How to setup hardware throttle(s) for Airbus X

Finn

Hello,

I bought saitek cyborg x for FSX and i had Airbus X v1.22.I'm facing the throttle problem too. I've done the following, opened FSX.cfg and deleted lines has AS_FADEC.dll lines. Thn started FSX n selected airbus x. i clicked yes to all DLL questions and assigned my Saitek Cyborg X' throttles as throttle axis 1 & 2. Although it s working with rest A/Cs like pmdg n wilco, not working with airbus x series. Throttle levels always idle doesnt matter what i did.

my OS w7 64 bit home premium

Saitek cyborg x Joystick

and FSUIPC not installed.

what should i do now? i still cant use

Did you try setting it up through the Aerosoft Launcher.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello, I bought Airbus X the last wednesday in CD version (1.21) and i have the throttles problems, and the MCDU problem!

I can't active the throttles (expect in reverse) and can't enter something in the MCDU.

I have ever try to do this procedure to resolve my problems but no changing!

Can people help me? Or say what I have to do,

Thanks, Nicolas.

ps: i'm not english but french, sorry for my english!

Hello, I bought Airbus X the last wednesday in CD version (1.21) and i have the throttles problems, and the MCDU problem!

I can't active the throttles (expect in reverse) and can't enter something in the MCDU.

I have ever try to do this procedure to resolve my problems but no changing!

Can people help me? Or say what I have to do,

Thanks, Nicolas.

ps: i'm not english but french, sorry for my english!

Have you tried setting the throttle up via the Aerosoft launcher, it has a Joystick Config Tool incorporated into it.

As for the MCDU can you please send your dll.xml file as an attachment to support@aerosoft.com and mention this post.

Thanks you for your answer, but where I can find the Aerosoft launcher with the Joystick Config Tool please?

No problem, I will send a email tonight.

EDIT: I dowloaded the launcher and put: Axis Nr.2 <Rzaxis> on AXIS_THROTTLE_SET and no changement.. :(

Thanks you for your answer, but where I can find the Aerosoft launcher with the Joystick Config Tool please?

No problem, I will send a email tonight.

EDIT: I dowloaded the launcher and put: Axis Nr.2 <Rzaxis> on AXIS_THROTTLE_SET and no changement.. :(

I replied to your e-mail.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

euh , a problem. i use my steer wheel as throttle axis. there for i need to set it in reverse. so in reverse all my planes have i right throttle setup.

now , my airbus x , it is reversed so i set it back to normal ( not reversed ) but it stays reversed in my airbus x.

any ideas?

euh , a problem. i use my steer wheel as throttle axis. there for i need to set it in reverse. so in reverse all my planes have i right throttle setup.

now , my airbus x , it is reversed so i set it back to normal ( not reversed ) but it stays reversed in my airbus x.

any ideas?

Have you tried setting up your throttle axis in the Aerosoft Launcher.

Have you tried setting up your throttle axis in the Aerosoft Launcher.

yes.

i tryd so many times , readed all topics abaut how to set the controllers. but didn solved yet.

i tryd all options you can think off .

after restarting my sim 30 times , i noticed i could no see longer the battery voltage and nav numbers anymore , i loaded my default 737 and no numbers on the ap section too.

tryded to repair my airbus x and could not update it to 1.22 , it wouldnt let mé , wierd.

so to solve this i uninstalled the airbus and aerosoft launcher and REX and other addons and scenery . deleted the hole fsx folder where the fsx cfg is.

still the numbers wouldnt show up on the A.P.

gosh i shutted down my pc and went to bed. today , i just check it and ges wat , the numbers are showing up on my ap of my 737.

so i believe after restarting my sim 30 times it became a bit bugged.

my pc it cashed files so it would start up faster and thats why it makes no sense if i change settings after restarting the dam thing 10 times.

so it was a bad trip . if i reinstal my airbus x and having problems for the 1.22 update i will contact the forum.

ps: have you readed how to start the engines without the peak. i wrote the bibble for it lol: http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php/topic/38143-engine-startup-engine-page/

Hello Caseystef,

Thats sounds like a Fonts issue. Do you have the radio digits in the default aircraft like the Cessna etc.

yes , it was becouse i restarted my flightsim too much i belief.

• 2 months later...

