Larnaca X Initial Release Issues

Shaun Fletcher

Hello!

Hey, am I the first customer? :lol:

Well, this is just a note, NOT a complain!

I bought Larnaka-X some moments ago and I had a short trip around the airport.

I noticed 2 things:

1 - The frame rates were too slow 5 - 7 fps- very strange cause similar complex sceneries I have run fine

2 - The night lighting of the airport was enabled even during daytime

Basically, the night lighting during daytime tends to get ON at some angles and OFF at other angles.

I don't think anything went wrong with my installation neither have I DX10 enabled

Thanks guys,

the scenery is awesome anyway you see it

post-33308-082807000 1287519032_thumb.jp

post-33308-017440500 1287519066_thumb.jp

Thanks for the feedback. Bad framerate sounds very unlikely as neither me nor any of the testers had any significant change between default and AddOn. Thanks to sparse autogen in the vicinity and the latest tricks to get better fps with FSX even with very high poly counts you should definitely have better fps than on airports in dense areas like Frankfurt, Barcelona, Antalya, London, Paris, Vienna,...

The light fx can sometimes stay visible if you switch from night to day. If this happens reload the scenery or save and reload the flight.

I re-installed the scenery and I can say that the problem with the lights is solved, but still there is a frame rate issue which I can not explain either!

Every other scenery of yours that I own works just fine.

Maybe there is something wrong with my computer and I can not get frames...

Thanks for the help,

Peter :rolleyes:

Hi,

I purchased Larnaca X, installed it into FSX.

On running FSX i saw an issue with the lights around the airport (see image). why does this happen, and is there a fix for it?

Im running REX and also FSX SP2 Accelleration.

Thank you for your time.

Gordy.

UK

System specs. Intel i7-975 Extream, x2 Geforce GTX 480 (SLI), 12Gig Corsair Dominator RAM, Asus P6T V2 Motherboard, 1040W Power Supply, 26" Iiyama Monitor.

post-34705-089889500 1288094069_thumb.jp

Hi,

I have found the problem, within the Aerosoft folder under the start menu within windows, there is an Aerosoft folder, within that is a folder called Larnaca X, run the file Visual-Tools exe file.

Select No for the Display Lighting Cone.

Sorted.

Nice to see you solved the issue. The other way to solve it would have been to take a look into the manual, which is not meant as critics but rather a gentle advice as you can learn more about the visuals tool as well as the airport in general from the manual. ;)

EDIT: I see you run Larnaca X using DX10. It's nice to see people appreciating the fact that we develop certain sceneries in compatibility with the DX10 preview.

November.

just purchased the FSX version of larnaca and tryed to install it into fs9 coz of one of shauns posts that if u buy an fsx product we usually give you the fs9 version free n thats what i expected but now ive waisted money on software i cant use and am not happy that ive been missled of screwed am just wondering what can i do about this if there is anything i can or you can do please let me know asap

• Upvote 1

Just dont pressure.. as Thorsten stated it it will be released after IcelandX is finished... so wait til thats finished then u ll know the FS9 version is close...

• Upvote 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...