Andras Field Air Force

sebastiaan10

Hi All,

I just want to see how many people are interested in having an andras field air force where you can fly air force like missions to help the NAT missions? Maybe having a fleet of about 3 transport aircraft, one AWACS and 5 fighters, to help in time of war. Repaints and all included. Who is in?

PS: these are the aircraft I had in mind:

• for transport the C-130
  • for AWACS the AEW-1 Sentry
  • for fighter the F-16

Of course there is room for expansion and eventually we could build up wings and squadrons over Germany, which would be pretty cool or? :lol:

Yeah I tried it today and it works, I was amazed actually :P

In addition, I have a few addons which we could use for the tanker practices, which I want to do next saturday :)

http://www.flightsim.com/file.php?cm=SEARCH1&fsec=94&fname=ifr_gauge.zip

http://www.flightsim.com/file.php?cm=SEARCH1&fsec=89&fname=kc135t_navy_drogue.zip

In all honesty I dont think Andras Field is suitable for an Airforce. But that doesnt need to stop us doing such fun things online. Theres plenty of other airfields near by that we can erm borrow for such activities

I think it would be really fun to have an Airforce at Andras Field.

We should just make some rules about the airforce's activity, so not F16 departures between xx and xx and so on! :)

Also, for an in-flight refueling event, I'm on! :)

• Deputy Sheriffs

Would not accept mil activities? There's military hangers and even an AH-64 modelled on the ground at AF...

Military activities are history and the old hangars and the AH-64 are the remains from ancient times.

• Upvote 1

I agree, what about Oberpfaffenhofen? Isn't too far away from Andras, so yeah im sure they will let us use the runway, for this kinda stuff (as long as we pay the runway repair bills :/

Just a thought on borrowing airfields. cant we borrow one thats a little easier to prenounce? :lol:

Im guessing its a silent p? So would be prenounced Oberfaffenhofen :huh:

• Deputy Sheriffs

Im guessing its a silent p? So would be prenounced Oberfaffenhofen :huh:

No, it is not a silent p ;)

But if it is too difficult to pronounce, an alternative could be Fürstenfeldbruck (ETSF), much more difficult to pronounce, and this is the reason why it was called "Fursty" in its ancient days. It was used by the German Airforce till 1997, but now the airport is closed, even for civil operation. Soon we will see there a horse racing track and test track for BMW. The runway is 9000 ft, so you can bring up and down everything! ;)

It is about 8 miles north of EDMO