No More Lessons

Guest David S.

Guest David S.

I asked for lessons, and am still waiting...I guess there's no lessons, hardly anyone at Andras Field in general and there's guys using offensive call signs. Foul language and inappropriate conversations. I'm sorry I ever bought Andras field! anyone want to buy my license? I don't think I'll be flying there very often if ever again. Try bidding on a plot!! you won't even get a confirmation that your e-mail was received. Events are disorganized and NOT FUN. One guy there even thinks that being a drunk is something to aspire to. No gps/ils approach. No fuel truck, No Tug for sea planes. Just scenery, that's all. If that's what you are after, cool, otherwise fly online somewhere else. Oh yeah, server problems, teamspeak problems, etc. Too many bugs for me.

-Clearly Disappointed

• Upvote 1

I Try bidding on a plot!! you won't even get a confirmation that your e-mail was received.

Sorry you feel that way - I can understand why not getting a confirmation e-mail may be slightly frustrating but

I am not an Aerosoft employee

I receive no benefit other than enjoying Andras Field

I have to deal with all sorts of emails that come in

I have to send admin etc emails about the winners of the plot etc

All of this uses up a lot of my spare time and there are many bidders for plots

• Upvote 1

Also as a side note, when you posted about the lessons I did say to contact Sebastiaan directly regards this if he didnt reply to the post. Did you actually do that?

And

Reading this thread Click me you would even find an email address to request your flight training.

The fuel truck, well theres mutliple threads on how to find the fuel at Andras Field

GPS/ILS appraches, tune nav1 to the ILS frequency and manually fly it, if you need help with how to manually fly an ILS ask, Im sure theres many people who would gladly help you. Andras Field is a project run by the community. If you want GPS approaches then you or anyone who wants them should design them. Reading the Read This First Thread pinned in the General forum you would know that

User interaction and user involvement

Aerosoft only wants to provide the files and start the project. We hope the users will then start to take ownership of the project and start to manage it. There are many aspects we've left unfinished at this moment. For example we have all the charts and maps, but we have not drawn the SIDs, STARs, taxi-routes etc on them. That's something we feel the users can decide on amongst themselves. We will then update the maps. To co-ordinate this there will be a board of directors (consisting of Sales Director, Airport Director, Airpark Director, and Glider Association representative). These functions are open at this moment and a few days after release we will ask users to find people for these functions. So Andras Field is a project fully driven by the users.

there's guys using offensive call signs. Foul language and inappropriate conversations. One guy there even thinks that being a drunk is something to aspire to.

Hi David,

With any specific information I think you can read our CoC here and approach the Board of AF here. You may also share it with us if you feel the need. I'm sure Aerosoft can supply the AF Board with the ability to trace relevant IP addresses and back up the CoC.

There was another note earlier regarding people corrupting the list of desired customized repaints, not sure what was done there, maybe you want to check it out.

I'd also like to put in my two cents.

David, I'm sorry about your displeasure regarding our server and teamspeak, however I assure you, the teamspeak has not had any downtime, nor has the flight server for over a week now. Our member services department is working around the clock to make sure that the server that hosts both the teamspeak and the flight server is up and running as much as possible. If there is an issue, we act as quickly as technologically possible to restore the server as to not dissappoint. This is why we experienced some down time a few weeks ago. We changed hosting providers because of the unreliable hosts that we were previously with. Again, since, we have had little to no problems with server uptime and we do not anticipate any further major issues in the future. If individual problems arise with a members client software or substitutions, Ray, our Tech director (as well as Andras Online Manager) and Robert, our member services director have built a reputation for assisting people in maximizing their experience here at VAE by working with you to eliminate any problems you, or anyone else, may have.

