Some quirks on V1.21

Maxloading

When I insert the frequency /course on the ILS I have to click 3 times before it Shows up.(worked ok on previous versions)

When I insert the wind 250/09 it shows 000/09.

TOD. When I select a lower FL for the descent at the TOD nothing happens, I have to do it manually and then click on manage mode to continue. At Fl140 on managed mode, I put FL100 and click on the managed mode again the a/c descends normally.

Finally the clock. On take off it starts fine, but when I land it it rests to 0.Can we keep the time it landd , thks

AlainV

Guys, I've not noticed your issues but will try and test it over the weekend.

Note for the ILS you only have to put in the freq or the prefix i.e. ISX (Rwy22 Stansted) and then enter the course. Maybe this will work better for you.

As for the TOD; the lower flight level needs to be entered prior to TOD i.e. when cruising at FL330 enter FL200 and push the alt button. Then at the TOD the descent will start automatically. Nothing will happen automatically if you do it at TOD or after.

Chris

Guys, I've not noticed your issues but will try and test it over the weekend.

Note for the ILS you only have to put in the freq or the prefix i.e. ISX (Rwy22 Stansted) and then enter the course. Maybe this will work better for you.

As for the TOD; the lower flight level needs to be entered prior to TOD i.e. when cruising at FL330 enter FL200 and push the alt button. Then at the TOD the descent will start automatically. Nothing will happen automatically if you do it at TOD or after.

Chris

Thanks, I will try it later on

I had this issue on my last flight. I was able to enter the frequency ok, but when I entered the course (266) it showed up as 000 and I had to click 3 times before it would accept.

I had this issue on my last flight. I was able to enter the frequency ok, but when I entered the course (266) it showed up as 000 and I had to click 3 times before it would accept.

Same problem here, also the ILS frequency on copilots panel flickers with V1.21.

OK, I tried the TOD again, putting a lower FL and clicking on the managed altitude, nothing happened. I have to push EXPED to make it work.I used 10 and 20 nm before the TOD just to check different distances.

AlainV

I have the same problem: I need to click a few times before the ILS freq is accepted. Same for the crs. I also once had that OTHER numbers were entered...! Very weird. For instance I typed 87 and got 34 (or something like that).

I wondered if this has to do with Mega airport Heatrhow, because someone else posted he had problems with ILS 9L. I've done two flight to Heathrow and both times I had to land on 9L and both times the Airbus X wouldn't intercept the ILS: it just flew passed it and then gave a warning message (the big red AUTOLAND light flashed). Odd. The next time I will fly somewhere else to see if this is a problem with the Airbus 1.21 or Heathrow.

BTW Due to this problem I had to do my first manual landing with the Airbus X: it went prefectly well, to my amazement!

Some impressions from the flight did yesterday (some problems perhaps mentioned also in other topics):

1. please implement a small feature to clean DEP/ARR in order to be able to program correctly MCDU also for the returning flight (it is not clear with CLR or if I press right 1 key)

2. for the returning flight, no f-pln was displayed on the ND (ARC mode selected) if range was under 40nm (it started to be displayed later on, step by step)

3. if from FPLN a fix is removed, altitudes were not re-calculated correctly, values much higher were displayed

4. I flew from LRTR to LROP, I was using the charts for both. I noticed that the altitudes on the MCDU was higher than in the charts (I programmed myself the MCDU), as example final fix is 2500ft in the chart, 3600ft on the MCDU. That implied to use selected mode for VS instead of managed mode so a complete managed descent it is not possible, some approximation or experience is required to have a proper descent rate (so you have to adjust more often the VS value, otherwise you could descent too soon or too late, here you can miss the GS slope...). Of course, life will be easier if SPD and ALT constraints would be possible to be introduced...

5. I have the nose dive (not very significant) but it is controllable (if you are prepared)

6. Unfortunately I didn't manage to look to the spoilers on landing(outside or on the ECAM) if they are deployed, on the replay they are not, it is just a problem of replay? (I will check this point again)

7. I am the only one here who thinks that the braking after landing is too fast (even on LO set)?

So as a conclusion, there are still these kind of minor glitches, plane is flyable, hopefully these will be fixed in the future too.

Hello, same problem for me with the TOD : I made what you say but nothing happend , the bird continue to fly with the same altitude

I try 20 times in different fly and it's work just one time... but i don't know why....dry.gif

For me it is also working only with EXP (which normally it is not used by pilots during normal flights...but ok, here Aerosoft is using it differently than in the real Airbus, especially for the descent start trigger).