My plot AF74

OleAndreasen

sorry if anyone got me wrong... i'm not going anywhere, just wanted to say this issue is behind us so i have nothing to add here :) that's all.

i love this project in spite of all the ups and downs, just wish i had more time to spend here...

I have been sitting here in the side looking at this matter and others concerning Andras Field and I must be frankly here because as this was meant to be community driven in the same manner as "Emma Field" was back in the ol' days, it has been so far from that idea for a long time now. The whole idea was to have fun, but here at Andras Field there has been so much restrictions and regulations put up by the board that the whole idea has withered apart at least from my side. I don't now if I'm the only one here that feels this has become a small group of people deciding way over the heads of the rest of the community at Andras.

If you had put up a "normal" FSX MP-server as we had on Emma without any "big" organization to run it I'm pretty sure things would have moved in a totally different direction. Many good ideas look good on the paper, but are they practical enough to put into life. I'm not sure.

I'm not putting my plot on sales in hope for things to get better in the future. Anyhow with the house pricing at Andras at the moment I would not get my 60 Euros back anyhow.

I have been sitting here in the side looking at this matter and others concerning Andras Field and I must be frankly here because as this was meant to be community driven in the same manner as "Emma Field" was back in the ol' days, it has been so far from that idea for a long time now. The whole idea was to have fun, but here at Andras Field there has been so much restrictions and regulations put up by the board that the whole idea has withered apart at least from my side. I don't now if I'm the only one here that feels this has become a small group of people deciding way over the heads of the rest of the community at Andras.

If you had put up a "normal" FSX MP-server as we had on Emma without any "big" organization to run it I'm pretty sure things would have moved in a totally different direction. Many good ideas look good on the paper, but are they practical enough to put into life. I'm not sure.

I'm not putting my plot on sales in hope for things to get better in the future. Anyhow with the house pricing at Andras at the moment I would not get my 60 Euros back anyhow.

Well Fred.

Thats an opinion. I have never been associated with Emmas Field, so I cannot comment on similarities or not, with Emmas Field.

But not two adventures will come out the same, because of the different times, different places, different people and different expectations.

Your opinion on a "normal" FSX MP-server stands as just that - an opinion. But we did not decide to do that, and so its not easy to say how things would have been, had we done so. You could say that about every aspect here I guess. "I think it would have been very different, had you only done this or that" But here we are Fred.

But feel free to apply for a board position in the next elections, and be in the decisions circle - the small group. as you say. I guess this resembles real life pretty much. Or simply up ideas and we can discuss them... apart from the online provider - what would YOU like to have happen here?

As for the possibility to get your 60 bucks back for your house..... again as in real life prices will go up and down I guess.Im sorry if you feel like leaving. I dont! I DO have fun, and I am not alone.

Hi Ole

As a President of the Owners association you should not make these conclusions. You are here to talk our voice. And to represent each and everyone of us. But no constructive critism have a place here I can see. I don't think I would apply for any position in the board at the moment. From the outside it looks like a one-man show and I'll be happy standing outside this "mess". That is an opinion too as you stated all my other thoughts are as well. But opinions doesn't matter do they? No thank you. Keep up the "good work" boys and I'll drop in from time to time to see if the board gets a grip on things here.

Fred :- You failed to answer the vital question -

What would you like to see happen here?

What events would you like to see being held, that would attract you to actually show up one evening?..

You talk of FSX-MP...Im sure you have used it in the past, so must be more than aware how unreliable it is - its laggy,constantly crashing, constantly throwing people out the server,constantly failing to log in..i could go on.

this wouldn't be very good, for instance, when a flyout is planned, where we all fly together having a natter, getting half way to our destination and the server crashing- this would ruin it

So yes..if FSX-MP was the server used, then your right in sayin it would have gone in a totally diffrent direction..in the failed direction.

VAE is extreamly reliable, very easy to install, and even easyier to use.

Rather than attacking this in the way you are, try to be more positive.Surley you can agree being negative about any thing,at andras filed, or even in real life, gets noone nowhere.

I'll look forward to yor response to the above questions.

regards.

Hi Ole

As a President of the Owners association you should not make these conclusions. You are here to talk our voice. And to represent each and everyone of us. But no constructive critism have a place here I can see. I don't think I would apply for any position in the board at the moment. From the outside it looks like a one-man show and I'll be happy standing outside this "mess". That is an opinion too as you stated all my other thoughts are as well. But opinions doesn't matter do they? No thank you. Keep up the "good work" boys and I'll drop in from time to time to see if the board gets a grip on things here.

Fred.

I will conclude as I please. Same as you. I am not here to talk the voice of someone why just criticize, and fails to suggest something instead. As Maddz above said, the key point I was making, was to hear what you want - instead of only hearing what you think is "the wrong way". I cannot be your voice based on that.

Lets hear you Fred. Speak of what you see as positive things to be, in AF - OR sign up, next term, to break the "one man" dominance. (although I fail to see this "one man" thing - we are several board members who actually try to do some work here.