Mega Airport Munich Initial Release Issues FSX

Shaun Fletcher

Nick, just saw that you have installed OZx sceneries. Do you also have ORBX sceneries installed? If so, use FTXCentral to disable them, if not, try disable the OZx entries in your library.

Hi Otto,

ty for your sympathies to investigate, deactivating FTXCentral sounded promising, but sadly did'nt make any difference.

cheers

• Deputy Sheriffs

Nick, just saw that you have installed OZx sceneries. Do you also have ORBX sceneries installed? If so, use FTXCentral to disable them, if not, try disable the OZx entries in your library.

I have FTX NA Blue and the OZX libraries installed and turned on, with none of the issues Nick is seeing, so I doubt that's it. Interesting thought, though.

Nick, another thought...do you have any previous EDDM scenery installed (either now or in the past)? It sure looks like there's some EDDM related file in your system somewhere that's causing your issue. Have you tried a wild card seach for EDDM to see if there's something you have?

Nick, another thought...do you have any previous EDDM scenery installed (either now or in the past)? It sure looks like there's some EDDM related file in your system somewhere that's causing your issue. Have you tried a wild card seach for EDDM to see if there's something you have?

Hi Herman,

i have never installed any EDDM scenery!

took some screens (and skipped most of the "air" bmp files)

post-32966-084417600 1288088891_thumb.jp

post-32966-056258900 1288088907_thumb.jp

post-32966-047434000 1288088926_thumb.jp

post-32966-048759100 1288088946_thumb.jp

• Developer

We need help with this error. It was working yesterday as soon as I activated my AES it started behaving this way.

I don't know, what you have done, but look at your jetways, there is more wrong then AES.

And you can just deactivate the Airport in AES to check that.

Maybe you try to mix old FS9 versions with the new one.

We need help with this error. It was working yesterday as soon as I activated my AES it started behaving this way.

seems, i am not alone with my problem, but i can tell you, i've never had AES. I hope this Airport works proper without this tool.

I don't know, what you have done, but look at your jetways, there is more wrong then AES.

I just deactivate AES and it is still giving me the same problem. The funny this thing is that it worked fine yeterday. Can you please elaborate a little bit on your answer. Thanks

I just deactivate AES and it is still giving me the same problem. The funny this thing is that it worked fine yeterday. Can you please elaborate a little bit on your answer. Thanks

In my case the plane bridges also display not correct, but a little different. Please have a look in the attached picture. There is no further AFCAD-file existing for EDDM (controlled with AFX).

Any ideas or solutions? Thank you!

Lars

post-4342-094259900 1288115891_thumb.jpg

In my case the plane bridges also display not correct, but a little different. Please have a look in the attached picture. There is no further AFCAD-file existing for EDDM (controlled with AFX).

Any ideas or solutions? Thank you!

Lars

Ok guys this is what I did I had installed my traffic sometime ago so I did a search for all my traffic files and deleted all the files related to my traffic and guess what like majic it solved the issue of of the bridges and the tunnel issue.

• Upvote 1

• Developer

Ok guys this is what I did I had installed my traffic sometime ago so I did a search for all my traffic files and deleted all the files related to my traffic and guess what like majic it solved the issue of of the bridges and the tunnel issue.

Yes, that's what I stated here days ago: http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?showtopic=40007&view=findpost&p=266305

When the ground is "flatten", means that the tunnels are filled with "dust", the first thing to check is a different Afcad/AFX file in the area.

In case of use of Mytraffic, first check the Mytraffic\Scenery Folder for any EDDM related file and remove thatone. (or rename it to *.OFF)

Yes, that's what I stated here days ago: http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?showtopic=40007&view=findpost&p=266305

When the ground is "flatten", means that the tunnels are filled with "dust", the first thing to check is a different Afcad/AFX file in the area.

In case of use of Mytraffic, first check the Mytraffic\Scenery Folder for any EDDM related file and remove thatone. (or rename it to *.OFF)

where is this FSX version for sale? I don't see it on the main Aerosoft site.

• Deputy Sheriffs

hi guys,

any new solutions for those who never had any traffic tool, but issues like shown before?

cheers

Hello, Nick. Sorry to hear your EDDM isn't sorted out yet. I'm assuming you've tried checking for a rogue AFCAD file as noted above by kwensi. Do note that these can be installed by sceneries as well as AI programs and tools. Have you ever had an earlier version in FSX of EDDM, any terrain or land class programs (payware or freeware)? I'm just trying to suggest all the places where your issue might originate.

Is your FSX in English or another language? Sometimes folders don't get recognized properly. My Mega Airport Munich is a separate folder as follows: (FSX Folder)\Aerosoft\Mega Airport Munich (where (FSX Folder) is wherever your FSX is).

Have you tried disabling every thing except EDDM in the FSX scenery library?

Is EDDM at or near the top of your scenery library? My stack has "AES Basepack" on top (which you won't have if you don't use AES), "AerosoftAED" next and "Mega Airport Munich" under some German Airfields and Airports.

I hope something here helps.

• Developer

If you talk about the "filled" Tunnels and you have FS Global X installed, it could be the reason for this effect.

I don't know all details yet, but there must be a tool called "Terrain config tool" or "Terrain flatten", where you can set the config to "DEFAULT", then it should solve the issue here.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Yes, I can confirm, this is the solution. You can find the file in the FSGlobal-Folder.

Lars

Oliver to the rescue again!

Hi all,

According to FSX Airport Scanner Tool, I have two EDDM AFCADs in conflict. The first file is AF2_eddm_2010.bgl, located in the Aerosoft AFD folder - obviously this is the main file for my new Aerosoft Munich scenery. The second file, AFX_MDDE_ALT.BGL, is in my Default Terrain layer/folder (..\fsx\scenery\world\scenery). I find it weird that the ICAO identifier for this second file is backwards.

Is the second file part of my new Munich scenery as well? Does everyone else have it too? It looks to be dated Oct. 19, 2010.

Now I know a lot of my 3rd-party sceneries put these "ALT" bgl's in my default layer, and I'm guessing this belongs with my new Munich scenery, but why is the name backwards?

• Developer

I have checked now the Airport in combination with FSGlobal 2008 and 2010, both will not generate any issue with the Tunnels here.

Based on the situation, the the Terrain tool, provided by FSG, can correct the problems in EDDM, I think the source of the problem is based on a "fault" in the Terrain.cfg, maybe manipulated by any other product.

So, if someone still has the "floated" Tunnels, has not installed FSG 2008/2010, please make a ZIP File of the Terrian.cfg (is in the main folder of the FSX) and attach it here, so that I can check, which entry is wrong there.

If there are any backupcopy's of this file in that folder, please check if there is a Name of a product, so we may can see which product is responsable.

Hi,

just installed and looking really great. I'm visiting EDDM in real world mode every week and it's a really good rendition of the whole aiport and the area. Small Problem: I'm getting untextured moving vehicle traffic all over the place. Yes, DX10 is on but not seeing this with other GAPs installed. Broken install (repair function didn't help) or supposed behaviour?

Cheers

Thorsten

• Developer

Hi,

just installed and looking really great. I'm visiting EDDM in real world mode every week and it's a really good rendition of the whole aiport and the area. Small Problem: I'm getting untextured moving vehicle traffic all over the place. Yes, DX10 is on but not seeing this with other GAPs installed. Broken install (repair function didn't help) or supposed behaviour?

Cheers

Thorsten

With the next SP for EDDM FSX you will get the option to enable the Traffic for DX10 Mode (at day only) too.