Which issues have been really fixed?

conchulio

Hi dear fellow virtual pilots,

i must admit i am not fully up-to-date, as i wasn't really able to fly that thing for a month or so...

however, the day before yesterday i downloaded the new v.1.21 of this thing of beauty but i am a bit puzzled.

Which "bugs" or "issues" have been really solved? I know there is a list of things which "should" have been solved but from those two days of flying i must admit a lot of important things have not, yet.

I am happy that the speedbrakes are now armable perfectly before take-off without problems, i am also happy about the refresh rates and the white boxes at the FMA.

However, i think some crucial issues, which in my opinion should have first-priority, have not, sadly.

- Take-off thrust still is extremely underrated, no matter if FLEX or levers fully forward i nearly always need the whole RWY for take-off, with a very light aircraft AND with fully loaded + FLAP 3.

- Autobrakes do not automatically disarm after roll-out when appliing manual braking. That's particularly uncomfortable if you are between two high speed taxiways and the aircraft stops between them, because you weren't able to "manually" disarm the autobrakes...

- I think i was one of the few people who had absolutey no problems to land that beauty in version 1.0. I actually managed to make the best flares i could think of... however, now i experience the same "wobble and crazy noe-pitching" after disconnecting the autopilot in order to manually land. I'm not sure if the "Improvements" concering the flight characteristics have been a step forward :unsure:

- FD is still just two green bars with no true reason. Whether do they really reflect the vertical nor horizontal path you should fly. When i should turn left at a given point, "I" have to first command the aircraft the fly e.g. left and only THEN does the FD indicates the new heading, althouhg it basically only shows a perfect cross <_<. Long story short, the FD has right now absolutey no function at all. At least not for me.

Well, these are some of the more crucial points i think.

I am quite happy that i did not experience any fps-loss and it's nice to see that you updated the bus so quickyl. I'm sorry if i told you and old story you proabably already know but i think it's better to say it twice that never... huh?

The bus is flyable, no doubt, despite some CTD's i experienced but still, there are some major flaws which reduced the amount of "satisfaction" somehow significantly, especially during take-off and final landing.

I hope this helps you somehow, if not, just ignore it :lol:

p.s.: I did a full, clean install, weather was neutral, tests with fully loaded, empty aircraft, A321 and A320 used, no ASA or anything, airports tested: EGLL, LSZH, EDDN, EDDF, LFPG and LSGG.

Sincerely

Conchi

• Upvote 3

I haven't heard much about the next upgrade. Is there a list of issues it will address? Are we looking at a time frame similar to the previous releases,or are we looking for a long wait?

Hi dear fellow virtual pilots,

i must admit i am not fully up-to-date, as i wasn't really able to fly that thing for a month or so...

however, the day before yesterday i downloaded the new v.1.21 of this thing of beauty but i am a bit puzzled.

Which "bugs" or "issues" have been really solved? I know there is a list of things which "should" have been solved but from those two days of flying i must admit a lot of important things have not, yet.

I am happy that the speedbrakes are now armable perfectly before take-off without problems, i am also happy about the refresh rates and the white boxes at the FMA.

However, i think some crucial issues, which in my opinion should have first-priority, have not, sadly.

- Take-off thrust still is extremely underrated, no matter if FLEX or levers fully forward i nearly always need the whole RWY for take-off, with a very light aircraft AND with fully loaded + FLAP 3.

- Autobrakes do not automatically disarm after roll-out when appliing manual braking. That's particularly uncomfortable if you are between two high speed taxiways and the aircraft stops between them, because you weren't able to "manually" disarm the autobrakes...

- I think i was one of the few people who had absolutey no problems to land that beauty in version 1.0. I actually managed to make the best flares i could think of... however, now i experience the same "wobble and crazy noe-pitching" after disconnecting the autopilot in order to manually land. I'm not sure if the "Improvements" concering the flight characteristics have been a step forward :unsure:

- FD is still just two green bars with no true reason. Whether do they really reflect the vertical nor horizontal path you should fly. When i should turn left at a given point, "I" have to first command the aircraft the fly e.g. left and only THEN does the FD indicates the new heading, althouhg it basically only shows a perfect cross dry.gif. Long story short, the FD has right now absolutey no function at all. At least not for me.

Well, these are some of the more crucial points i think.

I am quite happy that i did not experience any fps-loss and it's nice to see that you updated the bus so quickyl. I'm sorry if i told you and old story you proabably already know but i think it's better to say it twice that never... huh?

The bus is flyable, no doubt, despite some CTD's i experienced but still, there are some major flaws which reduced the amount of "satisfaction" somehow significantly, especially during take-off and final landing.

I hope this helps you somehow, if not, just ignore it :lol:

p.s.: I did a full, clean install, weather was neutral, tests with fully loaded, empty aircraft, A321 and A320 used, no ASA or anything, airports tested: EGLL, LSZH, EDDN, EDDF, LFPG and LSGG.

Sincerely

Conchi

Conchi,

I agree with the items you have listed and they all have been previously noted with the dev team, which are still working on correcting these items. As to the timeframe (future patch and/or an advanced version) for when they will be resoloved is unknown.

With regard to the issue "- Take-off thrust still is extremely underrated, no matter if FLEX or levers fully forward i nearly always need the whole RWY for take-off, with a very light aircraft AND with fully loaded + FLAP 3. " there is a work around to get the bus give you full power during the takeoff and not reduce it during the climb out -

1. in the MCDU do not enter a FLEX temp

2. on the runway before advancing the the throttles to TOGA right click and then left click the SPD knob.

Bob

Hello Conchi,

Theres a list of tweaks and fixes that come out with the updates and should all have been mentioned on the forum posts!

Well I am a new customer, and I have to say that the information on the status of this addon is not so easily located as I have to shift through several parts of the forum (is my problem flight, systems or just simply airbusx related?).

Anyway, I have version 121 which I bought and downloaded this weekend, and I have all of the problems listed in the OP. I am also unsure of wether Aerosoft knows exactly what problems exist and what their causes are - and wether I should start beta testing their product?

Sincerely,

Andreas Stangenes

... and wether I should start beta testing their product?

...that´s not necessary, of course all the listed bugs (and some more) have been found during the beta-phase. I´m sure further fixes will follow...

But maybe some things, which are related to FSX-default-systems (engine-logic, FBW etc) can only be solved with an advanced version.

Timo

...that´s not necessary, of course all the listed bugs (and some more) have been found during the beta-phase. I´m sure further fixes will follow...

But maybe some things, which are related to FSX-default-systems (engine-logic, FBW etc) can only be solved with an advanced version.

Timo

Then it's about time that this "advanced version" gets tackled. While I understand the initial aerosoft statement that this is supposed to be some "casual" A3xx sim, it's a very good basis and deserves to be extended to also appeal to hardcore simmers.

I'd definitely be willing to pay quite some bucks for an advanced version that combines the really beautiful virtual cockpit and model with deeply and accurately simulated systems.

The first thing we'd need is an improved MCDU which allows for SIDs, STARs, RWY selections etc.