As for the complaints regarding inappropriate callsigns while flying on the server, please do email me the details so we can work to correct this issue at evan@virtual-aviation.org. This vulgar and profane behavior is not allowed on the VAE server and we will take action accordingly. Also, I would invite anyone else with complaints or suggestions to email either myself, Ray (ray@virtual-aviation.org), or Robert (robert@virtual-aviation.org. This will help us to provide a professional server, with a community feel.

Best Regards,

Evan

Virtual Aviation Experience

Hi All,

I will give a little clarification on this subject.

I did get in contact with you David, and I am very sorry, but I still didn't manage to contact any of the instructors. I will keep on trying, but in the meanwhile, feel free to fly at the VAE flight school, I am sure they have better instructors which do answer emails! My apologies, I will keep on trying to reach them :angry:

I've been keeping an eye on the Andras Field project for a while and just recently purchased the scenery and hope to finalize the sale of my new commercial property this week but wanted to add my 2 cents to this discussion.

Yes, there going to be some hiccups, glitches and disorganization sometimes but that's what happens when you break new ground and do something as innovative as a project like this. There's a few things I myself don't like about it but instead of complaining about it on a public forum, I'll be joining in with the community to see how we can make things better. By working in a positve way with the AF community here then you have a chance to improve on things. Simply coming here and bashing won't get you anywhere.

Try a different approach my freind...

I've been keeping an eye on the Andras Field project for a while and just recently purchased the scenery and hope to finalize the sale of my new commercial property this week but wanted to add my 2 cents to this discussion.

Yes, there going to be some hiccups, glitches and disorganization sometimes but that's what happens when you break new ground and do something as innovative as a project like this. There's a few things I myself don't like about it but instead of complaining about it on a public forum, I'll be joining in with the community to see how we can make things better. By working in a positve way with the AF community here then you have a chance to improve on things. Simply coming here and bashing won't get you anywhere.

Well said Vance

I did get in contact with you David, and I am very sorry, but I still didn't manage to contact any of the instructors. I will keep on trying, but in the meanwhile, feel free to fly at the VAE flight school, I am sure they have better instructors which do answer emails! My apologies, I will keep on trying to reach them :angry:

How about using this new product: PPL Course

and following what is suggested below:

SPECIAL NOTE FOR AIRCLUBS: If you wish this course in your own airfield or with your own planes, please contact the autor

to create our "customized automated flight school" that does not need instructors availability, can be taken from EAFS and be flown under our aircraft and painting? looks cool to me.

How about using this new product: PPL Course

and following what is suggested below:

to create our "customized automated flight school" that does not need instructors availability, can be taken from EAFS and be flown under our aircraft and painting? looks cool to me.

Sounds nice, I will look into it :)

That seems like a good idea don't get me wrong, but I see a few downsides to it one of which i the realism factor, take the real world you can't call up your Flight School/Club and ask for an automated flight lesson. I think it would be more beneficial if a real person did the instructing that way he can give you tips and things that the automated lesson may not and it will cost less too :). Now I don't mean to play my own horn but VAE has an excellent flight school that is pretty well established at the moment, I think if Andras flight school could work out an articulation agreement with the VAE flight school to offer more lessons and times to take such lessons I think it would improve both flight schools and ultimately make a pretty sweet flight program in the long run.

That seems like a good idea don't get me wrong, but I see a few downsides to it one of which i the realism factor, take the real world you can't call up your Flight School/Club and ask for an automated flight lesson. I think it would be more beneficial if a real person did the instructing that way he can give you tips and things that the automated lesson may not and it will cost less too :). Now I don't mean to play my own horn but VAE has an excellent flight school that is pretty well established at the moment, I think if Andras flight school could work out an articulation agreement with the VAE flight school to offer more lessons and times to take such lessons I think it would improve both flight schools and ultimately make a pretty sweet flight program in the long run.

Sounds like a good idea to me.... Sebastiaan?

I cannot for the life of me figure out if the current flight school is active or not? No critisism, but simple confusion and curiousity.

Sounds like a good idea to me.... Sebastiaan?

