Holiday Airports FS9 release issues

Goulash

Just purchased this for FS9, installed with no proplems, thought i'd try out LTAI Antalya first, or so i thought. Trial flight with a default cessna skylane, on takeoff it was immediatley obvious something is wrong, the framerates are appaling, see images and this is without AI traffic

This shot is looking away from the airport, 60.1fps

LTAI2.jpg

This shot is looking at the airport, just by panning around to it from the same loacation as the other shot, 14.6fps which is dreadful

LTAI1.jpg

No idea what it will drop to if i add in AI traffic as well. I'm afraid the benchmark here is Munich airport where i don't get under 30fps with full AI interaction so something needs to be sorted here. Haven't tried the others yet but will comment on those as well once i have experimented

LGKO- KOS

No landclass being loaded in, just the deafult textures are showing, framerates are fine and so is airport, if a bit basic

LPFR - FARO

What the hell is this? Scenery for FS2002? Dreadful beyond all belief. Better freeware scenery around and that's a fact. Based on the images i've seen for Faro X, expecting the same, not this lame attempt at a scenery, truly appalling.

DTMB - MONASTIR

Don't even start me on this one, what a pile. Scenery from FS98 looked better. Enough said

Note to Aerosoft, this is false advertising at its finest. Suggest a set of screenshots actually showing what you get instead of pulling the wool over our eyes by showing us FSX screenies instead of FS9 shots. Waste of money in it's current state. Feel utterly cheated, enough to never buy any more sceneries again from here. Truly p****d off. :angry:

Sent a message to customer support asking for my money back based on the above as this collection is simply horrid.

• Upvote 1

Just purchased this for FS9, installed with no proplems, thought i'd try out LTAI Antalya first, or so i thought. Trial flight with a default cessna skylane, on takeoff it was immediatley obvious something is wrong, the framerates are appaling, see images and this is without AI traffic

This shot is looking away from the airport, 60.1fps

LTAI2.jpg

This shot is looking at the airport, just by panning around to it from the same loacation as the other shot, 14.6fps which is dreadful

LTAI1.jpg

No idea what it will drop to if i add in AI traffic as well. I'm afraid the benchmark here is Munich airport where i don't get under 30fps with full AI interaction so something needs to be sorted here. Haven't tried the others yet but will comment on those as well once i have experimented

LGKO- KOS

No landclass being loaded in, just the deafult textures are showing, framerates are fine and so is airport, if a bit basic

LPFR - FARO

What the hell is this? Scenery for FS2002? Dreadful beyond all belief. Better freeware scenery around and that's a fact. Based on the images i've seen for Faro X, expecting the same, not this lame attempt at a scenery, truly appalling.

DTMB - MONASTIR

Don't even start me on this one, what a pile. Scenery from FS98 looked better. Enough said

Note to Aerosoft, this is false advertising at its finest. Suggest a set of screenshots actually showing what you get instead of pulling the wool over our eyes by showing us FSX screenies instead of FS9 shots. Waste of money in it's current state. Feel utterly cheated, enough to never buy any more sceneries again from here. Truly p****d off. :angry:

Sent a message to customer support asking for my money back based on the above as this collection is simply horrid.

Thanks for the warnings, I was tempted, particularly for Antalya, but having been badly bitten with Amsterdam and Orly, both of which are unusable on my system, I will not be buying any further Aerosoft scenery products unless they have been developed by Simwings or GAP team. Trouble is, once they've got your money they've got it and in the absence of any try before you buy option, the only thing to do is wait for feedback from other users. It is a shame that anyone has to spend the money before they find out the product is bad, but I've done it twice to the tune of almost €50, and I won't be doing it again.

Regards

James

• Upvote 1

This is kind of my point as well. The GAP sceneries are wonderful, worthy of any scenery collection. I could reel off all of them individually but some notable excellent sceneries are Budapest, Paris CDG, Innsbruck, Munich and so on. Other developers namely UK2000 can create excellent sceneries with their eyes shut, not to mention many freeware sceneries that are also outstanding.

Why we have to put up with this is beyond me, and what really annoys the hell out of me is why weren't there any screenshots of the FS9 version so we could go, yes or no thank you? Happy to take our cash i see, well no longer.

Still waiting to hear from customer support regarding getting my money back on this based on the appalling advertising employed. People involved should be holding their collective heads in shame. Seriously guys & gals, DO NOT BUY this scenery collection, simply the worst ever.

• Upvote 1