German Airports 3 X

pennkiwi

Hi

I just purchased the download version of GAP3X intending to run it on FS9. (I don't use FSX). Although it clearly states that it includes both FSX and FS2004 versions, it only gives me an option to install the FSX version. It recognizes my registration etc but will not go past the FSX installation routine. It just says "Flight Simulator not found." I have tried to manually get it to recognize FS9 but it won't.

Any suggestions?

Hi.

As it's the download; is there an FS9 version to download?

Secondly (sounds like you may have done this) have you pointed the installer to the location of your FS9 main folder?

Chris

Hi.

As it's the download; is there an FS9 version to download?

Secondly (sounds like you may have done this) have you pointed the installer to the location of your FS9 main folder?

Chris

Hi Chris

Yes, have pointed the installer to FS9 several times - just refuses to recognize it and defaults back to the message saying it cannot find the sim. I have searched for an FS9 only installer but no luck so far. The only product seems to be referred to as GA3 X which I would normally take be an FSX product but it says in several places that it's FS2004 as well as FSX. I'm sure I'll get a reply from support on Monday - was just hoping maybe there's something I'm missing as I'd love to get it up and running over the current weekend.

Thanks

Ian

Shaun will confirm, but German Airfields 3 is different than German Airports 3.

Are you sure you purchased the correct tittle?

Chris

Hi Chris

I checked and that's the name of the installer file. But now you've got me wondering if it might be a different installer as I did not buy it directly from Aerosoft but from Simware.com. It is the Aerosoft product and I just assumed it was an identical installer but maybe Aerosoft licenced them to release it in a different form? Now I'm confused....

Hopefully I will hear from their support people on Monday. Thanks

Ian

Hi Chris

I checked and that's the name of the installer file. But now you've got me wondering if it might be a different installer as I did not buy it directly from Aerosoft but from Simware.com. It is the Aerosoft product and I just assumed it was an identical installer but maybe Aerosoft licenced them to release it in a different form? Now I'm confused....

Hopefully I will hear from their support people on Monday. Thanks

Ian

I just found another thread on the forum here. Apparently a bunch of people are having similar problems with incorrect downloads of Aerosoft products from Simware. Hopefully they will sort it out on Monday. In the meantime, I would not advise anyone to purchase from there until they fix the problem

Simware have resolved the issue which occured with some other products as well. It was a mix-up of files for the installer. Thank you Chris and Shaun for your attempt to help me out. :)

Hello Ian,

Yes seems they did have a little mix up but glad everything is resolved.

Thanks Shaun. Problem fixed and the product is awesome as usual! Everyone makes mistakes but I really appreciate the quick and friendly assistance. Great job Simware AND Aerosoft.

:D