Airbus X A320 PTU sounds?

767captain

Hi,

I just got the AirbusX 320-321 I couldn't find if it has the PTU (Power Transfer Unit) sound but I've searched on the internet and I've found this solution if you don't hear it in your AX:

http://forums.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?215843-Airbus-volume-2-PTU-Sound

refer to wdscobie

then to this solution of napamule2

Best regards

Hedy

P.S.: I'm just testing this A321X First impression: WOW but I have a problem with putting a FP in the MCDU I just can't find where to put it!!! there's no key assigned to!!! Only what I can do is putting From/To :-)

Hi. Yes the airbus X dies have the PTU sound.

As for the flight plan, there is a button on the MCDU to enter it.

Firstly you need to enter the From/To, afterwhich you can click flightplan to enter the remaining waypoints.

Chris

Hi, Thx for replying. Indeed we can enter an FP by entering point by point but no airways!!! This is a shame as all of us, we fly realstic FP's ( A333 series Volum2 of Wilco: I love fly this Airbus and I enjoy entering A FP). Honestly more I fly this ABX more I discover things not in our advantage: No SID no STAR's come on I flew such FP 20 years ago. What do you think?

Hi. Yes the airbus X dies have the PTU sound.

As for the flight plan, there is a button on the MCDU to enter it.

Firstly you need to enter the From/To, afterwhich you can click flightplan to enter the remaining waypoints.

Chris

Ok thanks guys. I have the wilco A330, is the aerosoft airbus x more realistic?

Hello 767captain,

In what way would that be, as the Wilco product may have more features in one area than another.

Would also depend on what you expect out of the product as the Airbus X is an intermediate product between base Microsoft aircraft and High End.

well in realism I mean like totally detailed FMC, Windshield wipers , and mostly everything clickable in the VC and PTU sounds. It has a great VC from looking at pictures but I just want to know if the VC is fully functional.

Thanks

well in realism I mean like totally detailed FMC, Windshield wipers , and mostly everything clickable in the VC and PTU sounds. It has a great VC from looking at pictures but I just want to know if the VC is fully functional.

Thanks

Well, PTU sounds in the cockpit are not realistic as you cannot hear it there (in the original).

Nevertheless they can be heard in the AirbusX to give a good sound-experience.

Wipers are animated, but what´s the use anyhow, because rain isn´t animated on the windshield in FSX.

For more information about the FMC (MCDU), please read the product description.

PS: Don´t ask for SID´s and STAR´s

PPS: Don´t ask for wingflex

;)

You know I regreat that I bought The AirbusX, really.

I've expected a lot of new things in it but it is so basic! and unusual. You have to relearn airbus before flying this bird :excl: Do I really have to put and search in FSX flight planner point by point and airway by airway to copy it later to the FMC? that's crazy.

I'm :(:angry: Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Well, PTU sounds in the cockpit are not realistic as you cannot hear it there (in the original).

Nevertheless they can be heard in the AirbusX to give a good sound-experience.

Wipers are animated, but what´s the use anyhow, because rain isn´t animated on the windshield in FSX.

For more information about the FMC (MCDU), please read the product description.

PS: Don´t ask for SID´s and STAR´s

PPS: Don´t ask for wingflex

;)

Do I really have to put and search in FSX flight planner point by point and airway by airway to copy it later to the FMC? that's crazy.

No you don't. Please read the manual.

Chris

...Do I really have to put and search in FSX flight planner point by point and airway by airway to copy it later to the FMC? that's crazy...

...no, that´s exactly as it was described 1000times during development and in the product description. Since many month (!) aerosoft stated that

they will use FSX-flightplans. No need to pretend to be disappointed now ;)

Timo