Status of Next Patch

Tim Capps

It has been awhile since I have read what is going on to improve the Airbus X. There are still significant problems (broken nav line just one) while, in my opinion, past releases have improved things. I'm not asking a "when" question; just reassurance that Aerosoft recognizes issues that need to be addressed, and is working on something for the reasonably near future.

I'm interested too. I hope the Airbus X won't become a moribund swan. What is with fly-by-wire and a more realstic managed mode? Destination runway on navigation-display...very important for feierabend-pilots and a little bit more realistic. What are you working on for the none advanced version?

Best reagards.

• Upvote 2

If they would be able to fix these problems, in my opinion, they would have already done that. I didn't see anything about any next patch. :ph34r:

first, we need an airbus which fly like an airbus. the airbus x doesnt do that. i never hear from a pilot, he must switch off the fbw to land the bus without nose dip or something like that. next, i have still low fps since V 1.20. Aerosoft promote with low fps!

next, i want to make my own config. i must control the airbus x with my computer mouse, to switch buttons, and so one.

aerosoft is far far away to bring us a fair 40€-product.

I will not search any threads of this forum to resolve any problems !!!!!!!

I will not copy any xml files to increase fps !!!!!!

I will not change the fsxconfig to make a flyable plane !!!!!!

THAT IS THE JOB FROM AEROSOFT !! NOT OURS !!!!

• Upvote 11

I agree with you.

If Aerosoft take FSX as simulator, I hope that They knew all possible errors in FSX (crash..etc). There is some fix on forum !! But, Why We have to do fix myself.

So, I parked my Airbus X and I am wainting to FINALL version of installation. ( Nor crash FSX, No Crash Airbus X, No load TRIKE then Airbus X.... etc)..

So, gentlemen good luck !!

• Upvote 4

You guys that spend your time whining bore me. Take the time to fly this aircraft. It is not perfect but presents a different experience than my PMDG and LDS aircraft. I have learned to anticipate what it will do and plan for it. I have learned that you make minor adjustments when in manual landings. I have learned there are a few WOW moments as I descend to the runway. I have tweaked nothing and have an older Q6600 machine with a cheap video card. My landings have become okay with centerline and under 350FPM.

You whine, I am flying...

• Upvote 3

• Deputy Sheriffs

first, we need an airbus which fly like an airbus. the airbus x doesnt do that. i never hear from a pilot, he must switch off the fbw to land the bus without nose dip or something like that. next, i have still low fps since V 1.20. Aerosoft promote with low fps!

next, i want to make my own config. i must control the airbus x with my computer mouse, to switch buttons, and so one.

aerosoft is far far away to bring us a fair 40€-product.

There should be a KINDER-GARDEN SECTION for which the ranters and whiners could vent their frustrations. If you have nothing constructive to add to the discussions fly someone else's add-on which you don't have to find many complaints to gripe about. Here is the deal all of the add-on that we own have had problems/bug, some greater than some, but with time some issues can be resolved, some other are not always able to address a problem to work the way it is intended to. Now I am not a developer, but I have beta tested many products and still do and I can vouch for all developers that finding the fix to a given problem can be a quick fix or in some cases very lengthy. Especially when some symptoms don't affect the beta test group and only certain flight simmers (it can become a tedious job).

If anyone of you are willing to take the position of the developers and fix the problem n a quicker time, be of good use, offer your assistance or STFU (I know.....speech is free), but some of you guys sound worse than a nagging wife with a severe case PMS. I think that Aerosoft is doing a very good job in trying to tackle the problems and keeping the flight simulator community well aware of the progress (whether it be successful or unsuccessful).

This is a SIMULATION where the goal is to "attempt" to re-create the characteristics of a given aircraft. Unfortunately MicroSoft did not create a solid foundation upon which one is always able to re-create complex systems without going outside the box, and even then things don't always go as planned. Even though this model was not intended to be one of complexity, the developers still had to deal with underlying problems to get where they are today. We all want a bus to do the things that appeal to us most, but like most things it takes time to perfect somethings. Again.....name one FS ADDON that was bug free upon delivery.

Shaun or Mathijs my apologies if anyone thinks I am being too blunt....

Simeon

• Upvote 5

There should be a KINDER-GARDEN SECTION for which the ranters and whiners could vent their frustrations. If you have nothing constructive to add to the discussions fly someone else's add-on which you don't have to find many complaints to gripe about. Here is the deal all of the add-on that we own have had problems/bug, some greater than some, but with time some issues can be resolved, some other are not always able to address a problem to work the way it is intended to. Now I am not a developer, but I have beta tested many products and still do and I can vouch for all developers that finding the fix to a given problem can be a quick fix or in some cases very lengthy. Especially when some symptoms don't affect the beta test group and only certain flight simmers (it can become a tedious job).

