Missing sound

Alexair

Hello y'all,

I am having sound problem with AES 2.08.

I can hear all sound but the followings:

- No passengers boarding sound.

- No passengers deboarding sound.

- No jetway siren.

- No vehicules sounds.

I don't have ActiveCamera installed (as I read in different posts that it might interfere).

I setup all sounds with AES configuration tool to the MAX.

Where else the problem could come from??

Thanks for your help...

Alex

Can you check you Windows speaker config, if the "WAVE" Slider is on

Hello Oliver,

Thank you for your help...

After a thorough check, I don't have WAVE slider on SOUND options. I have Vista 64.

I've checked several forums and I follow some users posts by checking "Show disabled device" but still no WAVE slider.

I have 2 icons on the bottom left bar: Speaker realtek (for sound sliders and mixer) and another one for realtek settings (all kind of sounds options) but no Wave either.

Alex

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

Still no sound at all. All sound sliders all the way to the max.

I am using also 'FlightDeck SFX Panel' which is a freeware gauge that is playing WAVE sounds during the flight and this soft is working just fine so I don't think it is because of WAVE sliders not ON.

Can you help me find out the problem please?

Thanks for your help.

Alex

Did you hear the Sounds of the ground staff, when you park at the position or while pushback?

Yes I can hear that all the time with no problem, I can hear also the flight attendant saying that the cabin is ready for boarding and that the boarding is completed but not the other sound as described on my first post. I have set all sound to MAX in AES parameter.

Alex

• Developer

About which FS wie are talking?

Did you hear the car/Jetways sounds in the outside view?

All sounds are generated the same way, so you windows settings are ok.

The Jetways/Vehicle and Boardingsounds are distance controlled, so when the settings (inside/outside) are correct, the sounds are controlled by the view distance to the object.

About which FS wie are talking?

Did you hear the car/Jetways sounds in the outside view?

All sounds are generated the same way, so you windows settings are ok.

The Jetways/Vehicle and Boardingsounds are distance controlled, so when the settings (inside/outside) are correct, the sounds are controlled by the view distance to the object.

I have FS9.1 on a Vista 64 Acer Predator PC with 8Go memory.

No I don't hear the vehicule either even very close to them.

What is strange is that after more test I had the sound playing sometimes but no more than 5% of the time.

So to resume:

- ALL sounds are playing normally EXCEPT :

- No passengers boarding sound.

- No passengers deboarding sound.

- No jetway siren.

- No vehicules sounds.

BUT I had those sound played about 5% of the time and most of the time they just stop playing (ex: siren sound from jetway just stop playing in middle of retracting). This happen on any airport with AES.

Alex

• Developer

Based on the situation, that this Sounds will be "distance controlled", it is maybe possible, that any other ADDon you have installed, will effect the Viewpoint (your eyepostion) in a way, that the soundcalculation fails (as by Active Camera, when the settings are wrong). I can't say you, what a addon this could be.

Based on the situation, that this Sounds will be "distance controlled", it is maybe possible, that any other ADDon you have installed, will effect the Viewpoint (your eyepostion) in a way, that the soundcalculation fails (as by Active Camera, when the settings are wrong). I can't say you, what a addon this could be.

The only add-on installed that might affect the eyeposition from outside is Flight 1 View module. But I don't hear those sounds from inside the 2D panel either. Also this problem occur with default aircraft as well.

Alex

The only add-on installed that might affect the eyeposition from outside is Flight 1 View module. But I don't hear those sounds from inside the 2D panel either. Also this problem occur with default aircraft as well.

Alex

I have found the culprit of the sound issue:

AUTOWER

It is a DLL module that put automatically the view tower at the closest airport from the aircraft during the whole FS session.

I remove the DLL and now everything is just working fine.

So, you can add this program to the list of trouble maker with AES.

Details:

AUTOWER ver.2.1.1 May 2010 by Christoph Langguth

http://christoph.rosenkeller.org/fs/autower/

Alex

• 4 weeks later...

I have found the culprit of the sound issue:

AUTOWER

It is a DLL module that put automatically the view tower at the closest airport from the aircraft during the whole FS session.

I remove the DLL and now everything is just working fine.

So, you can add this program to the list of trouble maker with AES.

Details:

AUTOWER ver.2.1.1 May 2010 by Christoph Langguth

http://christoph.ros...org/fs/autower/

Alex

Hi folks,

I found this thread by coincidence, so sorry if I'm hijacking anything here.

I'm the author of autower. Honestly, I'm really puzzled to see that AES gets confused by autower. The *only* thing that my program does is set the tower reference position - why on earth would AES sounds be affected by this?

