Manual Landing Tip 1.21: No wobble no nosedive

HopeFly

I was, initially, as disappointed and confused as you are. Then I dug deeper in to how to fly the FBW-system and got a better grip on the whole matter. I, as an "old fashion pilot", realized that you have to handle the aircraft in an almost completely different manner than would you do in a conventional aircraft. You have to rely on the computers, to put it simple. Anyway; you don´t need to disable the FBW-system but there is still a couple of bugs and programmer´s are referring to default functions in FSX, and that might be the matter, I don´t know. Anyway, the bird performs a quite distinct nose-up when you disconnect the AP on final and that´s quite annoying. If you are a moderately experienced pilot, you can compensate for that behaviour by disabling the AP with a good margin, i.e something like 10 nm/2500 ft before touchdown. Be prepared for some oddities anyhow. When those are over, you can fly the bird with the typical FBW-technique and manage to make the center on the runway 100 times out of 100. Realistic? Hardly. But overall, this aircraft simulation is fantastic and I guess that the bugs that still are annoying us will be fixed, sooner or later.

Just 1 thing hole flight whit out turning on autopilot in the test and it did it nose down locked flight controles. and you cant do anything as the fligt controles locks had to fly from out side to se it and no response. UPDATE have located the problem is between 100 and 400 ft both landing and departure

Just 1 thing hole flight whit out turning on autopilot in the test and it did it nose down locked flight controles. and you cant do anything as the fligt controles locks had to fly from out side to se it and no response. UPDATE have located the problem is between 100 and 400 ft both landing and departure

Don't take this the wrong way, but try getting a decent controller.

There's no reason for the behaviour you describe........."locked flight controls" simply doesn't happen :rolleyes:

Don't take this the wrong way, but try getting a decent controller.

There's no reason for the behaviour you describe........."locked flight controls" simply doesn't happen :rolleyes:

well it does happen and have nothing to do whit my stick as runed whit FSUIPC before re-instal no problem. tryeid it whit yoke joystick same happens. so plz stop there is an problem just have to find out what cause it, as i have been working on for some time, therfor i started whit creating a version whit out FBW as it worked whit out now just tryeing to locate problem whit FBW on. because keyboard comands semms to work some times at that altitude stage down to 200 ft then it locks between 200 and 100 ft.

well an update on test progress. have found that if i turn elac 1 off it works as it should at landing not departure (no lock effect only the known reset at 100-200 ft) . another thing to do is turn off Flight director as that does the trick both at departure and landing (no lock effect only the known reset at 100-200 ft). so if any whit the problem just would try a departure and landing at EKCH default airport and turn FD off to se if it works for you to. just to confirm your sim act the same way.

Folks just in regards to a few of your comments about the nosedive on shortfinal.....

I fly an A330 for a living and very much enjoy messing about with flightsim X in my spare time so when Aerosoft brought out this fantastic product, I was very excited needless to say. Then when I attempted my first landing with the 320 into Phuket, the aircraft entered into an irrecoverable nosedive on short final at roughly 400ft. Refering this to the real world, this is not a normal airbus fault as in my 6 years of flying the 330, we have never come across this problem in an approach configuration. This is definately a programming fault that needs to be rectified as it really does put a dampener on people's spirits when they've had an uneventful flight only to plough their shiny new bus nose first into the runway.

Having said that, is everyone recommending disengaging the SEC1? When would be an appropriate time? On capture of the glideslope/localiser? What if you are approaching a field with no ILS equipment and need to manually fly a long final? Disengage the SEC1 upon disengaging the a/p?

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Thanks guys!

Folks just in regards to a few of your comments about the nosedive on shortfinal.....

I fly an A330 for a living and very much enjoy messing about with flightsim X in my spare time so when Aerosoft brought out this fantastic product, I was very excited needless to say. Then when I attempted my first landing with the 320 into Phuket, the aircraft entered into an irrecoverable nosedive on short final at roughly 400ft. Refering this to the real world, this is not a normal airbus fault as in my 6 years of flying the 330, we have never come across this problem in an approach configuration. This is definately a programming fault that needs to be rectified as it really does put a dampener on people's spirits when they've had an uneventful flight only to plough their shiny new bus nose first into the runway.

Having said that, is everyone recommending disengaging the SEC1? When would be an appropriate time? On capture of the glideslope/localiser? What if you are approaching a field with no ILS equipment and need to manually fly a long final? Disengage the SEC1 upon disengaging the a/p?

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Thanks guys!

What version are you using? Although the first few versions were a bit dodgy on final, I rarely see/feel any issue at all with the current one..........apart from the big pitch wobble when disconnecting the AP, but that's a seperate issue. Just to clarify; at what altitude did you disconnect the AP?