Hi Everyone

Still having issues with this bird. I have it for just over a week and still have not been able to fly it. My throtles are not work. Itseems to stay on 74.3 N1 - and wont go higher therefor unable to reach takoff speed. Also, no rudder and nose wheel control. it just keeps going straight. any help is apprciated. Warren

Hi Everyone

Still having issues with this bird. I have it for just over a week and still have not been able to fly it. My throtles are not work. Itseems to stay on 74.3 N1 - and wont go higher therefor unable to reach takoff speed. Also, no rudder and nose wheel control. it just keeps going straight. any help is apprciated. Warren

The is this way so its not a problem, as for the steering and rudder if this is not long after take off then it also behaves like this as the other control surfaces take over.

• 3 weeks later...

Here is how to setup Your hardware throttles for the Airbus X.

NOTE !!

FSUIPC is NOT required, neither the unregistered nor the registered version.

If using the registered version of FSUIPC for axis assignment and calibration, please read further down this post to see how to set it up for Airbus X.

First and foremost, if You have trouble getting the throttles to work, find Your FSX.cfg:

Windows XP systems:

C:\Documents and Settings\..user name..\Application Data\Microsoft\FSX\

Windows Vista and Wndows 7 systems:

C:\Users\..user name..\AppData\Microsoft\FSX\

Open FSX.cfg with notepad and find the [Trusted] section.

Delete all lines that has AS_FADEC.dll listed f.ex (the below line is just an example):

[Trusted]

C:\Spil Finn\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\rxpGNS.DLL.qcakenotcoauraahntqwnccbhzwtnuhzqtowiqwl=2

C:\Spil Finn\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft Airbus X A321 IAE\panel\ASFADEC.DLL.lcezhrezqketccealuqhrrltiaezuaehkeboukwi=2

C:\Spil Finn\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\modules\GPSModule.dll.uwlowniqcqqkkcazrqtonbqwtiwlwwutobuuinka=1

You might have 4 lines, wich should be deleted.

Save Your FSX.cfg.

Start FSX and select an Airbus X.

You will now be asked if You want to run the AS_FADEC.dll - answer YES - this is very important.

Do the same for all Airbus X versions ie. A320 IAE, A320 CFM, A321 IAE and A321 CFM. Remember to answer YES each time.

Now go into FSX SETTINGS -> CONTROLS.. -> CONTROL AXES tab:

Setup axis assignment like this for either two throttles or one throttle, depending on what kind of controller You have:

Two hardware throttles:

post-7458-087171500 1288993525_thumb.jpg

One hardware throttle:

post-7458-029692100 1288996288_thumb.jpg

After having done so - close FSX and restart it again.

This is very important, cause axis assignment will not be recognised by the AS_FADEC module before this has been done !

For those having a registered version of FSUIPC....

...and uses it for axis assignment and calibration, please follow these steps:

- Load an Airbus X version

- From the top menubar select Add-ons -> FSUIPC -> Axis assignment tab:

post-7458-049489300 1288994171_thumb.jpg

- Check the Aircraft specific ? checkbox and answer yes when asked if You want to use the general settings:

post-7458-062888200 1288994411_thumb.jpg

- Press the rescan button and move Your throttle(s)

- If any assignment shows up like on this image:

post-7458-045768400 1288994576_thumb.jpg

- Then remove the checkmark beside it and select Send to FS as normal axis like this:

post-7458-043330600 1288995018_thumb.jpg

- Do the same for throttle 2 (if it exist) i.e select Rescan and then unassign it.

- Click the OK button in the lower right corner of FSUIPC.

- Your settings for FSUIPC has been stored.

- Now close FSX

The FSUIPC profile for Airbus X, You just made, only works for the livery and model version You had loaded.

To make it work for all Airbus X versions and liveries - go into You \Microsoft Flight Simulator X \Modules\ folder and find FSUIPC.ini

Open it with notepad and scroll down until You find this line in the [General] section:

ShortAircraftNameOk=No

Change it to read:

ShortAircraftNameOk=Yes

Now scroll down to the bottom and find You newly generated profile (Name depends on wich Airbus X version You had loaded when making the profile):

[JoystickCalibration.Airbus A321 Lufthansa AISH]

AllowSuppressForPFCquad=Yes

ExcludeThrottleSet=Yes

ExcludeMixtureSet=Yes

And change it to read:

[JoystickCalibration.Airbus A32]

ExcludeThrottleSet=Yes

ExcludeMixtureSet=Yes

- Save Your FSUIPC.ini

Now the throttles should work for all Airbus X versions.

Finn

NOTE !!

If using the registered version of FSUIPC for axis assignment and calibration, please read further down this post to see how to set it up for Airbus X.

