Airbus X Flying in Manual Mode

Stanner

Gentlemen,

I have version 1.2.1 of Airbus X. I was having very difficult problems trying to fly the aircraft in the manual mode after switching off the autopilot.

In my virtual airline forum (FlyUK), someone told me to SHUT OFF the FLT CTL swithes in the Overhead Panel (top left). I turned off ELAC 1, SEC 1, and FAC 1.

The aircraft was not difficult to trim or fly in the manual mode. I landed without any problems. No floating, jerking up or down. It handled very well.

My understanding is that the SEC 1 represents SPOILER + ELEVATOR COMPUTER. I have no idea why shutting down the FLT CTL switches has this impact, but it works!

Stanner

Gentlemen,

I have version 1.2.1 of Airbus X. I was having very difficult problems trying to fly the aircraft in the manual mode after switching off the autopilot.

In my virtual airline forum (FlyUK), someone told me to SHUT OFF the FLT CTL swithes in the Overhead Panel (top left). I turned off ELAC 1, SEC 1, and FAC 1.

The aircraft was not difficult to trim or fly in the manual mode. I landed without any problems. No floating, jerking up or down. It handled very well.

My understanding is that the SEC 1 represents SPOILER + ELEVATOR COMPUTER. I have no idea why shutting down the FLT CTL switches has this impact, but it works!

Stanner

Turning off the flight computers is basically turning your Airbus into a Boeing. Try flying properly - without using the trim! - and you'll find with some practice that it's not that much of an issue. It sounds like you're using trim when you shouldn't be and that will certainly cause a problem.

Turning off the flight computers is basically turning your Airbus into a Boeing. Try flying properly - without using the trim! - and you'll find with some practice that it's not that much of an issue. It sounds like you're using trim when you shouldn't be and that will certainly cause a problem.

Paul,

whenever I fly the Airbus X, I just load the flightplan, take off, engage the autopilot, descend as per instruction, if I decide to do a manual approach I disengage the autopilot at 1000ft and plummet into the ground. I don't have time to set any trim, I try and regain control using my joystick, and if I manage to avoid hitting the ground I 'porpoise' trying to regain control, usually ending in failure. To confirm trim doesn't come into it!

As for flying the Airbus like a Boeing, I would far rather, after a two to three hour flight land like a Boeing than crash like a dead duck :-(

I would hope that if I am flying on autopilot, the aircraft is trimmed automatically, and should,by rights remain in trim as the autopilot is disengaged, unless something untoward happens.

Any observations?

Cheers,

Zebedee

As for flying the Airbus like a Boeing, I would far rather, after a two to three hour flight land like a Boeing than crash like a dead duck :-(

Good point.

What is most annoying of course, is why this would happen to you and not me. In fact even including the beta testing, I have never once seen what you describe......wish I knew why.

Good point.

What is most annoying of course, is why this would happen to you and not me. In fact even including the beta testing, I have never once seen what you describe......wish I knew why.

It happens to me... Everytime i disengage the auto pilot at about 1000ft my aircraft goes pluming down to the ground ... It get really diffcult to handle.. I cant explain why either

Geoncarlos Colon

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...