How to setup hardware throttle(s) for Airbus X

Finn

Here is how to setup Your hardware throttles for the Airbus X.

NOTE !!

FSUIPC is NOT required, neither the unregistered nor the registered version.

If using the registered version of FSUIPC for axis assignment and calibration, please read further down this post to see how to set it up for Airbus X.

First and foremost, if You have trouble getting the throttles to work, find Your FSX.cfg:

Windows XP systems:

C:\Documents and Settings\..user name..\Application Data\Microsoft\FSX\

Windows Vista and Wndows 7 systems:

C:\Users\..user name..\AppData\Microsoft\FSX\

Open FSX.cfg with notepad and find the [Trusted] section.

Delete all lines that has AS_FADEC.dll listed f.ex (the below line is just an example):

[Trusted]

C:\Spil Finn\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\rxpGNS.DLL.qcakenotcoauraahntqwnccbhzwtnuhzqtowiqwl=2

C:\Spil Finn\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft Airbus X A321 IAE\panel\ASFADEC.DLL.lcezhrezqketccealuqhrrltiaezuaehkeboukwi=2

C:\Spil Finn\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\modules\GPSModule.dll.uwlowniqcqqkkcazrqtonbqwtiwlwwutobuuinka=1

You might have 4 lines, wich should be deleted.

Save Your FSX.cfg.

Start FSX and select an Airbus X.

You will now be asked if You want to run the AS_FADEC.dll - answer YES - this is very important.

Do the same for all Airbus X versions ie. A320 IAE, A320 CFM, A321 IAE and A321 CFM. Remember to answer YES each time.

Now go into FSX SETTINGS -> CONTROLS.. -> CONTROL AXES tab:

Setup axis assignment like this for either two throttles or one throttle, depending on what kind of controller You have:

Two hardware throttles:

post-7458-087171500 1288993525_thumb.jpg

One hardware throttle:

post-7458-029692100 1288996288_thumb.jpg

After having done so - close FSX and restart it again.

This is very important, cause axis assignment will not be recognised by the AS_FADEC module before this has been done !

For those having a registered version of FSUIPC....

...and uses it for axis assignment and calibration, please follow these steps:

- Load an Airbus X version

- From the top menubar select Add-ons -> FSUIPC -> Axis assignment tab:

post-7458-049489300 1288994171_thumb.jpg

- Check the Aircraft specific ? checkbox and answer yes when asked if You want to use the general settings:

post-7458-062888200 1288994411_thumb.jpg

- Press the rescan button and move Your throttle(s)

- If any assignment shows up like on this image:

post-7458-045768400 1288994576_thumb.jpg

- Then remove the checkmark beside it and select Send to FS as normal axis like this:

post-7458-043330600 1288995018_thumb.jpg

- Do the same for throttle 2 (if it exist) i.e select Rescan and then unassign it.

- Click the OK button in the lower right corner of FSUIPC.

- Your settings for FSUIPC has been stored.

- Now close FSX

The FSUIPC profile for Airbus X, You just made, only works for the livery and model version You had loaded.

To make it work for all Airbus X versions and liveries - go into You \Microsoft Flight Simulator X \Modules\ folder and find FSUIPC.ini

Open it with notepad and scroll down until You find this line in the [General] section:

ShortAircraftNameOk=No

Change it to read:

ShortAircraftNameOk=Yes

Now scroll down to the bottom and find You newly generated profile (Name depends on wich Airbus X version You had loaded when making the profile):

[JoystickCalibration.Airbus A321 Lufthansa AISH]

AllowSuppressForPFCquad=Yes

ExcludeThrottleSet=Yes

ExcludeMixtureSet=Yes

And change it to read:

[JoystickCalibration.Airbus A32]

AllowSuppressForPFCquad=Yes

ExcludeThrottleSet=Yes

ExcludeMixtureSet=Yes

- Save Your FSUIPC.ini

Now the throttles should work for all Airbus X versions.

Finn

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Deputy Sheriffs

Excellent post, Finn. Great detail. For the minority that have been having issues, this should be easy enough to follow.

• 4 weeks later...

