/p disconnect and manual fly problems? longtime a go since someone offically said anything about bugs.

i´m on 1.22 without registred fsupic and to me all this problems are related together: nose dive, alt sel. and general behaviour of the airbus whlie flying manually and switching of the a/p.

in general i can say if i would follow the flight director on approach i would smash into the ground. on take off the FD is not following any route if the A/P is off, which is another bug. so to me the FD is on always but without function if fly manually.

aerosoft any comments about this?

well found an easyer way for people not using hardware autopilot to locate the problem have a look on the pictures. and try if it is on press the ap1 button to the line gets below the black line or if it is there try press the alt button and se if it matches the the picture whit alt set to 100 ft. try that and se if it does the same as i think it does. try it on the ground

Well here is a upate on the work have found a way to stop the ALT being engaged when ap is off but there is stil some thing missing

I have to find if it have any side effect but would wait to i could stop the alt engage when ap is off, as when using the stats in the MCDU it loads the problem again. its not an easy thing to locate what caus it els then it ofcause is a part of it. becaus as it is now it seems that when not loading any stats it works. There for i have been asking Finn about some things but no reply yet as it easyer for the 1 who create it then i have as i doo all the time delt variabels to find out the things i am looking for is located in another place and therfor it takes long time to locate what every litel thing does and so i dont delt a thing that is required for some thing els.

just to let you know that im still working on it....

UPDATE well mabee i have found an easyer way then edit out of it. as tryeid just load takeoff stats then disengage and engage FD then it is off again when it is set up whit the small corection. so now the testing could begin

well ok test is over for today and seems to do the job. whit the minimal amount of changes.

here is the codes you should use to insert as showed on the pictures. so what to do well start back up your ap1Disp.xml file located here: \FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft Airbus X A320 CFM\Panel\AB_Systems for NIKI, Edelweiss, Iberia and Swiss planes folder could try whit the others if you like. open the ap1Disp.xml file and set it up as showed on the pictures and save.

0 (> L:AB_AP_ALTmode_set)

1 (> K:TOGGLE_FLIGHT_DIRECTOR)

0 (> K:TOGGLE_FLIGHT_DIRECTOR)

when the dok is saved restart the pc. This is importan!!

when pc running again start fs set default plane airport and weather press fly now. Load Airbus x when fs runs but to be sure wait 30 sec or so to lower the load on the PC / FSX

then just set up the plane as you like use the stats if you want. just 1 thing to remember before take off, turn FlightDirector off and on this turns off alt engage on the ground. as no problem when airborne as it does it automatic turns off and on FD when turning AP1 off.

whish you all a plesent flight

• Upvote 1

here is the file if you just want to try fast then you could edit the rest at another time this is to Aerosoft Airbus X A320 CFM planes

KAPETEJNLN you are a fine guy...at least one who´s caring...instead of any official aerosoft guy...they should offer you a job.

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...

well ok test is over for today and seems to do the job. whit the minimal amount of changes.

here is the codes you should use to insert as showed on the pictures. so what to do well start back up your ap1Disp.xml file located here: \FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft Airbus X A320 CFM\Panel\AB_Systems for NIKI, Edelweiss, Iberia and Swiss planes folder could try whit the others if you like. open the ap1Disp.xml file and set it up as showed on the pictures and save.

0 (> L:AB_AP_ALTmode_set)

1 (> K:TOGGLE_FLIGHT_DIRECTOR)

0 (> K:TOGGLE_FLIGHT_DIRECTOR)

when the dok is saved restart the pc. This is importan!!

when pc running again start fs set default plane airport and weather press fly now. Load Airbus x when fs runs but to be sure wait 30 sec or so to lower the load on the PC / FSX

then just set up the plane as you like use the stats if you want. just 1 thing to remember before take off, turn FlightDirector off and on this turns off alt engage on the ground. as no problem when airborne as it does it automatic turns off and on FD when turning AP1 off.

whish you all a plesent flight

I don't know how to thank you, KAPETEJNLN... Thanks a TON for your programming research. After fixing Aerosoft's code I made my first 100% MANUAL flight around Barcelona X... what an AMAZING flight! Thanks a LOT again... Mathjis/Shawn, maybe Aerosoft should offer you a job like our friend DOSDOGRU said.

By the way, Shawn or Mathjis, why don't you make KAPETEJNLN's "temporary" fix post a "sticky"? I had serious problems with the approach before... not any more with what KAPETEJNLN had to say ^_^:lol:

Thanks TONS, Captain!

Andrew