Airbus X Version 1.2

Stanner

Have Airbus X v1.2. In the FCU (flight control unit), I am not able to enter numerical values for air speed, heading, altitude and vertical speed.

1. I "pull the knob" by right clicking on it.

2. HOW DO YOU ROTATE THE KNOB TO ENTER A NUMERICAL VALUE? I try right clicking and nothing happens. Example the airspeed reflects 250 kts when I first

load the aircraft. If I left click a yellow dot appears next to the 250 kts. I am unable to change the speed from 250.

3. I am having similar problems with the heading knob, the altitude knob, and the vertical knob.

Would appreciate any help you can offer. I am ready to scrap this sim.

Stanner

• Deputy Sheriffs

Have Airbus X v1.2. In the FCU (flight control unit), I am not able to enter numerical values for air speed, heading, altitude and vertical speed.

1. I "pull the knob" by right clicking on it.

2. HOW DO YOU ROTATE THE KNOB TO ENTER A NUMERICAL VALUE? I try right clicking and nothing happens. Example the airspeed reflects 250 kts when I first

load the aircraft. If I left click a yellow dot appears next to the 250 kts. I am unable to change the speed from 250.

3. I am having similar problems with the heading knob, the altitude knob, and the vertical knob.

Would appreciate any help you can offer. I am ready to scrap this sim.

Stanner

Once you "grab" the control (hover or mouse click), use the mouse wheel to scroll the value up or down.

• Upvote 1

• Deputy Sheriffs

Thanks. Would have been much easier if this was noted in the manual.

Stanner

It is, on page 01-07-9, but the first two sentences are wrong (and have you do what you were probably doing, with notable lack of success) and the last two correct. So even if you had found it, you'd be wondering what you were doing wrong. I'm a little surprised this hasn't been corrected yet.

Anyway, glad I could help.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have similar problem, but this sulution is not working. Another problem is with the throtle, they are not moving visual, but power goes up.

The lack of movement in the throttle is common in Airbus. That's how the real plane's autothrottle works. No bug there.

I have similar problem, but this sulution is not working. Another problem is with the throtle, they are not moving visual, but power goes up.

This is EXACTLY the problem I'm having. This IS a glitch. When you are in manual control, they power up, but they do not move VISUALLY in the VC. This makes it impossible to engage the AP, as we cannot move into detents like CLB, etc. Correct?

This needs to be fixed.

This is EXACTLY the problem I'm having. This IS a glitch. When you are in manual control, they power up, but they do not move VISUALLY in the VC. This makes it impossible to engage the AP, as we cannot move into detents like CLB, etc. Correct?

This needs to be fixed.

Do i get it right that when you physically move your lever at your joystick all the way forward, the thrust lever within the VC of the Airbus X still keeps at idle?? and nonetheless power is applied?

Do i get it right that when you physically move your lever at your joystick all the way forward, the thrust lever within the VC of the Airbus X still keeps at idle?? and nonetheless power is applied?

Thats doesn't happen with mine, when I pust the lever forward on my joystick I have to watch the levers in the cockpit so I get them to click into the appropriate detent position.

However saying that when Autothrottle is on they wont move even if it increases or decreases thrust as it should stay in the correct detent position for the phase of flight.

• 1 year later...