ATC Event

cfronze

Hey guys i will be controlling over at Andras Field on 10/24 from 1800-2200 zulu if anyone is interested please let me know as of right now i am doing it on the Flight Server and we can use Teamspeak as comms i will have more info in the teamspeak on Sunday

Hey guys i will be controlling over at Andras Field on 10/24 from 1800-2200 zulu if anyone is interested please let me know as of right now i am doing it on the Flight Server and we can use Teamspeak as comms i will have more info in the teamspeak on Sunday

GREAT! This is really exciting. Thank you SO much cfronze. I will try to attend, and I really really urge everyone else to do so too. An ATC event. Thats really cool.

EVERYONE - BE THERE! :)

clashes with a pre planned event, prehaps reading the forum to check prior to posting would be a good idea?

Matt,

I am sorry i did not check and i do see you were trying to do an event so sorry about that i finally have a sunday off so i figured maybe getting an ATC event going would be great. I think this is what the Andras Field Community was waiting for. If you have any questions email me at chris@virtual-avaition.org

So for this ATC event I will have 2 channels in Teamspeak one that will be for the Tower Frequency and the other an UNICOM frequency so that way you can still talk to other pilots. I know there is still controversy on what kind of Airspace is Andras Field so in the US its pretty similar to a Class Delta Airspace so for this event I will treat it like one

I agree, we could combine it, I would say :)

Yes - of course.

I agree with Matt, that if you plan an event, you should look on the forum, and I will go further and say that you should talk to the event manager before posting an event,

But in this case I think its VERY important to keep the ATC event on for two reasons.

1) ATC is what AF is missing atm. And someone to take hold of that and actually being there to guide the pilots, is GREAT, and I once again thank you cfronze for your initiative. Its very very great.

2) The ATC event does not mean that Matts event can´t take place. It will simply be an addition to it - and perhaps bring more people in to at least some part of Matt´s event.

So I say GO GO GO cfronze, and GO Matt too. I might end up being spectacular. :lol:

Yes - of course.

I agree with Matt, that if you plan an event, you should look on the forum, and I will go further and say that you should talk to the event manager before posting an event,

But in this case I think its VERY important to keep the ATC event on for two reasons.

1) ATC is what AF is missing atm. And someone to take hold of that and actually being there to guide the pilots, is GREAT, and I once again thank you cfronze for your initiative. Its very very great.

2) The ATC event does not mean that Matts event can´t take place. It will simply be an addition to it - and perhaps bring more people in to at least some part of Matt´s event.

So I say GO GO GO cfronze, and GO Matt too. I might end up being spectacular. :lol:

Ole,

I agree i should have checked the events forum so i wouldn't step on anyone's session but i do not agree with me having to talk to the events manager because im part of Andras field like everyone else is and this isn't a event im holding im just telling you guys i will be sitting in the tower tomorrow. If i were to fly to Frankfurt one day and decided to post something about the flight in the events forum so people can join along with me if they want than i should be able to do something like that without anyone's approval or talk to anyone. I just feel that if i was going to sit up in the tower and play ATC for a while i shouldn't need to talk to anybody about it first to get permission.

Ole,

I agree i should have checked the events forum so i wouldn't step on anyone's session but i do not agree with me having to talk to the events manager because im part of Andras field like everyone else is and this isn't a event im holding im just telling you guys i will be sitting in the tower tomorrow. If i were to fly to Frankfurt one day and decided to post something about the flight in the events forum so people can join along with me if they want than i should be able to do something like that without anyone's approval or talk to anyone. I just feel that if i was going to sit up in the tower and play ATC for a while i shouldn't need to talk to anybody about it first to get permission.

Whoa cfronze. It was never meant to ruffle your feathers. Im really sorry if my post came out that way. What I meant was that if people who wants to arrange events talks to the event director, the word could come out through the "official" channels, and perhaps he could help out in some way.

It really was a suggestion meant to HELP the ones with event ideas - not to restrict them or have the event director "steal" a good idea.

I hope this clears up any misunderstandings on my behalf.

Whoa cfronze. It was never meant to ruffle your feathers. Im really sorry if my post came out that way. What I meant was that if people who wants to arrange events talks to the event director, the word could come out through the "official" channels, and perhaps he could help out in some way.

It really was a suggestion meant to HELP the ones with event ideas - not to restrict them or have the event director "steal" a good idea.

I hope this clears up any misunderstandings on my behalf.

Ole,

Thats why i hate typing in a professional manner it sounds like your writing an angry email LOL no im not mad i just want to explain that i just felt like i should be able to post something on the forums saying i will be hanging around the tower playing ATC for a while lol so no in no way did your post offend me so its no problem at all and i guess i can understand what your saying in the future i will work with Matt a little better

Well, AMA141, on a roundabout EAFS-LSZR-EAFS had excellent service yesterday evening. Very good indeed!

I reallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreally hope there will be more people flying online via VAE(Squawkwin)/Teamspeak from EAFS when proper ATC is in place.

I was talking to Ole (I think) and some other people about this via teamspeak a couple of nights ago, how busy EAFS seems in terms of sales of the package itself and the plots, but how few of us are actually flying it online. When I'm flying to/from EAFS, I do it online practically all the time. But it is a shrill contrast with for instance VATSIM/IVAO (way to strict for me) or Gamespy (way to casual/buggy for me), where hundreds or even thousands are flying every night.

Anyway, good show!

I reallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreally hope there will be more people flying online via VAE(Squawkwin)/Teamspeak from EAFS when proper ATC is in place.

