Preview: Iceland X (FSX)

horst18519

I will be able to post more preview screenshots tomorrow, it looks like we can release within 3 weeks from now.

@Emi: I think everything has been said about what might or might not be done and why we do it our way, I have deleted your comment to avoid going off on a tangent.

• Upvote 1

Ahh, that's looking good. It's always good so see the addon compared to the default scenery! But i'm still thinking that you might make the snow and the ice looking a bit more realistic.

Ich schreib das hier jetzt mal kurz auf Deutsch weil ich das auf Englisch wohl nicht könnte :blush::

Nach meiner Ansicht sieht der Schnee und das Eis ein wenig zu sehr nach einfachen weißen Texturen aus (Was es im Grunde genommen ja auch ist :lol:), aber das könnte man besser gestalten.

ORBX hat in der NA BLUE PNW einige Gletscher eingebaut die einfach nur verdammt gut aussehen, wie dieser Screenshot zeigt: http://www.flightsim...&pic=5&type=jpg

Oder das hier... das sieht auch richtig super aus: http://flightsimstor...&pic=2&type=jpg :wub:

Meiner Meinung nach sieht das noch ein wenig besser aus, als Island X bis jetzt.

Das kann Aerosoft doch bestimmt auch... Würde jedenfalls sehr gut aussehen sowas auch in Island X zu sehen...

I'd be thankfull if you could do something like this :excl:

Regards

Emi

errrrr yeahhh blink.gif....... should I agree or disagree lol biggrin.gif

Some more impressions of a small tour I did today with downloaded weather. Note how different the weather can be within a very short time period.

wow, the first and the last shoots looks very good, some more of that and i'm sure that i'll buy that:)

• Upvote 1

This looks very nice!

Will there be a FS9 version?

Hi Hans,

only Keflavík will also be available for FS9.

The rest is FSX only.

Well, I would also like to see Reykavik and Isafördur for FS9, but if the developers don't want to / are not able to, then is it also okay for me, i don't really need the whole island in FS9

Beautiful, Thorsten! Not sure if I missed this info, but will it be available in one package for download?

Thorsten, you haven't answered this question yet, and it would interest me too

By the way: how good can you fly gliders in Island? There are many mountains, so i think there is the possibillity that it might go well...is that true?

• Upvote 1

Thorsten, you haven't answered this question yet, and it would interest me too

By the way: how good can you fly gliders in Island? There are many mountains, so i think there is the possibillity that it might go well...is that true?

Yes there are 3 glider clubs in Iceland, one at Sandskeid (BISS) which is the main and biggest one in. Its located in south-west Iceland, about 20 km. east from Reykjavik and

the two other is at Melgerdismelar (BIMM) which is in North Iceland pretty close to Akureyri(BIAR) and the third one is a private one located at Geitamelur or Geitasandur, close to Hella (BIHL) in South Iceland.

The gliding season is usually from May to Sep. or October. We do all thermal, mountain and wave flying here but mostly mountain and thermal flying.

The thermal season is not very long here tough, usually from May - August or beginning of Sept. but they can get really high, especially in May when the temp. can go pretty high during the daylights and cold during the nights..

• Upvote 1

Yes there are 3 glider clubs in Iceland, one at Sandskeid (BISS) which is the main and biggest one in. Its located in south-west Iceland, about 20 km. east from Reykjavik and

the two other is at Melgerdismelar (BIMM) which is in North Iceland pretty close to Akureyri(BIAR) and the third one is a private one located at Geitamelur or Geitasandur, close to Hella (BIHL) in South Iceland.

The gliding season is usually from May to Sep. or October. We do all thermal, mountain and wave flying here but mostly mountain and thermal flying.

The thermal season is not very long here tough, usually from May - August or beginning of Sept. but they can get really high, especially in May when the temp. can go pretty high during the daylights and cold during the nights..

Thanks you, so i mustn't be afraid to get my Discus out there in summer... good to know and thanks for your answer

I've been waiting a long time for this. One suggestion. NO TREES! There are no trees in Iceland except for the National Forest which is about 40 squares acres located south of Egilstadir. All the screen shots look great so far. I'll be first in line to buy it.

P I C

Did you see any trees in the preview screenshots? If so they are actually there in reality. Reykjavik and Akureyri have quite a number of trees so they have it in the addon too - apart from that you're right, there are almost no trees in Iceland.

I've been waiting a long time for this. One suggestion. NO TREES! There are no trees in Iceland except for the National Forest which is about 40 squares acres located south of Egilstadir. All the screen shots look great so far. I'll be first in line to buy it.

P I C

Actually there are lot of trees in the cities and in areas where there are lot of summer houses, in national parks and other places but not only at national forest close to Egilsstadir but it is the biggest forest tough :)

Most of the land is covered with lava, rocks, grass, ice, moss and shrubs.

It is woth it indeed But.

I contacted the publisher and wants me to share this promo with you guys.

So if you pay him directly with PayPal

Youll get the Fokker 50 with Iceland skin +1 extra skin. for US40$

If interested:

His PayPal account is support@precisionaerobus.com

And in the paypal message add the code:

"Iceland-Discount-FSX" or "Iceland-Discount-FS9"

To be on the safer side i would also send him an email to and let him know.