If anyone of you are willing to take the position of the developers and fix the problem n a quicker time, be of good use, offer your assistance or STFU (I know.....speech is free), but some of you guys sound worse than a nagging wife with a severe case PMS. I think that Aerosoft is doing a very good job in trying to tackle the problems and keeping the flight simulator community well aware of the progress (whether it be successful or unsuccessful).

This is a SIMULATION where the goal is to "attempt" to re-create the characteristics of a given aircraft. Unfortunately MicroSoft did not create a solid foundation upon which one is always able to re-create complex systems without going outside the box, and even then things don't always go as planned. Even though this model was not intended to be one of complexity, the developers still had to deal with underlying problems to get where they are today. We all want a bus to do the things that appeal to us most, but like most things it takes time to perfect somethings. Again.....name one FS ADDON that was bug free upon delivery.

Shaun or Mathijs my apologies if anyone thinks I am being too blunt....

Simeon

With friends like you, Aerosoft doesn't need whiners.

All I did was politely ask for information on the status of the next patch after acknowledging improvements from the previous ones. A question, by the way, met with vituperation, rather than information. If Airbus X meets your standards, I'm happy for you. There is no need to be insulting to those with higher.

• Upvote 9

Tim,

I am not sure you are the target as many of your posts have been somewhat instructive. But seriously, is a broken nav line a major issue? I would prefer a focus on things such as having the trim in neutral when coming out of autopilot or the tendency to go a little woobley in the last few hundred feet on landing. Of course my pet peeve is those who continue to complain about SIDS and STARs when it was announced early they were not included.

No Aerosoft has not quite delivered a great product yet, but I am having fun with it anyway and hope they will solve some of the more pressing issues. I believe it is flyable and can be tamed. Maybe I enjoy this more than my PMDG's which always behave properly.

• Upvote 2

• Deputy Sheriffs

With friends like you, Aerosoft doesn't need whiners.

All I did was politely ask for information on the status of the next patch after acknowledging improvements from the previous ones. A question, by the way, met with vituperation, rather than information. If Airbus X meets your standards, I'm happy for you. There is no need to be insulting to those with higher.

Tim

My apologies if I offended you, although The post was not directed towards you. There was nothing wrong in your post. Strangely enough, I do not get involved in the posting of threads unless I have a problem that has not been noticed by other simmers. But when folks decide to rant on issues above and beyond the scope it becomes aggravating to read the same BS over and over. If you notice I was specific to the post to which I was referring. Granted some of the verbiage was blunt.

Now when it comes to standards...well I expect them to be to the highest "when and if possible", but if setbacks delay the process of getting there, I can wait. For the few developers that I have worked with they can tell that I am pain in their side until they get everything as advertised working as close as possible to its real world counter part. When I have drained every ounce of blood that I am able to regarding a topic, I can then move on to the next.

There is nothing wrong in asking the way that you did Tim, just didn't care for some of the responses that were added to your post. Again...I know speech is free. Granted forking out hard earned cash for something that does not work as intended out of the box can be can and will yield disappointment. I am also not affiliated with Aerosoft in anyway so I am not covering for them. I am however pleased with the way Shaun and Mathijs handle the forum in keeping the Simmers informed and they sometimes allow feedback on possible solutions.

Regards

Simeon

• Upvote 1

Tim

My apologies if I offended you, although The post was not directed towards you. There was nothing wrong in your post. Strangely enough, I do not get involved in the posting of threads unless I have a problem that has not been noticed by other simmers. But when folks decide to rant on issues above and beyond the scope it becomes aggravating to read the same BS over and over. If you notice I was specific to the post to which I was referring. Granted some of the verbiage was blunt.

Now when it comes to standards...well I expect them to be to the highest "when and if possible", but if setbacks delay the process of getting there, I can wait. For the few developers that I have worked with they can tell that I am pain in their side until they get everything as advertised working as close as possible to its real world counter part. When I have drained every ounce of blood that I am able to regarding a topic, I can then move on to the next.

There is nothing wrong in asking the way that you did Tim, just didn't care for some of the responses that were added to your post. Again...I know speech is free. Granted forking out hard earned cash for something that does not work as intended out of the box can be can and will yield disappo

\intment. I am also not affiliated with Aerosoft in anyway so I am not covering for them. I am however pleased with the way Shaun and Mathijs handle the forum in keeping the Simmers informed and they sometimes allow feedback on possible solutions.

Regards

Simeon

Sorry for my over-reaction. A reasonably-toned request for information did get derailed into some of the usual complaining. The broken nav line is serious, because when it shows up it takes you right out of the sim. But I'm hopeful they are yet working on issues, hence the query. Really the biggest thing is that it would be nice to descend with the airplane having control and get down to where I need to be for approach. We're still higher and faster than we should be, I think.

