Suggestions for growth of the owners association

OleAndreasen

Hi all plotholders in Andras Field.

You all bought a plot, and I guess that you spent your money for a reason. Was it the little nametag outside of your houses - to have your name in an Aerosoft Addon? or was it because you feel something for Andras Field, and want to be part of it?

If it was for the nametag - then fine by that. No problem, but if not - then read on.

I need you guys to be active some....

I would very much like you to post ideas for the owners association.

What can we do together?

what can we do for our airpark?

How do we like it to be?

I would like an Andras Field recreational park to be built here, but I need someone to draw ideas on how it should look. Please show your creativity and post ideas.

And how about an Airpark flag? Our banner! When the Americans comes around, we would like to wave at them with our Town banner. So I call out to you to suggest a design for an Airpark Flag.

And speaking of the Americans, when Andras Field USA comes up, we want to make a Airpark friends association to stay in tune with the Americans.... How do we do that?

I have, as I said, asked Aerosoft for the mail system for us, and I am awaiting answer on the issue.

Point about plots for parking space has been removed by myself...... The discussion belongs in another forum. I Apologize....

What is your opinions on this issue?

We also need to get rid of the strange ID´s for our plots, I mean.... Ole Andreasen AF74, Andras Field. That does not sound very cool.

My plot is on Artwick Avenue, and well Ole Andreasen, 49 Artwick Avenue, Andras Field, does sound a lot better. So I will post a list of plots and their street addresses any day now.

And last but not least. I had a motion from Altens (AF49) and counter ideas from others See this thread and I really like the idea that we could make some sort of library for stuff uploaded by users, and that people could download - if they wants and have the power to process it. Now I have no idea of how this idea could be worked out, but I have just asked Andras about it. I will post soon as I get an answer from Andras.

So you see guys, I am on the job, and active in doing what I can for the Owners. Please work with me.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Just a little brainstorming:

- bringing more life to AF reminds a little bit about "Second Life". Never been there and no clue how it could work with Andras

- kind of a "AF-Wiki" where you can up-/download everything related to AF, tips, stories, flightplans....

- and a very strange idea: meat you all in real life at (or near) the place where the fictious AF is located. :rolleyes:

"One Way" regulation: have absolutely no problem with it and it is a good chance to drive through AF and virtually say "hello"

About Frames: Yes I'm a little bit concerned too, but may be Andras can tell us more about the impact on fps when all plots are sold and build up and other stuff might be added or AF grows ( I guess there is still room for additional roads and plots)

From the top of my hat:

Online meetings,

own teamspeak / ventrillo channel,

community activities like an air rally,

screen shot corner,

I like the idea of the wiki,

library stufrf could than be linked in the wiki.

I'll see if I can come up with more..:lightbulb_s:

How about:

- an Andras Field Christmas Calendar in the screenshot section: People send 1 or 2 wintery or christmas related screenshots around Andras field to someone, who puts them together to a christmas calendar, posting a new shot every day in the screenshot section before christmas (something like this was done on simv last year and it was great fun).

- house sharing: I would be happy to share my house (who needs 8 bedrooms?) with someone else if there is interest. Free of charge of course - as long as the other person helps with the lawn mowing and clearing the snow during winter :)

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just an idea for xmas:

- a big christmas tree in front of Aerosoft Building at Andras :blush:

- parking Santa slight with reindeers over xmas days in a hangar :rolleyes:

Gets my vote, a HUGE xmas tree on the airfield, im talking the proportions of the one they have in Trafalgar Square every year :lol:

/signed....

but be careful,....maybe some alien think it is an landing signal ^_^

All life form is welcome at Andras, human and extra terrestrial, but only if the let us fly their space ships :lol:

- And AF will have their very own C-Tree in no time.... :D

I can't wait to see the Christmas tree! And with regard to the ongoing evolution of our wonderful community, here're some thoughts:

For those who may have families with children, and who may wish to purchase property here due to the community's charm, how about a playground?!:

plg3.jpg8c0ced3e-0042-42b9-bd5a-6a1d48b1e690Large.jpg

Now, for those hackers among us :lol: and for those [others- B)] who've mastered the art of the long ball (!), how about a golf course?! What better, perhaps after a long & tiring trip to your wonderful home at Andras Airpark, than a weekend of golf, merriment and barbeques in the park with your fellow aviator friends & neighbors!

