New forum layout

Delta777

To be exact I pretty much hate it.

I now have to click through several subforums to get to the part I want, I never had any problems with the old layout and can't understand the need for the new one.

Anybody who thinks the same?

• Upvote 11

Yes, I agree.

The main problem for me is that I see a problem alluded to on the main forum page in the preview box on the right hand side like `autopilot not working` and I have to hunt to find out it's the bloody Airbus, a product I have less than no interest in, instead of something that might be genuinely involving...

I quite like it, it seems more organised. Though I do agree you have to jump through a few more hoops than I'd like to get where you want to go.

Chris

I hate it too. :angry:

It's over-organised.

I need many more mouse clicks to view the subjects i'm visiting daily.

So, it's not visitor friendly.

My two cents.

Ad

Get over it!

Learn to adopt change...it'll be good for you. Nothing has really changed, it's just been re-organised.

Jeeeeez....it's no big deal........just re-link your bookmarks, in the time it takes to moan about it, you'd be sorted.

sigh.

• Upvote 3

I hate all the capital letters in the forum area names, come on guys, surely you guys have been around long enough to know THAT ALL CAPS IS CONSIDERED AS SHOUTING AND NOT TO MENTION IS REALLY DIFFICULT TO READ.

I also agree that it's been over organised and requires far many more steps to get to the info you want.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Although I can't see any advantage in the new forum layout for the users, I guess I will learn to use it (I'm not too old ;) ). Aerosofts arguments for the new layout is the broader pruductline with more sim software (Train Bus....). IMHO a better solution would have been an entry page where you just click the area you want to go and then leave the rest as it is (like Aerosofts webpage).

What I really hate is the use of capital letters in the headlines! This is part of the basic knowledge of a professional layouter to avoid this!

Well, if it is the new layout then I really hate it too...

And beside that, where the hell is the support forum?????

I mean the support forum for Sceneries, AES, etc... ????

I don't find anything anymore....

Alex

I don't like the new forum layout. Why is there a forum for FSX/FS2004 Scenery and another one for Megaairports? Maybe it's better to have two forums, but for me it's just another forum to go to.

And those capital letters are really hard to read. At least this could be changed!?

Chris

In general I like the redesign, but it doesn't seem organized that train-and other stuff related topics are in the "flight simulation" related topics. Maybe it would be better to open new categories for newly released products for every category Aerosoft serves.

What I have noticed is that the master entry page now only shows the read-only forum under FLIGHT SIMULATORS. There's too many steps to recognise where and when new posts have been made. Only when you click on FLIGHT SIMULATORS can you see whether there are new posts in the MSFS sections, as opposed to JT or ROF.

But then you have to click AGAIN to find new posts in the MS FSX/MS FS2004 forum, but you STILL can't see where those new posts are made. ONLY when you click on AIRCRAFT can you finally see whether there are new posts in general or specific interest sub-forums...

Frankly, this is just daft. Surely someone could add the sub-headings to the RECENTLY ADDED TOPICS (Oh! wait! that's `Recently Added Topics` as this heading on the front page is now inconsistent with the rest through its non-use of CAPITALS!) so that you can see at a glance all sections where new posts have been made?

That, after all should be the purpose of the Forum front page. To direct visitors to new posts, new topics and new contributions. Immediately, and with as few intermediate steps as possible.

Hi Snave.

What you mention about new topics and posts;i have been useing ''Veiw New Content'' at the top right...does this not do what you mention? im under the impression that it does-am i wrong?

And i could'nt agree more - its a mess.

Hi Snave.

What you mention about new topics and posts;i have been useing ''Veiw New Content'' at the top right...does this not do what you mention? im under the impression that it does-am i wrong?

And i could'nt agree more - its a mess.

Precisely my point: It gives the heading for the thread, but NOT it's location in sub-heading or sub-section. `Autopilot not working` is a perfectly acceptable heading for a topic, but only by clicking on it do you find out it's the Airbus. Which is if no interest to me, whereas if its the Twotter, it is... and even then, you only find out AFTER clicking on it by scrolling back up to the opt of the page which is the really irritating part.

Take the `Harrier GR3 Hi Resolution model` topic - sub heading `IN DEVELOPEMENT/PREVIEWS` Aside from the obvious typo, ONLY by clicking on this topic then scrolling up do I find it's to do with JET THUNDER. It is not obvious from either the VNC page, nor even from the subsequent viewing of the post itself. Madness!

And increasingly irritating...

• Deputy Sheriffs

Good to here Fabian!

Maybe another suggestion: Other support forums allows to mark a thread as "Solved". Would be a nice feature for the Aerosoft forum too.