SimWare Sale; Be careful

Oisin McAsey

Anyone taking advantage of the Simware sale should be careful. I just bought German Airports 3 (€29.99) but the link gave me German Airfields 3 instead. Now I'll have to wait until Monday before it's sorted out.

Anyone taking advantage of the Simware sale should be careful. I just bought German Airports 3 (€29.99) but the link gave me German Airfields 3 instead. Now I'll have to wait until Monday before it's sorted out.

I had the same experience. I did get a reply from their support person saying it would be sorted out on Monday

As snipersky commented, Orly and many other airports are FSX only. be careful! I got my hands burned by buying AntalyaX, forgetting that they might only sell a FSX version.

As snipersky commented, Orly and many other airports are FSX only. be careful! I got my hands burned by buying AntalyaX, forgetting that they might only sell a FSX version.

We can trust Aerosoft - they have never let me down in the past so even if Simware have screwed up, I think Aerosoft will make sure we get the product we purchased, which in the case of German Airports X clearly stated it is for FS2004 as well as FSX. I have their confirming email to prove it. Even if Simware was the vendor, it's still an Aerosoft product and was advertized as such.

dry.gif

They solved my problem too so I have absolutely no complaints. Everyone makes mistakes sometimes but they worked quickly and professionally to solve the problem. Well done Simware AND Aerosoft who also made the effort to fix things. THANK YOU

:D

http://en.shop.aerosoft.com/eshop.php?action=article_detail&s_supplier_aid=11748&s_design=DEFAULT&shopfilter_category=Flight%20Simulation

Burned temporarily perhaps. ;)

Simware came back to me yesterday with an e-mail requesting I download German Airports 3 from the Aerosoft website. Therefore, all is forgiven SimWare.

COULD SOMEONE IN THE AEROSOFT SHOP PLEASE SANCTION MY REVIEW/PRESS PURCHASE PLEASE FOR GERMAN AIRPORTS 3? I've been waiting all day.

Many thanks,

Oisin McAsey

I'm well aware of that Andy B. I've been waiting three working days, (irrespective of the time stamps on my above posts) to get this sorted. Thanks for the patrionising advice anyway.

Aerosoft finally sanctioned the replacement.

Simware came back to me yesterday with an e-mail requesting I download German Airports 3 from the Aerosoft website. Therefore, all is forgiven SimWare.

COULD SOMEONE IN THE AEROSOFT SHOP PLEASE SANCTION MY REVIEW/PRESS PURCHASE PLEASE FOR GERMAN AIRPORTS 3? I've been waiting all day.

Many thanks,

Oisin McAsey

Hello Oisin,

Lets get this into some sort of perspective.

At the Aerosoft shop it records the actual date and time to the second of the order.

You ordered the product at 10/26/2010 14:18:44 you wrote "I've been waiting all day" at 06:58 PM, either you have a very short day or you were grossly exaggerating.

As Andy B pointed out, you do need to be a little more patient.

Do you expect us to drop everything to deal with you before others or work 24/7 to do review orders the second they come in, you are as I say not our only customer as we have others to deal with too.

Aerosoft had the decency to resolve your issue which wasn't caused by us in the first place, you purchased elsewhere and had a problem and had to wait 3 days and then you take your frustration out on the people who helped you out.

I find it really strange that you also forgive Simware for causing your issue at yet take it out on Aerosoft when we try to resolve it for you.

• Upvote 2

• Aerosoft

@Oisin, one of my staff Shaun already explained a few things but I like to insert something as well. We had nothing to do with the mistake made, but we'll (of course) will sort it out. I would think being polite and civilized, thanking us in fact would be the what I expected. You now put us in a bad light on the forum and I do not appreciate that.

@Jon_Avsim. If they made that mistake and can not sort it out fast, we'll be glad to sort it out for you. Just send us the order email at support@aerosoft.com and we'll be glad to assist you in getting the correct product directly from us. Of course the same goes for anybody else who had the same problems.

• Upvote 1

Just to make this clear, Im not expecting Aerosoft to sort this out for me its my problem, nothing to do with them, just another " be carefull"

Ive just purchased Paderborn/Lippstadt X from Simware. On the product page it states that its for both FSX and FS2004.

Downloaded and ran the installer...................only for FSX? I want it for FS2004.

Ive checked everything and re read the product page, re run the installer....FSX only? It definately states its for both sims.

Ive sent an e mail to Simware.......awaiting the reply. Ill let you know how we get on.

Shouldnt have been so tight and purchased from Areosoft.

Steve

• Upvote 1

@Shaun: Yes, I accept that "waiting all day" is a slight exaggeration, however, in the context of your business, wherein you offer instantaneous downloads for your products, and where an e-mail can travel around the world in less than a 5th of a second, waiting hours, for a reply when I was assured that this issue was resolved by SimWare seems like "waiting all day". Obviously, I accept that you have other customers to deal with, but where you obviously have an exclusive distribution agreement with SimWare and other internet based vendors, then there is an onus upon you to act swiftly to resolve their issues so as not to damage their business. Notwithstanding the fact, that neither Aerosoft nor SimWare are behind the door when it comes to charging someone's credit card, which is done all in a matter of seconds and not three business days.

