Preview: Iceland X (FSX)

horst18519

You know, I actually think I'm going to purchase this. I want to fly props in FSX, and since I'll most probably be going to Iceland for at least a months next year, how about some looking around in FS :-)

I don't suppose the BN2 Islander and Twotter are used in that region?

EDIT: Well this is incredible. Both are used in Iceland. The Twotter by Air Iceland, and the BN2 by Flugfélag Vestmannaeyja. I'm gonna do a repaint for both of them! This will be sooo much fun biggrin.gif

Now let's hope the price is as reasonable as FTX's region scenery packs prices.

You know, I actually think I'm going to purchase this. I want to fly props in FSX, and since I'll most probably be going to Iceland for at least a months next year, how about some looking around in FS :-)

I don't suppose the BN2 Islander and Twotter are used in that region?

EDIT: Well this is incredible. Both are used in Iceland. The Twotter by Air Iceland, and the BN2 by Flugfélag Vestmannaeyja. I'm gonna do a repaint for both of them! This will be sooo much fun biggrin.gif

Now let's hope the price is as reasonable as FTX's region scenery packs prices.

Air Iceland are now at the moment only using Fokker 50 and Dash 8-106 and mainly the Dash is used for Greenland flights, like from Reykjavik to Kulusuk and Nuuk but occasionally the Fokker50

is used for Greenland flights..

At the moment I think Norlandair are using all Air Iceland Twin Otters for flight from Akureyri to Grimsey and other places. Also Norlandair takes care of all scheduled flights to and from Vestmannaeyjar (BIVM) to Bakki (BIBA) except the first weekend of August when most of Icelanders go drunk at Vestmanna -Island Air Iceland has also scheduled flights between Reykjavik and the island :)

:D

As usual Thorsten, great work.

Only issue is I uninstalled fsx recently (x52 wires gone bad after three years of use), so my enjoyment will have to wait. :(

Air Iceland are now at the moment only using Fokker 50 and Dash 8-106 and mainly the Dash is used for Greenland flights, like from Reykjavik to Kulusuk and Nuuk but occasionally the Fokker50

is used for Greenland flights..

At the moment I think Norlandair are using all Air Iceland Twin Otters for flight from Akureyri to Grimsey and other places. Also Norlandair takes care of all scheduled flights to and from Vestmannaeyjar (BIVM) to Bakki (BIBA) except the first weekend of August when most of Icelanders go drunk at Vestmanna -Island Air Iceland has also scheduled flights between Reykjavik and the island :)

Yeah, I've been collecting screenshots for the two repaints. The Twotters are used by Norlandair, but also by Flugfélag íslands (if that's the name of an actual airline). Both of them still have the Air Iceland logo on the tail, however. Thanks for the extra info by the way! I'll be recreating some of those flights when I have the paints done. And it's nice to know what planes they use to fly to greenland. That's most likely how I will go there myself biggrin.gif Gosh, now I really wish PMDG would do that Dash-8 tongue.gif

Yeah, I've been collecting screenshots for the two repaints. The Twotters are used by Norlandair, but also by Flugfélag íslands (if that's the name of an actual airline). Both of them still have the Air Iceland logo on the tail, however. Thanks for the extra info by the way! I'll be recreating some of those flights when I have the paints done. And it's nice to know what planes they use to fly to greenland. That's most likely how I will go there myself biggrin.gif Gosh, now I really wish PMDG would do that Dash-8 tongue.gif

Actually, both of the Norlandair Twin Otters were painted in full c/s earlier this year:

http://www.airliners...inct_entry=true