Update V1.22

beech85

I've updated to this new version and VERY VERY HAPPY with the outcome. Done two full flights even with time for a few circuits hands on before shutting down! No CTD's (I did however start with a fsx default just to be on safe side) no heavy nose dives beyond minimum and fairly decent frame rates!!!

The only thing i will say is I do still find the controls to be wobbly without AP, which can make manual approaches tricky, I think once this is sorted it'll be pretty much perfect.

Thanks for this update Aerosoft, just keep on making the improvements and I'll be happy!!

Looking forward to what comes with the advanced version!

• Upvote 1

I've updated to this new version and VERY VERY HAPPY with the outcome. Done two full flights even with time for a few circuits hands on before shutting down! No CTD's (I did however start with a fsx default just to be on safe side) no heavy nose dives beyond minimum and fairly decent frame rates!!!

The only thing i will say is I do still find the controls to be wobbly without AP, which can make manual approaches tricky, I think once this is sorted it'll be pretty much perfect.

Thanks for this update Aerosoft, just keep on making the improvements and I'll be happy!!

Looking forward to what comes with the advanced version!

Do you think any of the fixes in V1.22 were related to the CTD's issue? I flew a circuit yesterday with V1.22 having started by loading the default Cessna and got the usual CTD on ending the flight.

It happens every time for me. Perhaps I was hoping for too much.

If anything, it seems to have increased the incidence of CTDs for me; I've not yet been able to take off, with V1.22, since every time I reach v2 and rotate with a gentle pressure on the stick, the simulation crashes. I've just about give up with this; it's wasting too much time and effort to get it to fly. I've reinstalled it from scracth, attended to the dll.xml entries, and rebuilt the cgf file too, but it makes no difference with this version.

I'd expected that by the time Aerosoft had published a boxed version the programme wouyld be stable and solid, but as i've said before on this forum, this is by some distance the most fragile piece of software I have ever bought for FSX. I'll be visitng the Aerosoft stand at the Dutch FS show at Lelystad this weekend, and hope to be able to discover what future, if any, this add-on has on my rig!

David

Do you think any of the fixes in V1.22 were related to the CTD's issue? I flew a circuit yesterday with V1.22 having started by loading the default Cessna and got the usual CTD on ending the flight.

I don't think so and I still have the CTD on exiting FSX, but it no longer bothers me as I'm closing FSX anyway.

The CTD in closing FSX may be related to REX Avoiding System. Do you have REX installed in your machine? If so, test to close the Wasys BEFORE closing FSX and see if the CTD goes away.

The CTD in closing FSX may be related to REX Avoiding System. Do you have REX installed in your machine? If so, test to close the Wasys BEFORE closing FSX and see if the CTD goes away.

Not relevant for me. I've been using a clean install with no other add-ons at all and still get the CTD's. As I said, I don't consider this to be a problem as it only happens on closing FSX.

Personally I don't have the REX avoiding system installed.

Paul