Stuff for the first meeting-agenda

OleAndreasen

A few things I would like to talk about.

1) Are we needed? (could also be read: does anyone give a shit?) 34 votes in the election - are we just doing this for ourselves?

2) How do we get on? Our respective fields really need a shape up. We have directorships going nowhere - and this needs to change - imo.

3) How do we ensure communication among ourselves? The old board had severe problems getting members to respond to anything - we need to do better - imo.

3) Is AF growth at its end? Frames seem to bother a lot of people, and Andras keep talking about frames - and now Andras Field USA is the big talk - so are we at max - very soon?

4) __________________ well no more right now - :lol: But as the Terminator says: I´ll be back! :o

1, Yes - I give a shit so the rest have to :lol: But seriously theres 34 other people less us that give a shit and bothered to vote, so we owe itto them to be here and give our all to make this the best place in the virtual world. Besides its the orginal and will there for always be better than any Andras Field USA!

2, We seeminly get along well, maybe could do with a bit of a gently push in the right direction some times

3, In theory we can communicate very effectively. We all have access to each others personal email MSN and the such like.

3, We have a big scope for pertential members, we just need to drag all the lurkers out fo the dark and dingey corners into the centre stage (you dont need 50 billion FPS to get smooth flight in FSX. whats the obession with it and wheres it come from?)

4, Editied, Terminatrix ;)

Items for the meeting:

1, Helicpoter procedures and their circuit hight

2, Also increasing fixed wing circuit hight to 4000' amsl

3, its early in the morning I'll come back to this after work

4, Volenteer someone to run the Vingate Warbird Society

5, Set in conceret when where and how often we are to meet

6, Decide on a person to chair each meeting or even draw up a rota for it as otherwise it would just turn into a free for all and nothing would get done.

More to follow.....

A few things I would like to talk about.

1) Are we needed? (could also be read: does anyone give a shit?) 34 votes in the election - are we just doing this for ourselves?

2) How do we get on? Our respective fields really need a shape up. We have directorships going nowhere - and this needs to change - imo.

3) How do we ensure communication among ourselves? The old board had severe problems getting members to respond to anything - we need to do better - imo.

3) Is AF growth at its end? Frames seem to bother a lot of people, and Andras keep talking about frames - and now Andras Field USA is the big talk - so are we at max - very soon?

4) __________________ well no more right now - :lol: But as the Terminator says: I´ll be back! :o

1) I put much thought in whether I should go for a directorship - the main reason was that we are a community and in order to keep that going someone has to do something since I had enjoyed my time in the community I thought I had better give something back. In this I include Andras Meridian -without Andras Field I would not have found the it or even have become a member- yes the are separate enterties but a very closely linked.

1b) 34 votes- for most of the posts it was clear who was going to win even for Andras Field Director- thus what was the point of voting? It doesn't mean that they were disinterested just that they were not motivated to vote- plus we are still a small community.

2) Mathijs has got me working- like most things only a small % of which is ever seen

3) Communication- no new ideas to add

3) Andras Field is not at an end - I do not see Andras Field USA as a separate thing - I see it as a sub set of a larger umbrella which in future could have Andras Fields from around the world but as a community we come to one place. The reason for this is in order to keep the community going there needs to be critical mass this I don't think will be achieved unless the communities have some shared areas- if we don't then the community will splinter when Andras USA comes and further if another version is done. But if we are flexible and work together then there will be more interested people, more people willing to do things and more taking part. Perhaps the future organisation could be something we discuss?

Anyway thats enough from me time for a :coffee_s:

First of all sorry for having been quite absent during the time after the election - I am currently under immense pressure regarding real life work, but things seem to get a little bit better now and I will devote my spare time to our community.

Let me first try to answer Ole's most important question:

1) No, we are not needed at all, unless we produce something useful and enjyoable for the community :-). And that's what we are here for and what we should do.

:-)

Ok, so what are the productive things we could take care of?

First of all, we should be aware of the fact that we have two Andras Fields: an online one and an offline one. I am quite sure that 95% of all buyers of Andras Field use it offline and just simply as an addon, and this is why - at least in my opinion - the voting produced so little results. I have to admit that I use it oflline 90% of all times as well. IMHO, we should develop a program that either turns those offline users into online users (quite a task, if I may add), or one that gives people more connection to Andras Field, even if they just use it for themselves,

And here's again one point I made when applying for Airport Director: The website for Andras Field should become a community website. As it is now, it's announcement, its advertising and that's it.

