Lead me to runway?

Hello Gents,

I could have sworn I had an account here, but no record of my email so I get to be a newb all over again :P

Anywho, I can modestly say I have put Aerosoft through college sort of speak (kiddingly of course). I own tons of Aerosoft airports some cities and of course AES as well. I actually hesitate on getting an airport until it has AES support even though I like to think I am very familiar with it, I just ran into something for the first time that I can't imagine isn't an option.

How or Can I have AES lead me to the Active RWY? (Or runway of my choice via menu selection).

I never needed this before since I used a cheap little program called "Follow ME", but recently started using RC4 again and unfortunately the follow car won't show up unless default ATC knows where I'm going. One great thing I love about AES is the fact that when I land, this isn't an issue and I can simply bring up the AES menu and tell it what I'm going to and it leads me there. But if AES can successfully bring me to a small little gate of my choice out of sometimes over 80 choices at one airport, I would imagine it would be a simple task to also bring me to 1 of only a short few runways. Please tell me that I'm just missing the obvious and this option is just hidden somewhere...

Thanks for your time and keep up the great work!

~Dan

• Upvote 1

• Developer

Technically, such a feature is possible, even with a lot of invest of time.

Based on the situation, that this is a absolute unrealistic feature (I don't know any airport, where you are guided by a followme to the runway. A Pilot, who is not able to read the charts and to find the way to the runway himself will not be allowed to fly :D ), it is not on top of my wishlist.

yeah, ummm, ok I guess...

Great 1st encounter I must say. 1st of all, "Realistic"? Ok, I won't even touch that one since there are too many things I could easily and realistically say here.... Lets say this though, that allot of airports AES uses does NOT have airport diagrams/charts available to simmers. You should know that but apparently you must have insider information that some of us simmers don't have.

I am really amazed, but I guess what I was really wanting to know is if I missed it and now I see it wasn't missed, it just doesn't exist. I do afcads and scenery for fun so no, it's not that big a deal at all, too bad it's not on your wishlist, it will however remain on mine until airport scenery companies decide to all produce Airport Diagrams that acurately show the way they made it. Don't give a real world chart if they didn't do it exactly like the chart they're distributing in other words. Most addon airports don't even come with charts, and good luck finding some of the European ones. Not to mention the simple and "Realistic" fact that most people don't want to print out every chart and may have reasons to not run in windowed mode... I guess I'm grateful that Microsoft wasn't thinking realistically when they made FSX. And also glad that little companies use the SDK to create cheap alternatives like "Follow ME". I guess I'll stop using RC4 until they at least do progressive taxi, which has already been said to be incoorporated in RC5...

Anyway, thanks for the answer, but realistically speaking, if Aerosoft released accurate airport diagrams of their airports then we probably wouldn't need to have this discussion (Not just Aerosoft,,, all airport scenery devs).

Technically, such a feature is possible, even with a lot of invest of time.

Based on the situation, that this is a absolute unrealistic feature (I don't know any airport, where you are guided by a followme to the runway. A Pilot, who is not able to read the charts and to find the way to the runway himself will not be allowed to fly :D ), it is not on top of my wishlist.

So in the other direction, a pilot who's not able to read the charts and find the way to the gate himself should not fly? Why are there follow me's at all? And why should they lead you only to the gate and not back to the runway again? I've never seen this, too. And I've never thought about that. But as I do now I don't really understand why. Does anybody?

if Aerosoft released accurate airport diagrams of their airports then we probably wouldn't need to have this discussion

There are plenty of charts and diagrams of airports on the net, Aerosoft shouldn't have to provide them for you.

There are plenty of charts and diagrams of airports on the net, Aerosoft shouldn't have to provide them for you.

You missed the entire point Bruce,,, never mind, enjoy your weekend

You missed the entire point Bruce,,, never mind, enjoy your weekend

Bruce didn't miss anything. As an air traffic controller, I expect airline and corporate pilots to know where the runway is. Period. You can find the chart for just about any airport on the planet on the web. That's just lazy.