Followed the instructions to the letter, and even manipulated a few more things along the way, still no success. Throttles are still not functioning, and engines continue to revert to zero thrust no matter what I try. I have a registered version of FSUIPC and a GoFlight GF-TQ6 throttle quadrant. Further more, I'm curious how you say to remove the levers from the throttle assignments and assign the axis to "Send to FS as normal axis". Yet this would imply that some assignment for these axis has already been made within FSX. Even with these axis assigned, the engines failed to respond at all. I used both the 1.22 ASFEDEC.dll that came with the download, and the version posted on the support forum, and deleted the lines within the FSX.cfg file in both circumstances. Your instructions also fail to mention whether or not controllers are enabled or not within FSX. I believe it should be noted, that most of us with registered versions of FSUIPC have this feature disabled as strongly suggested by the maker of FSUIPC. I enabled controllers within FSX to further test your recommendation with axis assigned to throttle 1 and 2 and it failed to get the throttles to function. It did on the other hand re-assign my controller numbers which made a mess of my controller maps for every aircraft I have installed. I've spent the last 3 hours getting this problem fixed. Word of warning to anyone thinking of enabling controllers within FSX with multiple USB devices with it currently disabled, DON'T!

I must admit, I have nearly every add-on from Captain Sim, PMDG, and multiple other add-ons, including Aerosoft Concorde X, and the Airbus X is a real disappointment with this issue. It seems to be coming clear, for some with more advanced setups than the basics, that this product is not compatible. I should not have to waste half a day to try to fix a problem that is the responsibility of the producer, which is what has occurred today. I suggest either to provide a update for those of us that eliminates the need for indexed throttles or consider giving us a refund. I work, like you folks hard for my money, and I don't buy garbage.

Sincerely,

Thad Wheeler

See the LUA script thread just a few posts down and use the script for the throttles, it's simple and works for folk with the registered version of FSUIPC who have complex setups.

• 1 month later...

Followed the instructions to the letter, and even manipulated a few more things along the way, still no success. Throttles are still not functioning, and engines continue to revert to zero thrust no matter what I try. I have a registered version of FSUIPC and a GoFlight GF-TQ6 throttle quadrant. Further more, I'm curious how you say to remove the levers from the throttle assignments and assign the axis to "Send to FS as normal axis". Yet this would imply that some assignment for these axis has already been made within FSX. Even with these axis assigned, the engines failed to respond at all. I used both the 1.22 ASFEDEC.dll that came with the download, and the version posted on the support forum, and deleted the lines within the FSX.cfg file in both circumstances. Your instructions also fail to mention whether or not controllers are enabled or not within FSX. I believe it should be noted, that most of us with registered versions of FSUIPC have this feature disabled as strongly suggested by the maker of FSUIPC. I enabled controllers within FSX to further test your recommendation with axis assigned to throttle 1 and 2 and it failed to get the throttles to function. It did on the other hand re-assign my controller numbers which made a mess of my controller maps for every aircraft I have installed. I've spent the last 3 hours getting this problem fixed. Word of warning to anyone thinking of enabling controllers within FSX with multiple USB devices with it currently disabled, DON'T!

I must admit, I have nearly every add-on from Captain Sim, PMDG, and multiple other add-ons, including Aerosoft Concorde X, and the Airbus X is a real disappointment with this issue. It seems to be coming clear, for some with more advanced setups than the basics, that this product is not compatible. I should not have to waste half a day to try to fix a problem that is the responsibility of the producer, which is what has occurred today. I suggest either to provide a update for those of us that eliminates the need for indexed throttles or consider giving us a refund. I work, like you folks hard for my money, and I don't buy garbage.

Sincerely,

Thad Wheeler

Finally! Someone who says the truth...

Finn, thank you for the info but the problem remains...

Sincerely,

Thad Wheeler

Finnaly! Someone who says the truth!

Finn, thank you for the info but the problem remains...

Sincerely,

Thad Wheeler

Please read my instructions more thoroughly (all lines of text neeeds to be read ;) )...

It clearly tells that throttle axis' has to be enabled in the FSX controller menu.

Also how to these up for single or dual throttle lever(s).

And last not least - the requirement to restart FSX after having assign the throttles in the FSX controller menu.

Finn

• 2 weeks later...

Please read my instructions more thoroughly (all lines of text neeeds to be read ;) )...

It clearly tells that throttle axis' has to be enabled in the FSX controller menu.

