Problems with Airbus X and Mega airports: ILS won't work

tup61

I have some big problems with the Aerosoft Airbus X and the Aerosoft Mega-airports Heathrow and Charles de Gaulle: the ILS won't work. The ND simply doesn't show the deviation needle and I overshoot the ILS and get a big red autoland warning... This happened first at Heathrow 9L three times in a row and now it just happened at Charles de Gaulle 27R... It is VERY annyoing not being able to finish flights well... :mad: I spend a few hours on flights that ended in disaster and I hate that... The ILS freq is entered correctly and I do see the ILS diamonds (or whatever you call them) on the PDF, but on the ND I only get the big purple arrow without the deviation needle: only after overshooting the ILS and getting the warning, I suddenly see the deviation needle, but (obviously) on the wrong side...

I was thinking that maybe it had something to do with 1.21, so I uninstalled everything, but 1.20 gives the same problems. Could this be airport related...? Both Heathrow and Charles de Gaulle are useless to me now as a destination and that obviously sucks, because I would like to land there too once in a while...

BTW The weird thing is that I did manage to land on EHAM with the ILS... :huh:

EDIT

Just tested Heathrow 27R: no luck. Tried EHAM 36C again: no problems... Maybe I should forget about the other airports and only land at EHAM...? :wacko:

I have some big problems with the Aerosoft Airbus X and the Aerosoft Mega-airports Heathrow and Charles de Gaulle: the ILS won't work. The ND simply doesn't show the deviation needle and I overshoot the ILS and get a big red autoland warning... This happened first at Heathrow 9L three times in a row and now it just happened at Charles de Gaulle 27R... It is VERY annyoing not being able to finish flights well... :mad: I spend a few hours on flights that ended in disaster and I hate that... The ILS freq is entered correctly and I do see the ILS diamonds (or whatever you call them) on the PDF, but on the ND I only get the big purple arrow without the deviation needle: only after overshooting the ILS and getting the warning, I suddenly see the deviation needle, but (obviously) on the wrong side...

I was thinking that maybe it had something to do with 1.21, so I uninstalled everything, but 1.20 gives the same problems. Could this be airport related...? Both Heathrow and Charles de Gaulle are useless to me now as a destination and that obviously sucks, because I would like to land there too once in a while...

BTW The weird thing is that I did manage to land on EHAM with the ILS... :huh:

EDIT

Just tested Heathrow 27R: no luck. Tried EHAM 36C again: no problems... Maybe I should forget about the other airports and only land at EHAM...? :wacko:

Hello, the only succesful autoland landing that has worked for me in about 12 flights is Adelaide Airport in Australia. Every other airport i have tried with Autoland has the same problems you have encountered or a very hard touchdown so i wouldnt say for sure that it's your Mega-Airports Pack that is causing the main problem. Im just going to keep experimenting and see what can be concluded. I still love flying her manually when she doesnt feel like a tank, its just Autoland would be handy for low visibility approaches etc.

Well, it's not (just) the autoland... It's the ILS! Even for a manual landing an ILS would be VERY handy... The ILS doesn't work no matter what, autoland or manual land...

And it's just those "Mega airports", you tried ILS on other airports and it worked, than you tried it again on mega and it didn't?

It worked on others, yes, but also on Mega EHAM... sad.gif Tonight I will see if Frankfurt also gives me problems.

It worked on others, yes, but also on Mega EHAM... sad.gif Tonight I will see if Frankfurt also gives me problems.

I just have Lisbon X and it works without problems, I'm flying there a lot these days with Airbus X.

I have some big problems with the Aerosoft Airbus X and the Aerosoft Mega-airports Heathrow and Charles de Gaulle: the ILS won't work.

I just landed on Mega Airport Paris Charles De Gaulle 27R (ILS 110,35, Course 266) with the Aerosoft Airbus X and I did not see any problems with the ILS :confused_s:

Roland

OMG How stupid can you be... (I am talking about myself here!!!) :lol: PROBLEM SOLVED!

I like to organize things and make charts and stats and so on to have everything at hand, so I made a chart with all the runways and frequencies for my four mega airports (I only fly on those four with the Airbus X). Just now I found out... I switched the data between EGLL and LFPG...

The thing is (what a coincidence) that BOTH airports have runways called 9L and 9R and 27L and 27R...! What are the odds on that!!! Anyway, because the runways were there on my chart, it never occured to me that I might have switched something... It didn't occur to me until just now that both airports have runways with the same heading... So I have been entering the LFPG freqs at EGLL and vice versa... No wonder things didn't work out...:wub::P

Boy, am I glad I got this one solved...!!!