Scott

Oh brother... We are talking about a sim, a game. NOT real world. I have been simming since the beginning. I am far from lazy and do not attack me or my posts with such stupidity. He did infact mis my overall point as did you. I was polite and left it at that.

The main issue I have is that like I mentioned, FSX is not real world and a lot of airports as highly detailed as they may be do often change things or not do an airport completely so in those cases and 99% of the others, a real world chart isn't the answer.

Calling it unrealistic to get progressive taxi was my main point. Too much emphasis is put on realism sometimes, and what I was pointing out is it's a good thing that companies like MS didn't feel the same way, or companies like Radar Contact, or the makers of Follow ME, etc.. etc...

I suggest you reread my posts. I was and am a very polite most of the time. 99% of the addons I own are purchased for realism factors and came here to merely see what the key combination was or what I did wrong not to get one. From owning AES and having purchase a ton of credit packs, airports etc... I honestly thought I just missed it since I never needed it. I was shocked that it wasn't an option, then turned off by the way I was insulted after such a nice, complementong post I originally left. You want to attack me? PM me, but if you want to leave useless and insulting comments like you chose to do, I hear youtube is a better place for you.

Oh brother... We are talking about a sim, a game. NOT real world. I have been simming since the beginning. I am far from lazy and do not attack me or my posts with such stupidity. He did infact mis my overall point as did you. I was polite and left it at that.

The main issue I have is that like I mentioned, FSX is not real world and a lot of airports as highly detailed as they may be do often change things or not do an airport completely so in those cases and 99% of the others, a real world chart isn't the answer.

Calling it unrealistic to get progressive taxi was my main point. Too much emphasis is put on realism sometimes, and what I was pointing out is it's a good thing that companies like MS didn't feel the same way, or companies like Radar Contact, or the makers of Follow ME, etc.. etc...

I suggest you reread my posts. I was and am a very polite most of the time. 99% of the addons I own are purchased for realism factors and came here to merely see what the key combination was or what I did wrong not to get one. From owning AES and having purchase a ton of credit packs, airports etc... I honestly thought I just missed it since I never needed it. I was shocked that it wasn't an option, then turned off by the way I was insulted after such a nice, complementong post I originally left. You want to attack me? PM me, but if you want to leave useless and insulting comments like you chose to do, I hear youtube is a better place for you.

Its bad enough to read your postings in the PMDG forum, must you now start your stuff here bashing Oliver/aerosoft because he (and everyone else here) does not think a follow me to a runway is not a high priority or your too lazy to go find charts? You say you have bought all this aerosoft stuff. So you must have some spare cash so invest a few euros and buy charts through navigraph. Good grief man......

• Upvote 3

Eric, seriously,, pull out of me already. I care about your input here 1/10th as much as in the PMDG forum (which puts it even further in the negative numbers). Say what you want, but there is no one more dedicated to helping others in that or many other forums that I frequent. I ask 1 question per 100 or so, if that. Funny how you ALWAYS take up with the stronger side, no matter what it is about. You contridict yourself on the PMDG forum more than anyone I ever seen. You have an issue with me? Like I mentioned above, PM me. You choose to attack me publically I feel I must respond, but honestly I never EVER have dealt with such idiocy before until now. I explained myself above and again forget mention of the charts and focus on the main point. I have been an incredible customer to Aerosoft over the years, and spent more than anyone I know on their airports/scenery/AES etc... I was not in any way bashing anyone, wow your reading skills are incredible. I have the right to voice my opinion and like I said, there are charts that do NOT include a lot of the taxi ways that are in their airports, but again, that is not what my main point was. Attempt to focus for once in a forum and reread.

For the record, since you cannot read. I said what I said because the answer was about "Realism" and my points were 100% valid. The only times I have since come back are in rebuttal to unnecessary bashing.

As I already said " I guess what I was really wanting to know is if I missed it and now I see it wasn't missed, it just doesn't exist. "