You whine, I am flying...

I'm flying too! with WILCO AIRBUS A319/320/321. ;)

The flight dynamics of Wilco is at least very close to the flight dynamics of a real Airbus (full simulator experiences). I get angry because Aerosoft promoted with the flight characteristics but i didnt find them. I dont require much. I dont need a very good system description or MCDU with STARS/SID. I will only fly an Airbus, which also feels like (as in the full simulator). Wilco does that! Aerosoft promotes only with empty promises.

P.S. I complain because I was so stupid to buy the download version. I can no longer sell them. So you have to complain.

• Upvote 4

The flight dynamics of Wilco is at least very close to the flight dynamics of a real Airbus (full simulator experiences). I get angry because Aerosoft promoted with the flight characteristics but i didnt find them. I dont require much. I dont need a very good system description or MCDU with STARS/SID. I will only fly an Airbus, which also feels like (as in the full simulator). Wilco does that! Aerosoft promotes only with empty promises.

P.S. I complain because I was so stupid to buy the download version. I can no longer sell them. So you have to complain.

Why can't you sell the downloaded version of Airbus X?

My understanding is that you own a legal serial number and you should be able to sell if you don't want to use it anymore.

Has anybody experience with this?

Why can't you sell the downloaded version of Airbus X?

My understanding is that you own a legal serial number and you should be able to sell if you don't want to use it anymore.

Has anybody experience with this?

Hi,

you cannot sell download versions because the rights has to be transfered to another customer. So, the other customer needs an account at aerosoft too.

That's the one thing. The other thing is that you bought a license for ONE!!!!!!! person. So, only the original customer who bought the product is licensed to use the product, he or she is not allowed to sell it. Thing is, if you legally buy a product, for example an add-on, the developer earns money and with this money he can produces more and better products. So, if you sell it to another person, he gets no further money and he has not the money to continue his work. With the result that no further products are available.

And btw, there is no law given by the german gouverment which controlls sells of customers regarding to download products. <<<---- I've found this out in spring, so maybe there is one now!!!!!

How many licenses you buy if you buy boxed version? One I presume. Can you sell boxed version? Just curious.

All in all I agree, you can't sell downloaded versions, similar to the fact you can't return it either.

And I still don't know what's the status of the next patch? In my opinion, they can't do much more because they are limited with the default bugs and limitations of FBW so that is going to be that... a little pimped default airbus for 40€ . I hope I'm wrong.

Well, don't forget the first part of my sentence... the default systems are often blamed for problems and bugs (autoland, nose up/down, ..) that's the reason I said that. I know that a lot of work went into Airbus X and I appreciate that.. just don't blame default stuff for everything and than be offended if someone says it's just "a little pimped default Airbus". I still like flying it, it's pretty good but it still has some problems.

Hi. I believe there will be further updates but they will come in much slower time now.

Chris

Yep.... I know some guys in California who are laughing at Aerosoft at the moment.... making an airbus with so simple systems and a default FBW was indeed an easy task... (a bit of work on visuals and that's it). Of course trying to make a kind of real airbus would have been much more adventurous... Aerosoft went really down...

Just re-tried wilco...the flight model is really far ahead, a joy to fly, ok the grafics is really poor no doubt on that, but as I come back to the airbus x the feeling is very negative!

Come one guys you have a big chance to realize a good 320, but definitely you have to change a lot of things not only fix the1.21.

Regards

me='Pkay' timestamp='1287390802' post='264666']

• Upvote 1

• Deputy Sheriffs

Calling this "a little pimped" has got to be about as wrong as it gets, so yes, you're wrong.:rolleyes:

Paul,

I agree with it surpasses a little pimped....if compared to the default there are many items simulated that the default does not have.

How are you? A bit off topic here....to stray from some of the banter/complaints. Haven't seen much info on whether the astounding 727 for FS2004 will be updated for FSX. To date I have not seen a 727 that handles the way that yours does. Aside from that it has been an exceptional supplemental training tool for an intorductory Aircraft Dispatch course that I teach to college kids.

Simeon

Paul,

I agree with it surpasses a little pimped....if compared to the default there are many items simulated that the default does not have.

How are you? A bit off topic here....to stray from some of the banter/complaints. Haven't seen much info on whether the astounding 727 for FS2004 will be updated for FSX. To date I have not seen a 727 that handles the way that yours does. Aside from that it has been an exceptional supplemental training tool for an intorductory Aircraft Dispatch course that I teach to college kids.

Simeon

I have also wondered how Paul is doing after retiring from NASCAR racing. :lol:

post-6520-095776100 1287772142_thumb.jpg

post-6520-066468800 1287772158_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 1