Larnaca X Initial Release Issues

Shaun Fletcher

• 4 weeks later...

the project having been rescheduled into Q1 20011

what you guys mean :wacko::blink:

am looking farward to Larnaca for fs9 ( since i bought the wrong version and FSX not being ablt to run on my os :wacko::(:o )

• Upvote 1

Dear Thorsten,

Firstly let me congratulate you on a fantastic product: Larnaca FSX is a truly remarkable product.

At least going by the screenshots it looks like a remarkable product: I wouldnt know if it truly is or not: Because having bought it as soon as it came out on the promise from your good self that the FS9 version would shortly follow, the FS9 version still hasnt materialised and i am left with an FSX version i can not use.

I can not help but feel disaapointed Thorsten at the considerable delays in releasing this product: For months and months this project has been in development, and you have changed the release date for it a number of time due to unforeseen problems. Thats fine we can all live with that.

What I have difficulty in understanding is why there is a distinct lack of information from both you and Aerosoft in relation to the release date and problems with FS9. Is there an FS9 version coming out? If so: When? Give us all a release date, and for heavens sake stick to it, we have been waiting long enough!

In the past Thorsten I have always praised you and Aerosoft for the incredible work you do your products are truly amazing: Please dont take this the wrong way, I am frustrated at having bought a product I originally waited several months for, only to find I am now having to wait several more months to actually use it.

At the very least, issue a statement on Larnaca for FS9 and keep us informed: As we have all proven up to date, we are massively patient and understanding, we realise you have many other projects. But the constant delays,the suspending of the release date, the lack of information and the seemingly 'indifferent' tone of some of your postings within this forum, suggest that Aerosoft hold little mutual respect for the very customers who relentlessly stay loyal to you and your products, in a market which is becoming increasingly competitive and difficult. Aerosoft cannot afford to frustrate customers this way....

I really hope you dont take this the wrong way: I am simply trying to express how frustrated I am now feeling.:)

• Upvote 2

Firstly let me congratulate you on a fantastic product: Larnaca FSX is a truly remarkable product.

At least going by the screenshots it looks like a remarkable product: I wouldnt know if it truly is or not: Because having bought it as soon as it came out on the promise from your good self that the FS9 version would shortly follow, the FS9 version still hasnt materialised and i am left with an FSX version i can not use.

I can not help but feel disaapointed Thorsten at the considerable delays in releasing this product: For months and months this project has been in development, and you have changed the release date for it a number of time due to unforeseen problems. Thats fine we can all live with that.

What I have difficulty in understanding is why there is a distinct lack of information from both you and Aerosoft in relation to the release date and problems with FS9. Is there an FS9 version coming out? If so: When? Give us all a release date, and for heavens sake stick to it, we have been waiting long enough!

In the past Thorsten I have always praised you and Aerosoft for the incredible work you do your products are truly amazing: Please dont take this the wrong way, I am frustrated at having bought a product I originally waited several months for, only to find I am now having to wait several more months to actually use it.

At the very least, issue a statement on Larnaca for FS9 and keep us informed: As we have all proven up to date, we are massively patient and understanding, we realise you have many other projects. But the constant delays,the suspending of the release date, the lack of information and the seemingly 'indifferent' tone of some of your postings within this forum, suggest that Aerosoft hold little mutual respect for the very customers who relentlessly stay loyal to you and your products, in a market which is becoming increasingly competitive and difficult. Aerosoft cannot afford to frustrate customers this way....

I really hope you dont take this the wrong way: I am simply trying to express how frustrated I am now feeling.:)

Cypurs you are in the exact same boat as me my friend

i too have bought the fsx version and expected the fs9 verson to be with it and am very dissapointed and wondering why it is taking soo long for the fs9 version to arrive

wonder how many other people have done the same as us :angry::blink::blink:

• Upvote 2

Believe me, I'm frustrated as well. We all know that sometimes things just don't go like expected, this is the same with FlightSim like with any other thing in life.

