Preview: Iceland X (FSX)

horst18519

It's time to officially present you some screenshots of our upcoming Iceland X product.

You will get the whole island with thousands of rivers and lakes, the small islands and huge glaciers, waterfalls, geysers,...

...and of course lots of airports, from the buzzing Reykjavik Airport to those challenging airstrips in the northern mountains.

With its unique nature, breathtaking beauty and fascinating roughness Iceland is one of the most incredible places on our planet.

Iceland X will take you there, have a look:

• Upvote 8

Thorsten - looks great. A sre buy for bush pilots and ironers as well :-)

Talking about bush flying - what can you tell us about the mesh? Any improvement as compared to standard FSX?

LOD10 mesh is included, that's - erm - something around 10m if I'm not mistaken. :D

We considered the ash cloud but with FSX this is impossible to render. But it's not decided yet.

Keflavik is decided though: it will come as a seperate addon for those who only fly the big aircraft. This way you can decide what is more important to you. And I'm sure you'll get a good deal if you purchase both addons. ;)

This does look pretty good indeed, but I have a question:

Is this going to be another one of those addons that will only work well for people who are rich enough to afford the latest i5's and i7's, or is it going to work on a computer that was designed to run FSX when it first came out? That means basically, can us mere mortals run this software?

I have good news for you. You will find the answer in this post I wrote in the other discussion about Keflavik/Iceland: http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?showtopic=29305&view=findpost&p=266976

In short: Despite the complexity you will have very, very good performance due to the fact that Iceland has almost no vegetation and we put performance on top of our priority list for that kind of addon.

This does look pretty good indeed, but I have a question:

Is this going to be another one of those addons that will only work well for people who are rich enough to afford the latest i5's and i7's, or is it going to work on a computer that was designed to run FSX when it first came out? That means basically, can us mere mortals run this software?

I can't find the post anymore, but I recall Thorsten mentioning the high framerate he gets due to the fact that the scenery doesn't have that much autogen. Even on a less powerfull pc this means better frames with sliders adjusted to towards max.

*edit* lol, I am a slow writer, Thorsten beat me to it

• Upvote 1

This will become a great add-on, I'm sure.

As I can see in the pictures, only the airports get photoground, is that right? So the island(s) is/are covered with a new landclass?

Can you proof compatibility with Ultimate Terrain X?

Chris

There are no decent aerial images available for Iceland, so yes, this is a landclass scenery. But we changed everything: coastlines, lakes, rivers, roads, landclass textures, seasons, seasonal textures, region settings, blending textures and a lot more, so there will be no compatibility issues with other addons as we use our own textures and landclass/vector definitions.

• Deputy Sheriffs

There are no decent aerial images available for Iceland, so yes, this is a landclass scenery.....

I must say this is absolutely OK! For an area like Iceland it is IMHO very important to work with seasons, what is not possible using phototextures.

Having spent a few days there in the 1970's looks really well put together. Should be a

bestseller for those flying across the pond and wanting to make a stop. Its good to see

the thinking outside for the box for unique products. GREAT job!

Having spent a few days there in the 1970's looks really well put together. Should be a

bestseller for those flying across the pond and wanting to make a stop. Its good to see

the thinking outside for the box for unique products. GREAT job!

I've spent my whole life in Iceland and this is the first time ever anyone makes a scenery for it and f.x. the approach lights to RW19 look exactly the same as he real ones do and the bridge there is over a motorway and it looks just like the real one its sooo nice can't wait for the release :D

Amazing. I love it.

When is it due for release?

I am starting a round-the-world tour on Monday November 1. and the next eight months. Included in this tour is a complete Iceland tour, and I will get there early December, so will I be able to fly in the new Iceland scenery?

Ole Andreasen