MS Flight. In-Game footage?

Hiflyer

yea quite frankly I am a little disappointed. other than the shadowing, and the aircraft modelling, it looks pretty much the same. but then again, theres still time. in case any one ever noticed, much of the early screens for fsx, and the ones shown when installing, looked alot like fs9 to me at least. so i would give them some time to change things. but i WILL be disappointed if it stays like that.

• Upvote 8

Given that we allegedly a year from release, and given MS previous track record, it would not surprise if this WAS FSX, but with some early mods to lighting and shading planned for `Flight`.

X-Plane 9 is being utilised in much the same way to promote X-Plane 10.

• Upvote 1

By the way, while scrolling up and down through this post on my IPad, one of my finger-swipes managed to give liam727 a minus score! Would be nice if that was negated by a counter-score.

Thanx!

• Upvote 3

By the way, while scrolling up and down through this post on my IPad, one of my finger-swipes managed to give liam727 a minus score! Would be nice if that was negated by a counter-score.

Thanx!

haha thanks for being considerate. i marked your post up smile.gif

as for the whole fsx-flight thing, I think Snave is probably correct in saying that that fsx is being used as a platform for the new development. I just thought they would take a new approach seeing its being developed by different people. Classic case scenario: http://blogs.justflight.info/2007-10-05/fsx-accelerates-sp2-dx10-wall/

It would be a disaster if `Flight` was just `FSX+1`.

The whole concept of FSX stretched the credibility of the `localised development of the platform between versions` well beyond breaking point.

If they don't start from scratch, it's hard to believe they can develop a credible simulator that is a significant step forward from what we have now.

And c'mon why would there be ANY concessions to backward-compatiblity!? They've chosen a new name and new concept for good reason: OUT with the old, IN with the NEW... <_<

It's just that the new isn't ready for primetime yet, so they've fudged a marketing ploy that is little better than those totally bogus Lake/Mountain renders we got that purported to represent FSX with DX10.

Best thing to do is view them, then forget them, as they don't become relevant until the time before release can be counted in weeks, not months.

• Upvote 1

Mathijs, will aerosoft still work on the AS12 after MS will release the new FS?

And will the graphic in AS12 look like Rise of flight? or something like that. I hope that you will be kind to answer this :rolleyes:

• Upvote 2

• Aerosoft

Mathijs, will aerosoft still work on the AS12 after MS will release the new FS?

And will the graphic in AS12 look like Rise of flight? or something like that. I hope that you will be kind to answer this :rolleyes:

As long as you don't expect I put all my cards on the table I'm, glad to say something.

First of all we all know very little about MS Flight and what we know is not very exiting. What we seen is even less exiting. The first video was a render that has nothing to do with the sim and the second badly done low res video showed nothing at all. I got no idea why MS is doing things as they are. They never show low res vids or renders for a game without saying its not from the actual game. So right now we not impressed and I doubt anybody is. It's weird marketing.

So right now we see no reason to change our plans and we are working on Aerosoft Flight Simulator 2013. And for sure the graphic will have to be on par with what we think is the best now. And the best is without a doubt Rise of Flight!

• Upvote 2

That's doesn't look nothing special, you want improvments...?

Go back to fs9! That's what I did and I'm enjoying every minute of it!

My concern with Microsoft is that they release another sim, then close own the team that developped it and leave us with bugs just like they did with the simmconnect issues a million of people are having...

Not folling me this time!

David

Well put David. MS screwed the pooch when they divested themselves of the ACES team BEFORE they delivered on what was contractually promised with FSX - a DX10 game.

For all the Preview feature, MS have not, and never will, deliver FSX in the format promised. Nor can they now deal with the numerous issues that remain even after the SP1/SP2 farce, even down to dealing with issues that were identified early in beta but swept under the carpet (Mathijs will probably have a knowing nod on that one...)

For that reason - and others - `Flight` will not feature in my computing future for at least two years after it appears.

As the old expression goes: "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me..." :angry:

Looking forward to AFS2013 though. Fresh, new and not carrying any of the old `baggage`, perhaps the best thing to say about it is that it ISN'T Microsoft, which automatically jumps it to the top of my list... :D

• Upvote 3

Well put David. MS screwed the pooch when they divested themselves of the ACES team BEFORE they delivered on what was contractually promised with FSX - a DX10 game.

For all the Preview feature, MS have not, and never will, deliver FSX in the format promised. Nor can they now deal with the numerous issues that remain even after the SP1/SP2 farce, even down to dealing with issues that were identified early in beta but swept under the carpet (Mathijs will probably have a knowing nod on that one...)

For that reason - and others - `Flight` will not feature in my computing future for at least two years after it appears.

As the old expression goes: "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me..." :angry:

Looking forward to AFS2013 though. Fresh, new and not carrying any of the old `baggage`, perhaps the best thing to say about it is that it ISN'T Microsoft, which automatically jumps it to the top of my list... :D

+1

About the only thing that struck me as different to FSX on my only watch of this surprisingly short and low resolution vid, was when the Aircraft was taxiing too fast on to the runway and lurched to the right (good physics) But these might be part of FSX too? I don't taxi that fast and don't use outside view to check ... but the more I think about it, the more I remember this feature is in FSX too.

If they have video to show, wouldn't we have screenshots too? from a marketing perspective screenshots are better, you can throw AA, Aliasing and what not at them, they always used to show screenshots before on the run up to a new FS Sim.

Chalk me up as unimpressed too ... I honestly think they don't have anything new in sim to show at this point, its only recently they announced they would pick up the ball and play again. I don't for one minute think they have been working hard at MS Flight for months or even a year beforehand, the recent announcement they will do MS Flight is probably just a panic reaction to Aerosofts proposed sim and the new X-plane too ... they were crazy to let this franchise drop in the first place IMHO.

MS Lied to us before with that famous FSX DX10 magic screeny, would not put it past them to be fobbing us off again with low res FSX footage with an aircraft model that was not part of FSX, but could be knocked up pretty quickly for this video until they really have something (hopefully) better to show.

I do hope they don't panic too much and rush it out of the door unfinished like FSX was on release though, as much as I look forward to Aerosofts new sim and maybe even trying X-Plane again, it would be nice to see MS back with the FS series if they do it properly.

Sadly though ... and I go back to FS2 (missed FS3, caught up again with FS4 and not missed a releases since) FSX for me with SP2/accel and mods is the pinnacle, FS9 got me excited again, but FSX unpolished as it was has now matured thanks to the likes of Aerosoft and others, cant see me installing FS9 ever again now, hardware has caught up with FSX for pretty much all of us now.

• Upvote 1

Thanx!

OT I know ... but it was only recently I noticed I and others have a score? if I visit my profile it says I have a good reputation (phew) but how does that work?

I think I'll just keep being myself though!

EDIT: It will be those green + and red - buttons on the bottom right I think.

The video above has been "translated" onto YouTube from its original higher resolution Microsoft original at the FLIGHT website.

That video was only available to Microsoft Silverlight users.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't understand why Microsoft doesn't work with other developers such as Aerosoft to actually come up with a quality simulator. If they did, I'm pretty sure the results would be much better, especially since Aerosoft and other similar companies have a better understanding of Flight simmers from years of working with them.

• Upvote 1