Andras Multiplayer Not Advertised!!

mtmikepsl

Well now I was just curious as to why we only see a handful of pilots out at Andras Field and I think I may have found one reason.

Advertisement:

http://www.aerosoft....47615200,D11213

After reading the advertisement on the Aerosoft Store page it mentions nothing of multiplayer community. It only tells you about the "option" of purchasing an air park plot.

IMO it should be advertised as a multiplayer community and that Aerosoft is supporting the VAE server and information on how to obtain membership to the server. Like I said there is nothing of this unless you refer to this forum.

EDIT: Maybe we could make a video showing someone playing online as well as a step by step process of installing and setting up everything. I would do this but I do not have access to any video cameras at this time

EDIT: I have now obtained a video camera and should have it in a week and will start working on a how to video on setting up everything.

Maybe something like this:

<Multiplayer Support Via VAE server>

Step 1

Visit http://www.virtual-aviation.org/main/ and register to obtain your username and password

Step 2

You will receive all the pertinent information to log onto the servers via email

Step 3

Once registration is complete you will need to download Teamspeak 2 for Voice Communications at the following link and set it up per the VAE website instructions

http://www.virtual-a...ation/teamspeak

Step 4

Download and install the SquawkWin software at the following link and install it per the VAE website instructions

http://www.virtual-a...n/pilot-clients

Step 5

Start up Teamspeak and log onto the VAE server then start up your Flightsim software and initiate Squawkwin, log on and your done

I think Aerosoft could even sell more product if it is advertised as so because of the appeal of flying together with other people. Just a thought

Thanks for reading!!

Hi Mike,

I agree with you there it is not advertised and if it was we probably would be seeing alot of members, and also its about keeping the current online members active (off course we do this with events etc)

As for the video on setting everything up. there is already a video that shows you exactly how to get setup with the client. it would be found under the Pilot Clients page

Regards

Well all the events are there for everyone to see, pinned to the top of the events forum clearly marked at times people asked for. I asked people what events they'd like to see and no-one bothered to reply. Theres been events every evening of the week because people moan they cant make x day or y day, yet z day when they supposedly can make it they dont bother

• 2 weeks later...

No the only way you can log in is though the client

Robert, Disregard that post. I'm all set up with winsquawk and TS2 and have been enjoying flying on the VAE network.

I have tried to find the post but I haven't been successful so I am relying on my memory:wacko: I am sure that one of the blocked ports doesn't matter- I have a blocked port and it isn't a problem- I am sure the guys at VAE will be more helpful than me-heres to flying with you soon.

I have tried to find the post but I haven't been successful so I am relying on my memory:wacko: I am sure that one of the blocked ports doesn't matter- I have a blocked port and it isn't a problem- I am sure the guys at VAE will be more helpful than me-heres to flying with you soon.

I too have that port msg but it's not really affecting anything

Your 55008-55009 ports don't have to be open to use the server, we have not found anything different with them closed or open, but if we do we will let you know.

Regards

I've read somewhere on the VAE forum (I think) that those ports are used for the weatherdata to be transmitted from VAE to the user.

I can't find the post anymore, but if this is true, it wouldn't matter much if you are flying with real weather on by default, using either FSX internal weather generator or using a 3rd party add-on.

If NOT flying with real weather enabled, I would suspect VAE wanting to overrule this. If the port is indeed used for this but is closed on the user's end, the user would be flying without real weather.

Tobus