I mean, AES seems to be an absolutely astonishing product. Still, it should not be influenced by variables that have absolutely nothing to do with its purpose?

(This obviously seems to be the same situation for ActiveCamera as well)

To me, this seems like a bug in AES, rather than the other programs ("troublemakers", as you call them :) ). I don't really think it's fair to discredit other programs because they are doing what they are supposed to do...

This is not a rant, but a genuine proposal to solve this problem. It would be a pity if add-ons that are completely orthogonal in terms of functionality would not be able to co-exist. If anybody (Aerosoft/AES developers?) can shed some light on this, I'd be grateful. I am willing to sort this out, and possibly even implement a workaround in autower (if possible at all, because, as I said, I'm touching exactly *one* variable, the tower position) -- or, better yet, have this solved for good in AES.

If anyone has some constructive thoughts, please let me know...

Cheers,

Chris

• Developer

Hi Chris,

I don't think, that we talk about any "Bug" here. As in many cases in FS, things are sometimes more complex then it looks on the first view. You say, you only change the position of the towerview point, but maybe the FS will do more internally, so that this has an effect to other applications. I can't say what is happen here, I only can try to explain what may can happen:

AES uses the Intelliscene Modules to play sounds, as AES is running and controlled by the code in the scenery Engine, it need some helpermodules for this sound features.

IS itself will use standard API's and Directx to play the sound, I don't think that there is the base of the problem.

But, all sounds which are effected here (by your application or AC) will be such sounds, where the volumes is controlled by the distance of the Users-Viewpoint to the Objectpostion of the soundsource. This means, that IS will get the LAT/LON Position of the Soundsource every frames and will calc the distance to the users Viewpoint. Based on this distance it will calculate the volumes of the sound and will reduce or increase this.

I think, that the change of the Towerviewpoint in your application (and the camera viewpoint in AC) has an effect to the routine of getting the usersviewpoint for IS, maybe IS will now get your Towerviewpoint instead of the users Viewpoint, so that the distancecalulation get the wrong value and the sound is reduced to 0 volume, the result is, that the users as no sounds.

I would expect, at you change the towerviewpoint every frame (or very often), so that you effect this routines every time. Maybe it is possible to change this, so that you don't write the Toerposition every time, maybe it is possible to write it only once (when it is wrong and need to change). In this case, you may never effect the IS Routine, because your change is done before any sounds are played.

Active Camera as a setting, which effect and prevent this situation, maybe it is possible for you to change this too, so that the effect will not happen, but the towerpoint is changed too. You know better what you are doing, so I hope this infos will help you to find a workaround.

Hi Oliver,

thanks for the quick reply!

I think, that the change of the Towerviewpoint in your application (and the camera viewpoint in AC) has an effect to the routine of getting the usersviewpoint for IS, maybe IS will now get your Towerviewpoint instead of the users Viewpoint, so that the distancecalulation get the wrong value and the sound is reduced to 0 volume, the result is, that the users as no sounds.

Hmmm... yes, that sounds like an explanation, even though it's still somewhat strange, because it would mean that the tower position and user viewpoint are somehow interfering. Just to be clear -- I assume that AES itself doesn't use the tower for anything, right? All sounds should be originating from the user AC or somewhere around it, I guess.

I would expect, at you change the towerviewpoint every frame (or very often), so that you effect this routines every time. Maybe it is possible to change this, so that you don't write the Toerposition every time, maybe it is possible to write it only once (when it is wrong and need to change). In this case, you may never effect the IS Routine, because your change is done before any sounds are played.

Well, this is what I'm doing actually. I'm periodically reading the user's AC position (every 5 seconds per default) and calculating where the tower should be. But I'm only actually setting it when it should be changed....

Active Camera as a setting, which effect and prevent this situation, maybe it is possible for you to change this too, so that the effect will not happen, but the towerpoint is changed too. You know better what you are doing, so I hope this infos will help you to find a workaround.

I really wonder how they did this ;)

Anyway, thanks for the infos. I'll install the newest version (is it still free to try at EDDN?) and see if I can reproduce the problem and possibly solve it.

Cheers,

Chris

• 3 months later...

Just a short update on this:

I have finally digged into it and found out that autower is not causing the problem, but merely triggering an existing bug in AES.

I found a way to reproduce the problem in a completely pristine FS9+AES installation (i.e., absolutely no other addons installed), which proves that autower is not to blame for the problem, but that there is indeed a bug in AES itself, or in components it uses (Vistamare).

The detailed bug description has been sent to the Aerosoft support address. I'm confident that the issue will be resolved soon, but I'm afraid that only a new version of AES can fix it.

Cheers,

Chris