I would like to make every director around here responsible for the website. Posting news, stories, pictures and info in the respective section. I would then include advertising for the website in the next version of EAFS, both in gaame (billboard) and in the readme. And I would ask Aerosoft to report about the website on their own newspage once a month.

Why? Because it shows that Andras Field is alive, that there are people behind it and thus it creates (hopefully) a deeper connection to the product with solo-users, getting them involved eventually.

I would be willling to initiate and coordinate the things needed to get this project going.

Next point: Communication and meeting.

I suggest a fixed date and time for the meeting: Once a week, Tuesday, 20:00 GMT.

I also suggest that one person is repsonsible to distriubute the MSN protocol to all directors, those present and absent. Who volunteers?

I know that there is a director on the other side of the globe who will not be able to attend the regular meeting. But with the protocol, he should be able to respond to the points risen and suggest new ones for the next meeting.

I promise I will make sure that every voice is heard.

I also suggest that one person is repsonsible for communicating a summary of our meeting to the "public". People need to see what we do, that we do something. As airport director, I will volunteer to do so, but if someone wants to do it instead of me, that's fine for me.

Last point for now: The biggest force that can be activated at Andras Field are plot owners. So we should think about what we can do for them and how. One thought that comes to my mind: We have some commercial plot owners. Let's find a way how to incorporate for activities - maybe not just for the plot owners, but for all Andras Field.

First of all sorry for having been quite absent during the time after the election - I am currently under immense pressure regarding real life work, but things seem to get a little bit better now and I will devote my spare time to our community.

Let me first try to answer Ole's most important question:

1) No, we are not needed at all, unless we produce something useful and enjyoable for the community :-). And that's what we are here for and what we should do.

:-)

Ok, so what are the productive things we could take care of?

First of all, we should be aware of the fact that we have two Andras Fields: an online one and an offline one. I am quite sure that 95% of all buyers of Andras Field use it offline and just simply as an addon, and this is why - at least in my opinion - the voting produced so little results. I have to admit that I use it oflline 90% of all times as well. IMHO, we should develop a program that either turns those offline users into online users (quite a task, if I may add), or one that gives people more connection to Andras Field, even if they just use it for themselves,

And here's again one point I made when applying for Airport Director: The website for Andras Field should become a community website. As it is now, it's announcement, its advertising and that's it.

I would like to make every director around here responsible for the website. Posting news, stories, pictures and info in the respective section. I would then include advertising for the website in the next version of EAFS, both in gaame (billboard) and in the readme. And I would ask Aerosoft to report about the website on their own newspage once a month.

Why? Because it shows that Andras Field is alive, that there are people behind it and thus it creates (hopefully) a deeper connection to the product with solo-users, getting them involved eventually.

I would be willling to initiate and coordinate the things needed to get this project going.

Next point: Communication and meeting.

I suggest a fixed date and time for the meeting: Once a week, Tuesday, 20:00 GMT.

I also suggest that one person is repsonsible to distriubute the MSN protocol to all directors, those present and absent. Who volunteers?

I know that there is a director on the other side of the globe who will not be able to attend the regular meeting. But with the protocol, he should be able to respond to the points risen and suggest new ones for the next meeting.

I promise I will make sure that every voice is heard.

I also suggest that one person is repsonsible for communicating a summary of our meeting to the "public". People need to see what we do, that we do something. As airport director, I will volunteer to do so, but if someone wants to do it instead of me, that's fine for me.

Last point for now: The biggest force that can be activated at Andras Field are plot owners. So we should think about what we can do for them and how. One thought that comes to my mind: We have some commercial plot owners. Let's find a way how to incorporate for activities - maybe not just for the plot owners, but for all Andras Field.

Guys..

Thanks for your replies... I never meant for them to be answered here, but to be discussed at the first meeting - LOL - but its fine that you spend time answering them here. Thanks for that.

And They were really meant to provoke, which they (most importantly the first one of course) did. Great.

And then to the details.

