Airbusx

Stanner

I find it exceedingly difficult locate the ariport and then to properly align the aircraft with the desired runway. I have read Vol 6 of the manual and some of the postings

on this forum. I find conflicting instructions. Aerosoft says to just use the APPR and then AP2 when intercepting the localizer glidescope. Others say to first enable LOC.

If I installed the defautl FSX Garmin GPS it would facilitate locating the airport and aligning the aircraft with the desired runway.

I tried installing the GPS in the A320 CFM Panel cfg. Since the aircraft has no 2D cockpit, I installed it as "[Vcockpit2] followed by the standard

GPS entries.

However, I cannot find the GPS listed when I click on View, Instrument Panel.

Has anyone installed the default Garmin GPS? If yes, can you provide details.

I realize this is not in keeping with a pure Airbus, but under the circumstances it is a small solution to what seems to many a difficult problem.

Thanks.

Stanner

PS I have version 1.2 installed from a CD. It seems that there are still bugs. One major bug noted is the way the aircraft bolts around when the autopilot

is diconnected.

• Upvote 1

Well charts do it a lot easyer to find out how and where to go from the last chek point. but ok made a dokument whit the default GPS. the reason of why your try dosent work is that you try to insert an pannel into the virtual cokpit but you cant do so as it have to be a 2d pannel. els you have to re-create the virtual cokpit. so open your panel.cfg and enter so the top of dokument matchs this. but remember first to make an back up.

[Window Titles]

Window00=Main Panel

Window01=GPS

[Views]

VIEW_FORWARD_WINDOWS=MAIN_PANEL

VIEW_FORWARD_DIR=0.0,0.0,1.0

//--------------------------------------------------------

[Window00]

file=Panel_2D.bmp

size_mm=800, 600

BACKGROUND_COLOR=0,0,0

visible=0

ident=MAIN_PANEL

[Window01]

size_mm=456,378

window_size=0.5

position=8

BACKGROUND_COLOR=0,0,0

VISIBLE=0

ident=GPS_PANEL

gauge00=fs9gps!gps_500,            0,0

• Deputy Sheriffs

OR...using the flight planner in FSX. you could simply zoom in enough so you can see the runway layout at your destination airport, pick an intersection/waypoint that's lined up with the runway you want and that's 5 miles or more from the threshold (10 miles is better, and there are several at most decent sized airports and bigger), save the flight plan and then load it into the MCDU.

Keep things on the slow side (around the flaps 2 speed with flaps at 2) if there's a big angle on intercepting the extended centerline so the airplane doesn't have to wander around before it settles down on the localizer.

• 3 weeks later...

Herman,

I adjusted the panel.cfg as you suggested. I can find "GPS" in the "instrument panel" under views, along with "main panel". However, when I click on GPS

nothing appears. I guess the GPS cannot be shown in the VC cockpit mode.

Thanks.

Stanner

well only 2d pannel works. as i addee in the dok i attached here and a showed as short version last. so if this is in 2d pannel as gps it would be shoed and work like in other planes but not in VC as no space build for it. but se my response to your other post that might be a solution for you.

panel.zip

Herman,

I adjusted the panel.cfg as you suggested. I can find "GPS" in the "instrument panel" under views, along with "main panel". However, when I click on GPS

nothing appears. I guess the GPS cannot be shown in the VC cockpit mode.

Thanks.

Stanner

Are you useing Shift +2? as that would correspond to [Window01]

yes just do as in all other planes shift+2 and it should be showed. but do not use my file for the lufthansa or other in the Aerosoft Airbus X A321 IAE serie as that is another set up that should be easy to do your self by study my file

I am confused. The Airbus X has only a VC panel there is NO 2D. Are you saying that what you gave me for the panel cfg adjustment is for @D cockpit only? Or is it supposed to work in VC? Remember the Airbus X has only a VCV cockpit.

Thanks.

Stanner

I am confused. The Airbus X has only a VC panel there is NO 2D. Are you saying that what you gave me for the panel cfg adjustment is for @D cockpit only? Or is it supposed to work in VC? Remember the Airbus X has only a VCV cockpit.

Thanks.

Stanner

well yes aerosoft gave you only VC exsept from 321 lufthansa as they used whit 2d panel as test plane. so what i did is i changesed the original panel cfg so you could open default gps in 2d pannel which if you have been working whit 2d pannels is posible as thats not build in to the model as vc is where you have to rebuild. so you could add nearly all 2d gauges just the files are in the right places.

• 1 month later...