Vario sound issue

rocky

Hi guys, first of all let me thank you for producing such a fantastic product as the Discus. I have had many hours of enjoyment on my XC's! However, I have found myself becoming increasingly involved with FSX and because of that have expanded my enjoyment by using lots of add ons. The issue I am concerned with, is while flying above Walter Sutton's airstrip ( FTX Orbx add on airport) I suddenly became aware of a very annoying aspect of the vario. As the vario was 'singing' while gaining any height, there was a very audible background sound that almost sounded like a steam train which was in rythym with the sound of the vario! You could clearly hear the vario but there was this irritating sound going on in the background! I look forward to the possibility of someone knows the answer! Thanks...

Is the background noise only while flying above Walter Sutton's airstrip?

The vario itself is only telling FSX to play a 'vario up' or 'vario down' wav file, so there aren't too many possibilties there. Was your wheel down maybe - that has an additional sound associated with it that becomes more noticable with speed.

B21

• 1 month later...

Is the background noise only while flying above Walter Sutton's airstrip?

The vario itself is only telling FSX to play a 'vario up' or 'vario down' wav file, so there aren't too many possibilties there. Was your wheel down maybe - that has an additional sound associated with it that becomes more noticable with speed.

B21

Hiya, sorry for the delay in responding. Not sure, I have had other issues since then that I have been trying to resolve. I will test and see. Thanks...