Meetings once a week is simply too often! The first burst of activity in AF is over, and development now is more the big lines, and the future.... And having meetings every week is simply meetings for the meetings sake. Still only my opinion of course, but I would really like to make a poll among ourselves to decide this. I hope this is ok - Just a guideline poll.

In fact Ill do this right away.

:D

Ole said:

"Meetings once a week is simply too often! The first burst of activity in AF is over, and development now is more the big lines, and the future.... And having meetings every week is simply meetings for the meetings sake. Still only my opinion of course, but I would really like to make a poll among ourselves to decide this. I hope this is ok - Just a guideline poll."

I beg to differ. Ole is right if we just meet for meetings sake. IF we meet, for example, to get the website change going, it's not.

A poll, of course, is fine and should be done.

hey guys, if I remember correctly, first board meeting was tonight?

Sorry I wasn't there, the day didn't really go as planned here, starting with a delayed tram and a missed train this afternoon!

Public transportation was very public, but very little actual transportation today.

hey guys, if I remember correctly, first board meeting was tonight?

Sorry I wasn't there, the day didn't really go as planned here, starting with a delayed tram and a missed train this afternoon!

Public transportation was very public, but very little actual transportation today.

No meeting has been scheduled yet Lars.... Have you taken the poll? Only one havent so far and one point is actually up to that one person..... lol (its a 3-3 tie so far)

No meeting has been scheduled yet Lars.... Have you taken the poll? Only one havent so far and one point is actually up to that one person..... lol (its a 3-3 tie so far)

good, in that case I didn't miss a thing lol!

yes, I have taken the poll...

Ole your post Suggestions for growth of the owners association I need you all

While I may agree with some of your points. I feel should have been discussed at board level first since there are some major developments in the suggestion that would have a major impact on those who are not plot owners- namely there is still plenty of interest in plots.

I also think this goes for some other ideas that have been posted - we do have this private forum to go with ideas - I don't want to stop peoples enthusiasm or creativity - just that as a board we have some sort of discussion first. I know it can be difficult to get responses here but there could be time limits placed.

Everyone please input into this

And Ole can I stress again I may well agree with some of your points but just want to get some sort of protocol agreed- I want to make it clear to you and everyone I haven't got a problem with you- I hope you take this post in the spirit that I meant it to be in.:)

Thanks

Dont worry Chompski - No offend taken - at all. ;)

What things are you referring to?

Remember I am only asking my people what they think. I actually learned from my predecessor - VAFF - who got into a problems of asking the plot owners AFTER a board decision was made. I am only asking the plot people what they think of this and that - and IF they like somethings - I will THEN go to the board and ask what they think. But I dont feel any need to spend board time on subjects that holds no interest for the airpark plot owners.

I hope this will rest you a bit.

IF you are reffereing to the bit about placing objects on plots - its not major changes, and will not effect frames - according to Andras..... But it might be difficult to set up.

But all in all - I will always take these things up with the board - soon as I know there is a want for it...:D

Ole

Still no date for a meeting yet? :unsure:

Well Matt. I thought our Airport Director would step in here this weekend - but since this has not happened, and since the poll I made about meetings - are all done, and since we need to start making decisions - I will propose a final suggestion...

The board voted for rolling weekdays, for meetings in MSN, for 9 PM CET, and for bi-weekly meetings.

Since we cannot call in a meeting on one days notice - and since the rolling weekdays thing are on, I suggest.

First three board meeting

Monday November 1. at 9.00 PM (CET)

-

Tuesday November 16. at 9.00 PM (CET)

-

Wednesday December 1. at 9.00 PM (CET)

If noone objects seriously to this - this will be final.

Dont worry Chompski - No offend taken - at all. ;)

What things are you referring to?

Remember I am only asking my people what they think. I actually learned from my predecessor - VAFF - who got into a problems of asking the plot owners AFTER a board decision was made. I am only asking the plot people what they think of this and that - and IF they like somethings - I will THEN go to the board and ask what they think. But I dont feel any need to spend board time on subjects that holds no interest for the airpark plot owners.

I hope this will rest you a bit.

IF you are reffereing to the bit about placing objects on plots - its not major changes, and will not effect frames - according to Andras..... But it might be difficult to set up.

