Support overload. We are currently seeing 65% more demand for support then we normally see. We can only assume this is because more people are at home due to the corona crises. Our complete support staff is online and they are working flat out, but it will take some days before we can scale up resources. Please be patient.

horst18519

Preview: Iceland X (FSX)

Looking good, can't wait.

Now all we need is the EKCH scenery, and the BAe aircraft.

That will make my day :)

LOD10 mesh is included, that's - erm - something around 10m if I'm not mistaken. :D

Unless the LOD structure for FSX has changed in comparism to FS9 it should be 38m.

Unless the LOD structure for FSX has changed in comparism to FS9 it should be 38m.

It has. Antarctica X is going down to 2m mesh in some areas.

Bests,

Sascha

I think he's right, I've got a LOD11 mesh for Iceland, so it's not 2m but in any case better than 38m.

Ole, you will definitely be able to use Iceland X for your tour, maybe not Keflavik though.

Ole, you will definitely be able to use Iceland X for your tour, maybe not Keflavik though.

YES! Thank you very much. that is going to be great!:grouprespect_s:

Did you think about doing this scenery the "ORBX"-way? Replacing default textures with high resolution and more authentic ones? Because to me, any ORBX preview looked way better than Iceland.

• Upvote 3

Did you think about doing this scenery the "ORBX"-way? Replacing default textures with high resolution and more authentic ones? Because to me, any ORBX preview looked way better than Iceland.

At least for a few of your images i have to say the same. The 5th image for example looks a little like default fs9 textures i think. Please correct me when not!

Anyway i'm going to buy it, because many other pics don't^^

Regards

Emi

• Upvote 2

Cannot wait

A few years ago I spent an amazing 2 weeks travelling around the island.

Are you going to do the iceberg lake?

If you want to know what we changed compared to the FSX default scenery, I've collected some sights, each displaying FSX-default above and Iclenad X scenery below:

• Upvote 3

If you want to know what we changed compared to the FSX default scenery, I've collected some sights, each displaying FSX-default above and Iclenad X scenery below:

Is the Gullfoss falss in image 6 ?

Is the Gullfoss falss in image 6 ?

No its Skogarfoss (Very close to Eyjafjalajokull glacier)

Beautiful, Thorsten! Not sure if I missed this info, but will it be available in one package for download?

• Upvote 1

Great! I'm glad it's landclass product. I don't like satellite/aerial images.

Will buy this the day it gets out. I'm one of those guys who love simple aircraft and flies low to enjoy the scenery.

This looks fantastic, Thorsten!

• Upvote 1

Ahh, that's looking good. It's always good so see the addon compared to the default scenery! But i'm still thinking that you might make the snow and the ice looking a bit more realistic.

Ich schreib das hier jetzt mal kurz auf Deutsch weil ich das auf Englisch wohl nicht könnte :blush::

Nach meiner Ansicht sieht der Schnee und das Eis ein wenig zu sehr nach einfachen weißen Texturen aus (Was es im Grunde genommen ja auch ist :lol:), aber das könnte man besser gestalten.

ORBX hat in der NA BLUE PNW einige Gletscher eingebaut die einfach nur verdammt gut aussehen, wie dieser Screenshot zeigt: http://www.flightsim...&pic=5&type=jpg

Oder das hier... das sieht auch richtig super aus: http://flightsimstor...&pic=2&type=jpg :wub:

Meiner Meinung nach sieht das noch ein wenig besser aus, als Island X bis jetzt.

Das kann Aerosoft doch bestimmt auch... Würde jedenfalls sehr gut aussehen sowas auch in Island X zu sehen...

I'd be thankfull if you could do something like this :excl:

Regards

Emi

• Upvote 1

Emi, don't forget that ORBX use a mix of aerial images and landclass. We do the same for Iceland but the resolution of aerial images for America is 5 times as good as for Iceland and the glaciers in Iceland are 5 times as big. You will understand that we reach some limits there. ;)

Plus this addon is 500x350km, that is pretty big.

Don't worry, we'll show you enough screenshots before you purchase so you can tell if it's worth your money. ;)

• Upvote 1

Emi, don't forget that ORBX use a mix of aerial images and landclass. We do the same for Iceland but the resolution of aerial images for America is 5 times as good as for Iceland and the glaciers in Iceland are 5 times as big. You will understand that we reach some limits there. ;)

Plus this addon is 500x350km, that is pretty big.

Don't worry, we'll show you enough screenshots before you purchase so you can tell if it's worth your money. ;)

It´ll be worth the money..... I have no fear. :P

• Upvote 1

Been flying Bluebird cargo flights out of Reykjavik for years

thank you guys soooooo much for this awesome scenery i can wait

John

• Upvote 1