I cannot for the life of me figure out if the current flight school is active or not? No critisism, but simple confusion and curiousity.

Yeah, the flight school currently has no active instructors. They all seem to have dissapeared. I guess if we can do some kind of fusion, it would be great :D

I second this in full. Sorry you, David, feel disappointed. My own experience is that my qustions have been readily answered. and I even won a bid for a house, so it's not impossible. People I have exchanged mail or talked to with Teamspeak 2 have been friendly and polite. I too, was a bit confused I couldn't land using ILS-approaches, but it inspired me to learn VOR-navigation while flying my Cessna Citation (Take off from Munich - EDDM) if you want to test it.

It is my experience that you will always find what you are looking for, be it rain, sun trouble or happiness. For this reason, having a positive attitude is important. Should I ever feel badly treated by someone in this community, I will certainly not judge everyone on the basis of one/few unpleasant incidents.

I for one can attest to the quality of the VAE flight school. I worked with Lee and I felt as though I was really in the air doing flight lessons. He is an excellent instructor and I would recommend VAE flight school to anyone even the ones that have been flying virtually for 15 years like me. Its a good check to see if you are doing it "As real as it gets"

i've an eye on this topic/threat for some weeks now. i regret too, that there is so much confusion about EAFS-Flight School. so i absolutely agree with kind of fusion at this moment.

only question: fusion with whom?

first about myself:

I'm flying since FS3 (ca. 1992) and all my knowledge i got through self education.

now i fly everything from glider to PMDG B747. Though having more than 7000h in my logbook I don't know everything.

My next "adventure" is online-flying on IVAO. So, i decided to sign in on an virtual flightschool to get handy hints (and also proof myself how good or worse my flying-skills are).

It was important for me to get to know all phrases of ATC, too (its called in german: AZF) cause in FS9/FSX you can find ATC, but its not quite realistic.

Now, I have been well prepared for online-flying.rolleyes.gif (and will join our online-evenings on EAFS)

Who hepled and teached me?

I've found FS-Flightacademy.com (to clarify at first, I'm a student not the owner!) - where you can absolve courses for each PPL-A, IFR and Boeing B737 type-rating.

These courses stick to real-courses and held by owners of the real certificates (and even real instructors!!!). After each course, you got your own certificate after passing a theoretical and a practical exam!

Even though these courses are held one evening a week (ca. 24x 2h), these are absolutely in-depth courses. So even as a complete newbie you will pass your exam!

And now the best news of the day: you don't have to pay hundreds of Euros for these courses - you can make a donation of your choice!

I love these folks of FS-FA, and I am deeply grateful for the whole knowledge and a hoard of anecdotes!

Here you can find more informations: http://www.fs-flightacademy.com/aktuelle_kurse/

Now the downside(s):

The FS-FA is a german flight training school. So the classes are held in german. But i don't have a problem with this point because EAFS is situated in the german-language-area (Germany, Austria, Switzerland)!!

Especially as it seems to be an Andras-Field in the USA in the near feature. http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?showtopic=39321

Not everybody speaks english fluently! Writing english is completely different, because you have time to answer an even can use an online-translator ;-)

Now my two cents:

How about a joint venture of EAFS-Flight School and FS-FA to have an german-speaking flight training school?

And later on a joint venture of VAE and Andras-USA for the english native speakers?

To clarify: I don't want a german Andras-Forum and I don't want german events on Andras! I just recommend a flight school joint venture (in german language)

How about that? unsure.gif

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, the flight school currently has no active instructors. They all seem to have dissapeared. I guess if we can do some kind of fusion, it would be great :D

Sebastiaan! WAKE UP!

There are people here, who actually want this to work out. Get your ass in gear or pass this project on to someone who would like to spend even a LITTLE time on it.:angry:

Thanks Fred! I appreciate your support. ;)

As I see it you were not being backed up nor supported in you're reply but criticised!! Take a look more closely to his Emoticon....