I remind you that you are acting in the course of a business and I am a consumer. My grievance was with Simware, for which they have apologised. However, SimWare made arrangements with you to redistribute this software to me and that remains a matter between yourselves, a matter I was not involved with nor had any control over. However, once you decided to assist your re-seller, you took on the responcibilty to resolve the matter speedily as you effectively stepped into their shoes. In that context, you transposed the crosshairs of consumer ire to yourselves. Consequently, as a business, from which you no doubt make money from, particularly where the product in question is your own, kindly don't act as if you are doing me a favour. If anyone should be thanking you it should be SimWare. Certainly, the Sale of Goods Acts 1893 - 1995 in the UK, The Sale of Goods and Supply of Services Act 1980 in Ireland along with the whole raft of similar domestic legislation in France, Germany and the rest of the EU support this. Furthermore, there are a number of distance selling Directives coming from Brussels in next few months which will no doubt strengthen this argument.

And as a lawyer, I can tell you, the "you should have more patience" argument wouldn't cut any ice in any Court, anywhere in the European Union, particularly when your legal nexus with SimWare is taken into account.

@Mathijs I have never before expressed my annoyance with a vendor on their forum. This is the first time. However, my reason for doing so was because of my sheer frustration at the seemingly endless delay of having this matter resolved. If you consider the ordering process on your website:-Once the credit card information is received and payment is processed, an e-mail with all the information a customer needs to download and enjoy the product is sent before you have time to move the mouse to open your Microsoft Outlook. It's simple, easy and incredibly fast. However, when you compare the seconds it takes to order something to the lenght of delay I experienced to have something resolved, there is a world of difference when the two are compared side by side.

I have had a very lenghty and enjoyable relationship with Aerosoft over the last number of years. I hold your software in the highest regard. It was not my intention to damage the reputation of this software publisher, but you have to understand my frustration. I don't accept that I was impolite nor do I accept that I should thank you for reasons already outlined above. You undertook to resolve the matter on SimWare's behalf and therefore you effectively became their agent.

If I have offended you or your staff, then I apologise. However, I respectfully suggest you re-examine your policy of acting as agent to resolve matters on behalf of your re-sellers. Where problems arise with payments being accepted and products not delivered as promised, I respectfully suggest you make their resolution a priority.

• Upvote 1

Just an update re my problem. Simware emailed me this morning at 6.30am, stating "We are working on it and come back to you soon." thought this is good.

Ive now sent back 2 emails to them asking for "any news"....still no update.

Ive now sent another stating that if its not sorted by the end of the day i want my money back.

steve

• Aerosoft

@Mathijs I have never before expressed my annoyance with a vendor on their forum. This is the first time. However, my reason for doing so was because of my sheer frustration at the seemingly endless delay of having this matter resolved. If you consider the ordering process on your website:-Once the credit card information is received and payment is processed, an e-mail with all the information a customer needs to download and enjoy the product is sent before you have time to move the mouse to open your Microsoft Outlook. It's simple, easy and incredibly fast. However, when you compare the seconds it takes to order something to the lenght of delay I experienced to have something resolved, there is a world of difference when the two are compared side by side.

Oisin, for a standard order it all goes in seconds. Your order however was a free one. We did don't charge you for that. But that means it is manually handled, checked and somebody got to sign of on it. We only do that one time every day in the morning. You done the order at 10/26/2010 14:18:44 and it was released to you at 10/27/2010 10:15:05. If you feel this is bad service I am sorry, but I just do not agree.

• Aerosoft

Just an update re my problem. Simware emailed me this morning at 6.30am, stating "We are working on it and come back to you soon." thought this is good.

Ive now sent back 2 emails to them asking for "any news"....still no update.

Ive now sent another stating that if its not sorted by the end of the day i want my money back.

steve

And again from us, if you feel it takes to long talk to us at support@aerosoft.com and we'll assist.

Thank you mathijs, but I will give Simware a bit longer to sort out their problem.

I cant see how this is Aerosoft fault in anyway, but if not resolved in a couple of days then I will take you up on your offer.

I cant see where the problem is. Its clearly a product for both sims, and usually they have both installers?

regards

steve

Just back from work. Email from simware, Quote......."We added the latest version to your account." Whats that all about, I thought I should have had that.

Anyway downloaded again........................STILL ONLY FOR FSX. I DONT WANT IT FOR FSX, I HAVENT GOT IT.

I have made it clear in the email which I sent what I needed.

Ive demanded my money back now.

Anyone else had these ongoing problems. Wont be dealing with them ever again

Steve

Back from work again. Another email stating that the FS2004 downloader is in "my Download section"

Have looked and its there. Now works perfectly Ive got it in FS2004.

Ive now got 2 different installers one for FSX and one for FS2004.

Why so much trouble in the first place

steve