I'd really like to fly online to EAFS BUT Squawkwin has caused several problems on my system (emphasis on MY system as I understand that it performs brilliantly for others).

So, as long as Squawkwin clashes with my firewall settings, FSInn and/or ASE I will be out. I will periodically try a new version to see if it works on my system without me having to change my firewall settings or remove other software, but so far no luck.

For now I will just fly on VATSIM and hope they add EAFS.

I'd really like to fly online to EAFS BUT Squawkwin has caused several problems on my system (emphasis on MY system as I understand that it performs brilliantly for others).

So, as long as Squawkwin clashes with my firewall settings, FSInn and/or ASE I will be out. I will periodically try a new version to see if it works on my system without me having to change my firewall settings or remove other software, but so far no luck.

For now I will just fly on VATSIM and hope they add EAFS.

Sorry to hear that. Have you had contact with the techies of VAE? I haven't had any issues, but I understand they can do a lot from people that also had issues (although I do not know the specific issues).

I also PM'ed you.

Regards,

Tobus

Sorry to hear that. Have you had contact with the techies of VAE? I haven't had any issues, but I understand they can do a lot from people that also had issues (although I do not know the specific issues).

I have had contact once or twice and problem is partly due to my unwillingness to change firewall settings. Since my gaming PC is not the only machine on the network, and the network has to be secure, opening ports is an absolute no-go area for me.

The problems with FSInn can probably be solved.

Oh well, no harm done: I still get to taxi home after landing :D, even if the flight is offline.

Ps.: answered your PM in Dutch.

I think we should all thank chris for being duty controller for us last night, it was great!

Put it this way..if it wasn't for chris being there i would have been in real trouble..there we was,me,matt smith and simjocky flying together nicely..then BOOM!! :focus_s::o..OOM CTD :blink::angry:.so i reload FSX,start at an airport i thought was close to where i crashed(the system,not the plane :lol: ) and took off again to rejoin the group..it was then i had the problems..just passing 1000ft,all guages apart from altimeter frooze,gps frooze,LH and RH fuel pressure warning light illuminated...i continue climbimg whilst trying to get my instruments to respond..nothing.Looking out the window was useless as it was pitch black night..i was determined to finish the flight so turning bk wasnt an option :P .so i get onto tower and request vector back to the airfield...''NMA1 turn right heading 2-0-0,climb and maintian 5000''.So i climb to 5000,making a slow right turn,looking at my heading indicator..but it wasnt moving!,then i relise my magnetic compass was giving a reading..phew..so i find 2-0-0 and maintian 5000.Some time passed,then i hear the message i had been waiting for ''NMA1,airport at your 12 'o'clock,12 miles,report in sight.Not being albe to see it untill 5 miles away,i report airport in sight,where Chris(Tower) gave me vector to final RNWY 09.Not having an airspeed indicator threw me off somewhat,and had to execute a missed approach..i was coming in to fast,to high.I call up tower,tell him my intensions,and was vectored from left crosswind,left downwind,left base,and finally final.still coming in to fast,i got her down,altho half way down the runway, i was glad to be back on the ground!.This was the closes thing to real emergancy i have experienced,and even tho in a sim,i still had sweaty palms ^_^

But lets not fogget,if it wasnt for Chris dedicating his time to be ATC,non of this would have happend,and i would not had been albe to finish the flight.

so Chris,on behalf of all the members that WAS flying that night - Thank you very,very much.it is much appreciated

I also PM'ed you.

Regards,

Tobus

lmao matt just to let you kno i enabled you to control on the server so good luck buddy remember RVSM hahah ;)

lmao matt just to let you kno i enabled you to control on the server so good luck buddy remember RVSM hahah ;)

whoops responded to the wrong post hahaha stupid me i was talking to matt in this one

• Upvote 1

I have had contact once or twice and problem is partly due to my unwillingness to change firewall settings. Since my gaming PC is not the only machine on the network, and the network has to be secure, opening ports is an absolute no-go area for me.

Oh well, no harm done: I still get to taxi home after landing :D, even if the flight is offline.

The firewall issue is something you don't have to worry about with your 55008 and 55009 ports closed you will get the same experience as if they were open. As for FSINN you have to make sure it is not activated when you are trying to use Squwakwin or it will show you some where near North Africa. Hope this helps.

Regards,

Strange, since I didn't have to open up any ports, not on my router and not in my firewall (which is secondary because of the router in the first place).

I do hope things get more busy now that ATC seems to get in place at EAFS. I have to study for my PPL-Navigation exams the next couple of weeks, so probably won't do much flying. But the online part is great overall.

I also input the Andras Meridian traffic to/from EAFS in UT2, including all the nice repaints by Holgi. Very nice to see all the small charter planes coming in between 18:00-20:00 at the latest, to not disturb the airpark inhabitants by too much :).

Toby, good luck with your JAA Air Nav exam, if its anything like the one I did it wasnt too hard :)

Have you done your qualifing cross country flight yet? 200nm solo with 2 stops. I remember mine so well.

The firewall issue is something you don't have to worry about with your 55008 and 55009 ports closed you will get the same experience as if they were open.

I do indeed get an error on port 55009 and then Squawkwin basically says it can not continue. Tried the last time a couple of days ago with the latest version of Squawkwin.

I know the problems with FSInn can be solved by not running it and assume/hope the problems with ASE can be solved by disabling weather in Squawkwin, but as long as I can not connect to the network properly that is all academic.