Automatic retract flaps

Swordfish

Hello,

I don't know if this is the right forum, but maybe there is somebody who can help me.

I remember that in the first version of Airbus X , after take off the Flaps after a pos climb rate retracted automatically from take off setting 1+F to "zero"

Is this normal, and why doesn't this happen in version 1.22?

Thanks,

Björn

Hi Bjorn,

Once the indicated airspeed reaches 210kts the flaps will automatically retrat from 1+F to zero. I just performed a takeoff using the British Airways A320 and soon as I reached 210 the flaps retracted.

If the flaps are not retracting for you at 210kts which aircraft and livery are you flying?

Bob

Hi Bob,

Thank you for your reply. I use the A320 CFM with the "Air Berlin" livery, but the Flaps don't retract automatically. I only get a overspeed warning untill I retract the flaps manually.

Tonight after work I will try a takeoff with another plane/livery, I don't know of this changes anything, but will report back directly what happens.

Björn

The last 1,5 hour I did a lot of "test take offs" with all possible different settings (Fuel, selected, managed etc etc) and I found that it has to do with the throttle settings.

If it displays LVR CLB and then you reduce throttle to THR CLB (From flex or TOGA doesn't matter) and you don't got 210 KIAS at that moment the flaps do not retract automatically. So, if you keep the throttle to flex or TOGA until you pass 210 KIAS then it works fine.

I don't know if this is a bug, or that this is normally in a Airbus, I'm no expert and can't find anything about this in the internet.

Thanks,

Björn

Bjorn,

I can confirm the behavior you are experiencing -

When the thrust levers are moved from TOGA to CLB and the speed increases past 210kts the flaps DO NOT automatically retract from 1+F to Zero. When the thrust levers are left in the TOGA or MCT gate the flaps automatically retract once the airspeed reaches 210kts. I tested this using the US Air A320 and Air Berlin A321 with Managed and Selected Speed..

My understanding (I'm NOT an Airbus pilot nor an Airbus Engineer) is the flaps are to retract at 210kts no matter the thrust lever position. I'll post this in the beta forum.

Bob