First and foremost, if You have trouble getting the throttles to work, find Your FSX.cfg:

Windows XP systems:

Delete all lines that has AS_FADEC.dll listed f.ex (the below line is just an example):

[Trusted]

C:\Spil Finn\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\rxpGNS.DLL.qcakenotcoauraahntqwnccbhzwtnuhzqtowiqwl=2

C:\Spil Finn\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft Airbus X A321 IAE\panel\ASFADEC.DLL.lcezhrezqketccealuqhrrltiaezuaehkeboukwi=2

C:\Spil Finn\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\modules\GPSModule.dll.uwlowniqcqqkkcazrqtonbqwtiwlwwutobuuinka=1

Save Your FSX.cfg.

You will now be asked if You want to run the AS_FADEC.dll - answer YES - this is very important.

Do the same for all Airbus X versions ie. A320 IAE, A320 CFM, A321 IAE and A321 CFM. Remember to answer YES each time.

Setup axis assignment like this for either two throttles or one throttle, depending on what kind of controller You have:

Two hardware throttles:

One hardware throttle:

This is very important, cause axis assignment will not be recognised by the AS_FADEC module before this has been done !

- Check the Aircraft specific ? checkbox and answer yes when asked if You want to use the general settings:

- Then remove the checkmark beside it and select Send to FS as normal axis like this:

- Do the same for throttle 2 (if it exist) i.e select Rescan and then unassign it.

- Now close FSX

The FSUIPC profile for Airbus X, You just made, only works for the livery and model version You had loaded.

To make it work for all Airbus X versions and liveries - go into You \Microsoft Flight Simulator X \Modules\ folder and find FSUIPC.ini

Open it with notepad and scroll down until You find this line in the [General] section:

ShortAircraftNameOk=No

Change it to read:

ShortAircraftNameOk=Yes

Now scroll down to the bottom and find You newly generated profile (Name depends on wich Airbus X version You had loaded when making the profile):

ExcludeThrottleSet=Yes

ExcludeMixtureSet=Yes

And change it to read:

ExcludeThrottleSet=Yes

ExcludeMixtureSet=Yes

- Save Your FSUIPC.ini

Finn

My problem is that I can't find FSX.cfg. That means I can't see the subfolder C:\users\...username...\Application data\...

Ilias

NOTE !!

Windows XP systems:

[Trusted]

Save Your FSX.cfg.

Two hardware throttles:

One hardware throttle:

- Now close FSX

ShortAircraftNameOk=No

Change it to read:

ShortAircraftNameOk=Yes

ExcludeThrottleSet=Yes

ExcludeMixtureSet=Yes

And change it to read:

ExcludeThrottleSet=Yes

ExcludeMixtureSet=Yes

- Save Your FSUIPC.ini

Finn

Hi

I follow the steps you discribe above (unregistered version of FSUIPC and Sietek X52, one Throttle)

after a long effort to find fsx.cfg

but three weeks now I'm still on the ground with this bird

My Seitek X52 doesn't work.

Any new Idea?

Ilias

Hello IIias,

Its a hidden folder so you will need to change this option in Windows.

Hi again

thank you for your reply

I follow the steps you discribe with as_fadec.dll (unregistered version of FSUIPC and Sietek X52, one Throttle)

Any new Idea?

Ilias

Hi again

thank you for your reply

I follow the steps you discribe with as_fadec.dll (unregistered version of FSUIPC and Sietek X52, one Throttle)

Any new Idea?

Ilias

Its in the same folder as the file mention here.

Hi

Sorry if I disturb you again

I read about dll.xml file, I found it as you see below but all seem to be OK after installing AirbusX and Athens Airport X

wich are (i supose) in the last lines.

Could you please help me with a likely next step?

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?>

<SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0">

<Descr>Launch</Descr>

<Filename>dll.xml</Filename>

<Disabled>False</Disabled>

<Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad>

<Launch.Addon>

<Name>Object Placement Tool</Name>

<Disabled>True</Disabled>

<ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>

<Path>..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Mission Creation Kit\object_placement.dll</Path>

</Launch.Addon>

<Launch.Addon>

<Name>Traffic Toolbox</Name>

<Path>..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Traffic Toolbox SDK\traffictoolbox.dll</Path>

</Launch.Addon>

<Launch.Addon>

<Name>Visual Effects Tool</Name>

<Path>..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Special Effects SDK\visualfxtool.dll</Path>

</Launch.Addon>

<Launch.Addon>

<Name>VistaMare Core</Name>

<Path>VistaMare\ViMaCoreX.dll</Path>

</Launch.Addon>

<Launch.Addon>

<Name>GPS Module</Name>

<Path>Modules\GPSModule.dll</Path>