Golf Course (sans the palm trees ;) ):

cam02.jpgb3dabcdc-229f-4448-89f1-9b2084514883Large.jpg

Park for barbeques, parties, concerts & social events, etc:

Park2.jpga95d9af5-ba31-44c3-8bd6-93b03b0377d6Large.jpgPark5.jpga715f4bf-a385-470f-a9c2-51d88e8bfe5eLarge.jpg

Park6.jpg2bd1be5e-0a51-4a91-b27f-dae9110a7891Large.jpg

Count me in at any all :lol: of the above!

Best regards,

Rusty

I can't wait to see the Christmas tree! And with regard to the ongoing evolution of our wonderful community, here're some thoughts:

For those who may have families with children, and who may wish to purchase property here due to the community's charm, how about a playground?!:

plg3.jpg8c0ced3e-0042-42b9-bd5a-6a1d48b1e690Large.jpg

Now, for those hackers among us :lol: and for those [others- B)] who've mastered the art of the long ball (!), how about a golf course?! What better, perhaps after a long & tiring trip to your wonderful home at Andras Airpark, than a weekend of golf, merriment and barbeques in the park with your fellow aviator friends & neighbors!

Golf Course (sans the palm trees ;) ):

cam02.jpgb3dabcdc-229f-4448-89f1-9b2084514883Large.jpg

Park for barbeques, parties, concerts & social events, etc:

Park2.jpga95d9af5-ba31-44c3-8bd6-93b03b0377d6Large.jpgPark5.jpga715f4bf-a385-470f-a9c2-51d88e8bfe5eLarge.jpg

Park6.jpg2bd1be5e-0a51-4a91-b27f-dae9110a7891Large.jpg

Count me in at any all :lol: of the above!

Best regards,

Rusty

Rusty

Great ideas.

Where did you get the 3D pics? Something you´ve been fiddling with, yourself? or findings? If its something you have created, could you please send me the park, for viewing, and I will try to get it going - for starters.

Thanks for the ideas.

Hi Ole,

The pics of those models came from here:

Nature Park:

http://www.turbosqui...k-gardan/301591 , or

http://www.3d02.com/Park_3M47479.aspx

Playground:

http://www.turbosqui...e-3d-3ds/407835 , or

http://www.3d02.com/...on_3M05774.aspx

and the Golf Course:

http://www.turbosqui...f-course/394350

Perhaps yet an additional way to enlarge the pool of active [Andras Field/Airpark] participants might be to host, say, weekly expedition contests. Perhaps the first winner of 10 such trips might receive a prize of some sort- either material, symbolic (eg: dedication of a tree at the nature park with a plaque, etc.) or other...who knows! :) . Now, how such a contest might be executed is food, a large meal in fact, for thought for greater minds than mine :lol: . One type of event might involve stationing one of the planes in the VIP aircraft package lineup (so that all participants would perceive it similarly) at a very specific & particular location at a selected airport. The name of this airport would then be divuluged to the participants at the beginning of the trip. The first pilot to correctly identify the precise location of the target aircraft (in front of the control tower, on the grass to the left side of the apron for Runway 26, immeditatly adjacent to the fueling station, etc.) would be the winner of that particular expedition, and so on and so forth.

I don't know- just a nutty idea that popped into my head :huh: .

Blue Skies,

Rusty

"For those who may have families with children, and who may wish to purchase property here due to the community's charm, how about a playground?!:

Park for barbeques, parties, concerts & social events, etc:"

Hi posting this in case you are not getting these on your system

post-27132-063894300 1291319017_thumb.jp

post-27132-079369300 1291319015_thumb.jp

post-27132-090505500 1291319019_thumb.jp

Cool Ive never seen them, have they always been there? :blush: or are they new with 1.14?

Edit: I can see the middle picture but they kiddies play area I dont get on my Andras Field. Chompski, what are your your autogen settings in fsx??

They have always been there- still waiting for it to download connection not good tonight

Scenery complexity extremely dense for the playgrounds- The swings actually swing. - you also get an animated boy- although shorts in this weather?

post-27132-085957900 1291321598_thumb.jp

AH, that would be why I dont see it then, as I have very dence autogen. I might have to try see what frame rate hit i get for extremely dence autogen

I have just asked Andras again for the tree. We kind of need it NOW...