But all in all - I will always take these things up with the board - soon as I know there is a want for it...:D

Ole

Thanks OLE for taking it in the spirit it was meant it is very hard to type a message when talking about things like that, that doesn't like you have a big problem with the person.

I wasn't suggesting that we took a final decision to the forum- I agree fully that we need their input especially in posts when we want input to an idea- it was just that we maybe posted here first for a short time (on big issues) so we could air our own opinions first which may influence what we put to the community. I am not saying we cannot air our views on the public forum either but I think I could not have posted my reply or this one in a public forum because I think the members might wonder what is going on with the board. I think that the board meetings will help after all we are going to need something to talk about and it maybe becuase we talk about these types of big issues then we would not have to post in here.

Perhaps if I gave the example from you original post it might help

"Thing is - Frame rates will become a serious problem soon, if we keep building on plots here. So I have been thinking that perhaps some of the empty plots should not be sold for housing, but used as passing-points so aircraft have places to go by each other"

In my opinion I think that deciding not to have some plots is a big issue and should be addressed to the whole community. There is still plenty of interest in them and a lot of disappointed people each week. Frames is an issue but some of the plots could be converted to parking spaces for people to bid on- even with an underground house? Thus I would have suggested in here that we put the future of plots as a discussion in the general forum- may be a poll as well.

I hope this helps

Kind Regards

Paul

PS. The meetings are fine

Those times might be hard to make guys.

That's 4:00 AM for me in Perth Australia.

I guess a good time for me personally would be 1 PM CET (9 PM for me)

Let me know.

If you decide on 9 PM CET i guess someone will have to save the whole MSN chat convo and email it to me to read through. and i will make my suggestions etc and email you all back

Regards

Thanks OLE for taking it in the spirit it was meant it is very hard to type a message when talking about things like that, that doesn't like you have a big problem with the person.

I wasn't suggesting that we took a final decision to the forum- I agree fully that we need their input especially in posts when we want input to an idea- it was just that we maybe posted here first for a short time (on big issues) so we could air our own opinions first which may influence what we put to the community. I am not saying we cannot air our views on the public forum either but I think I could not have posted my reply or this one in a public forum because I think the members might wonder what is going on with the board. I think that the board meetings will help after all we are going to need something to talk about and it maybe becuase we talk about these types of big issues then we would not have to post in here.

Perhaps if I gave the example from you original post it might help

"Thing is - Frame rates will become a serious problem soon, if we keep building on plots here. So I have been thinking that perhaps some of the empty plots should not be sold for housing, but used as passing-points so aircraft have places to go by each other"

In my opinion I think that deciding not to have some plots is a big issue and should be addressed to the whole community. There is still plenty of interest in them and a lot of disappointed people each week. Frames is an issue but some of the plots could be converted to parking spaces for people to bid on- even with an underground house? Thus I would have suggested in here that we put the future of plots as a discussion in the general forum- may be a poll as well.

I hope this helps

Kind Regards

Paul

PS. The meetings are fine

Paul

Finally I understand what you mean. You are absolutely right. I have removed the part in my post in the airpark chat forum. I didnt see what the problem was, but of course that is exactly NOT the place to post such an idea.

First of all - as you say - it is a question that needs to be posted for the entire community - not just the plotowners - but what is a lot more serious. The plot owners will be a lot more inclined to vote yes to turning plots into parking spaces (and by the way - I never meant for them to be sold - just empty plots) because they already have their own plot. So these guys are NOT do decide something so serious - for all the ones who want a plot, but haven´t got one already.

Thanks for pointing this out - and sorry for not seeing it originally.

Ole

For the agenda:

1) Running andrasfield.com by the community.

2) Request for a german Andras Field forum

Bernhard

I like that you want to have Andrasfield.com be more alive - right now its a waste of time, or even more, it could have people go away from being so boring - and the forum shortcut is even wrong now....

But when you say running AF.com by the community - You mean that the board have access (or representatives of the board) to updating the site - right? Postings from the community is what we have the forum for. But Im sure thats what you mean.

German forum? Hmm - Im dont speak German very well myself, but its a German airfield and as such - many users speaking German, but then again most German speaking people speak English. Im just a little afraid that info posted in one language might be lost in the other language, and that might cause problems eventually.