Also how to these up for single or dual throttle lever(s).

And last not least - the requirement to restart FSX after having assign the throttles in the FSX controller menu.

Finn

Well I tried everything but nothin works, is there any updates? :angry2_s:

One problem, My Precision Flight Controls Cirrus 2 does not show up under controller type in the FSX menu.I can use my Saitek to control the detents(both throttles move in a/c,but no thrust), and my PFC to control the thrust(throttles don't move in a/c,but blue throttle position cursers on N1 gauges move,and thrust increases). A work around I guess?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello,

I bought Airbus X v1.22 today(01-April-2011). I had the following problems and after a deep search I found this thread. Well I have fixed the issues as it is explanied on the first post. I've done the following, it may help someone; because I see many people still have the same problem.

Issues I was having:

- Throttle does not work, it returns to idle mode.

- Autothrottle does not work, you cant even activate the a/t button.

My System:

- Windows 7 64-bit Home Edition

- Logitech Attack 3 (One hardware throttle)

- FSUIPC: It is not installed.

I have removed the following lines from the fsx.cfg file first; NOTICE not only ASFADEC.DLL I have removed the ASC.DLL as well.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft Airbus X A321 IAE\panel\ASC.DLL.kihqzrqlrhonouaincctnzrlikktokwiiqhwzchh=2

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft Airbus X A321 IAE\panel\ASFADEC.DLL.weuckuzktrttwlnzihanuczqakobzraoutrczant=2

Then I started the fsx and answered yes for all questions. I went to the SETTINGS -> CONTROLS.. -> CONTROL AXES tab. I did not change anything on this screen as it was already set for Throttle axis.(only throttle axis was selected, not engine 1 throttle or engine 2.) I have saved the settings and restarted the FSX. Thats it.

• 1 month later...

I am still struggling massively with the throttles on this bird. I have tried everything stated here and the new tool and yet when I start up the throttle is at idle. The moment I move the Saitek X52 joystick the throttle jumps to 50+% and stays there. It will go higher but no lower than 50% making taxi'ing a battle. I have tried using FSUIPC and have removed it to try the steps stated above but still no joy at all. Really frsutrating. Can anyone help?

Shaun,

Yes I have - I was holding out a lot of hope for the config tool but it has not worked. Upon using the tool should anything happen once you press save as I have been having an ongoing problem with the launcher in that only one of my purchased products actually appears where it should all the rest appear in others and I cannot update/register as I should? So I am wondering whether I have some problem with the launcher?

Thanks

Hello rtinkler,

Should just save a sel_joystick.ini file.

Which basically tells it what the device name is and the Axis used when programmed.

If you believe your having issues with the Launcher, then please write the issues down in an e-mail and send them to support@aerosoft.com

• 5 weeks later...

will doing this work with 2 usb hardwares? i use a joystick and a controller for fsx, im going to set up the throttle for the joystick but not the controller. never had problems with throttle for any payware or default ac's. i only use the joystick for maneuvering the ailerons, elevators and throttle control. i use the controller for rudder movement and reverse thrust.

will doing this work with 2 usb hardwares? i use a joystick and a controller for fsx, im going to set up the throttle for the joystick but not the controller. never had problems with throttle for any payware or default ac's. i only use the joystick for maneuvering the ailerons, elevators and throttle control. i use the controller for rudder movement and reverse thrust.

Try setting up the joystick first with the throttles etc and then test that and then try the other controller setting up the axis in FSX,

• 2 months later...

I don't have a joystick and this guide not working for me, I can't change anything in Axis tab....

I'm controlling with mouse.

Then you indeed have a problem as the system requirements states that you need a joystick with throttle.

Hello,

I bought saitek cyborg x for FSX and i had Airbus X v1.22.I'm facing the throttle problem too. I've done the following, opened FSX.cfg and deleted lines has AS_FADEC.dll lines. Thn started FSX n selected airbus x. i clicked yes to all DLL questions and assigned my Saitek Cyborg X' throttles as throttle axis 1 & 2. Although it s working with rest A/Cs like pmdg n wilco, not working with airbus x series. Throttle levels always idle doesnt matter what i did.

my OS w7 64 bit home premium

Saitek cyborg x Joystick

and FSUIPC not installed.

what should i do now? i still cant use

Archived