Don't give up your high hopes, neither do I. ;)

Believe me, I'm frustrated as well. We all know that sometimes things just don't go like expected, this is the same with FlightSim like with any other thing in life.

Don't give up your high hopes, neither do I. ;)

hi Thorsten. this may sound soooooooooooooooo petty. but im a lil bit disapointed with the look of the entrance up to the airport. like the airport has a round about with a row of words in greek saying larnaca intl airport, and all the nice olive trees that is plantedleeding up to the airport and some other stuff. i know how bussy you all are. but maybe if you were to every bring out an update pack for larnaca x some of the things i have said could be included? im in love with what you have done. and youv got larnaca airport to a T. iv been going 11 in a row. (im greek cypriot) and its just like being there, feeling the warm cypriot breeze. :) thanks alot

loukas. :)

39cdb4fb6125265a272a13a52ca9564f.jpg

Hi,

I have found the problem, within the Aerosoft folder under the start menu within windows, there is an Aerosoft folder, within that is a folder called Larnaca X, run the file Visual-Tools exe file.

Select No for the Display Lighting Cone.

Sorted.

hi iv also had the same problem but when i click no, to show light cone, one sec leighter it back on to display it again. why?

Using Win 7 make sure you run the tool as administrator.

The trees on the parking lot should be there.

hi sorry yh they are haha. but the sign in greek on the round about aint. :(

you sure :blink: :blink: :wacko: :wacko:

im very sure. iv just got a round flat round about. no greek letters. also. i get very good frame rates with dx1o on. round about 30frps. but iwth it on my aircraft only look white. :( so i ether have white aircraft and good fraps. or crap fraps and proper aircraft. :( any idears how i can do both hehe.

many thanks

luke.c

Framerate drop between DX10 and DX9 is not related to addons, it's the way FSX works.

The greek letters are not on the roundabout, neither are other things that are pretty far away from the apron as you will understand. Why give you bad fps just to render something that almost no pilot will ever see? ;)

• Upvote 1

Well, I'm not reporting a so called bug right now, but I've noticed that in my Larnaca-X, the runway edge lines become yellow-ish as I look them from distance and start to become white as I apporach them!

You can see the screen below, to understand what I mean.

I've seen videos of this airport, and this doesn't happen there!

Any advice for this would be much appreciated......

Peter

Order #229815

EDIT: Problem fixed - Mipmaps! :rolleyes:

post-33308-084140200 1296387611_thumb.jp

Framerate drop between DX10 and DX9 is not related to addons, it's the way FSX works.

The greek letters are not on the roundabout, neither are other things that are pretty far away from the apron as you will understand. Why give you bad fps just to render something that almost no pilot will ever see? ;)

yep i understand. :) yh i know i said it was somthing petty. but it is still a part of the airport. the sign is telling you what it is. lool i know id prob never see the sign. if there was ever to be an update of the product would you consider putting it in? also is there any good airport packs for paphos?

loukas.c

also is there any good airport packs for paphos?

loukas.c

Hi Loukas,

yes there is an excellent scenery for pafos both for fsx and fs9 on www.avsim.com by Max Kraus.

FSX --> http://library.avsim.net/sendfile.php?Location=AVSIM&Proto=ftp&DLID=154027

FS9 --> http://library.avsim.net/sendfile.php?Location=AVSIM&Proto=ftp&DLID=154636

Just bought Larnaca X and installed it successfully but when I open FSX it hasn't appeared in my addon scenery list? It doesn't appear when I go to the airport and yet it shows in my startup menu with visual tool etc.

I went to reinstall and it gave me the option to repair or uninstall

I clicked repair but it still hasn't appeared?

Any ideas?

• Upvote 1

Just bought Larnaca X and installed it successfully but when I open FSX it hasn't appeared in my addon scenery list? It doesn't appear when I go to the airport and yet it shows in my startup menu with visual tool etc.

I went to reinstall and it gave me the option to repair or uninstall

I clicked repair but it still hasn't appeared?

Any ideas?

Did you try adding it manually in the scenery library.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...