Airbus X, I'm loving it. Thanks Aerosoft.

Jon_AVSIM

Firstly I want to congratulate Aerosoft for what I feel is an excellent product. Yes I have encountered a few issues which have been well covered on other topics but overall I have been very VERY pleased with my purchase. I have not encountered any life threatening problems with it and with time, reading the manuals properly and a tad of patience on my part have come to understand the Airbus philosophy to flying allot better than I did. What I learnt reading these forums and spending time behind the stick was I couldn't fly the Airbus X like I did a Boeing, and once I really appreciated that I have been enjoying my Airbus X experience ever since. I'm actually a die hard Boeing fan but I have been flying the Airbus X almost exclusively since I got it on an extensive tour of Europe and am loving it. I have made lots of videos of this tour so if people are wanting to see this add-on in action showing off lots of detail both internally or externally, feel free to look my page up on YouTube (JonARNZ)

I'm interested to see the latest update for Airbus X (V 1.22). I'm still running the original 1.0 release so have been interested to follow the various threads regarding this aircraft, its evolution since release and how people have found it.

As a long term simmer I'm disappointed with allot of what I have read on this forum about the Airbus X and problems people have had. Since when did people get so rude and demanding? I doubt people would have the guts to behave that way if they were face to face with the developers. It seems to me people forget what's involved in putting together an add-on of this type and while I understand it can be a bit frustrating at times, I genuinely believe Aerosoft go out of there way to support people and improve their products. Airbus X is a great step forward in FSX development and with innovative features such as the landing lights and level of detail that is remarkably FPS friendly, I personally want to encourage further development by Aerosoft, not leave them thinking 'why did we bother'.

So thanks guys for a great product, I really look forward to seeing how it evolves.

• Upvote 3

+1 too.

Nice vids btw. Didn't know about that Bergen airport: are there any more Norwegian airports out there? I do know about Aerosoft's Throndheim. I'd love to see all of Norway done properly in FSX. Now I know about Bergen, I might get it together with Trondheim....

1.22 and more practice have ironed out my problems. That and increasing the sensitivity of the elevators and reducing the null zone. As far as I can determine, the better your approach, the less likely you are to have problems. That would explain why some people are having problems and some are not. With a good approach I have even avoided the 400 foot nose dive on manual landing. I just had a perfectly flawless flight from Berlin to Vienna.

1.22 and more practice have ironed out my problems. That and increasing the sensitivity of the elevators and reducing the null zone. As far as I can determine, the better your approach, the less likely you are to have problems. That would explain why some people are having problems and some are not. With a good approach I have even avoided the 400 foot nose dive on manual landing. I just had a perfectly flawless flight from Berlin to Vienna.

well about this "That and increasing the sensitivity of the elevators and reducing the null zone. As far as I can determine, the better your approach, the less likely you are to have problems. That would explain why some people are having problems and some are not."

I have to say if it just was that simple. but it isent as when i got the problem no matter how my setting was it dident work as it locked flight elevators at low ft, yes by changesing it gets faster to get back but to late to get out of dive.

well about this "That and increasing the sensitivity of the elevators and reducing the null zone. As far as I can determine, the better your approach, the less likely you are to have problems. That would explain why some people are having problems and some are not."

I have to say if it just was that simple. but it isent as when i got the problem no matter how my setting was it dident work as it locked flight elevators at low ft, yes by changesing it gets faster to get back but to late to get out of dive.

Sorry, it might not be that simple. It's hard to say exactly why I'm no longer having problems, but I am being a lot more careful. Since I don't know for sure, I don't know whether the problem will return, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Are you guys engaging autopilot b4 capturing an alt select? What happens if you try to set your alt select to 2000 ft and try to capture that by handflying from take off? My airbusx captures the alt like a drunken sailor, and I am really displeased with this problem persisting through this new patch.