As for SEC1. Turning this off can be done at any point and is effectively disabling the way MS "featured" FBW in FSX i.e. it returns the flight model to something like a Boeing with manual trim and no flight envelope protections.

+1

As I´ve wrote in another thread I still get the nose dive issue in Ver. 1.21. This is on a clean FSX install, so no older Version of Airbus X was installed before. Disabling the FD solves this problem on my computer.

Oh I forgot, to tell I get nose dives not only on short final, but also when the aircraft reaches the preset altitude in the mcp. Again, disabling the FD solves this.

Ok sound like i found 1 of the main things there cause it. but at some point i might think the reason might be some files or something that remains when updating from version 1.0 as it works like the newest update but havent the other updates anymore. Paul Golding updated and i did the same and dident find problems but sadly i dident try whit out FSUIPC. Another thing i stil woundering why changes is that first i instaled the latest version 1.21 then i could use max brake and you know when manualy braking after landing it turns of then delt all and got back to version 1.0 then it dosent work the same happens if delt again and instal the latest but stil remains on. and whit the latest update before i reinstaled windows where it worked whit FSUIPC i remember the system also diden turn off so mabee there is some thing left behind. just a fought. and would try later some more test just reinstaled windows again and would try again.

To be honest, this "nose dive", "nose wobble" topic is now getting a bit bloody silly!

I don't doubt that some people are experiencing something they didn't expect, but, if it's not happening to the beta testers, it'll be a hard "problem" to solve.

We need details of exactly what is happening. Posting in a forum with something emotional like "my Airbus dives in to the ground - fix it" is 100% useless. Sorry, but it is. In a recent thread on this I even gave a user the exact settings to follow and report back on. Instead, he simply did something else and said he had a problem still! No good at all.

You may not realize it, but different versions have had the "flare" simulation coded at different heights to see if it improved the experience for users and when somebody claims to see their Airbus dive into the ground at 200ft, I know for a fact that it didn't, not from 200ft. That in itself makes the rest of any user report somewhat questionable.

Have you noticed that most people don't even bother to state which Airbus is causing a problem. I mostly use the BA A320 and never experience what people are reporting in terms of dives, loss of control etc.........maybe they're seeing this on the A321 CFM, but how would anyone know?

Tonight, I'm going to uninstall and manually delete everything to do with the Airbus and do a re-install from a fresh download. Then, I will start a new thread to see where we can get with this issue. I might even see if anyone at Aerosoft can get me some admin rights in the forum so I can just delete posts that clutter the issue with little or no facts.

Now after the re-instal i started whit version 1.0 and no locked controls when FD is on would try instaling the 1.21 and see what happens.

This could be interesting. Can you make sure you test with the same model each time though........and say which one of course :D

UPDATE for an unknown reason it only happende at the first flight the nose down now it seemed more satbile. so try it out people els it could only be that version 1.0 have to be instaled first as now i have no problems yet other then some other things i had whit FSUIPC on such as up down effect when ap turned off.

Hi again all, sorry Paul if I am cluttering this thread with useless information to yourself...but something is just not right mate. Ok so I have tried with all available A320 aircraft....haven't yet tried with the 321. Have installed the latest version 1.22. Manually landing on short final the aircraft enters into a dive between 200 and 300ft. The only way to recover is TOGA. The elevators are rendered useless when the dive occurs. I am at my wits end coz I am yet to complete a successful flight. It's a beautiful aircraft and it seems a little inexplainable that some users are having issues with it and others aren't. Hopefully we'll be able to come back unanimously and commend Aerosoft on a great job once the aircraft flies and lands the way it should be.

On a different note, an A330 addon with the same sort of detail would be MINT! I am loving the cockpit lights at night. Very realistic!

Cheers

Ash

well went back to my version of flyeing whit out FBW and found that if i only remove this line "1 (> L:AP_disc_FBW, bool)" in the AP1Disp.xml, it stil get up and down effect but not more then my previus version and would be more realistic as i think that iswhit in what would bee seen in real plane. and easy to get control of. as whit the newest version it nearly goes from 2.5 degre to nearly 10 degree nose up then nose donw that is how it was befor my delt wery hard to control. so have attached it if other would try. just place it like this FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft Airbus X A320 CFM\Panel\AB_Systems (for niki plane location so not working whit other planes then the planes in the CFM folder) but should be abel to delt the line manualy in the other folders to prevent faults by copy paste. but rember to crate backups

AP1Disp.xml

Just tried the Edelweiss at KATL (yeah, I know). The moment the "400" announcement comes the plane dives and is completely unresponsive to controls. This is with 1.22.

ok have you the first version 1.0 and upgradet to now or just instaled the latest ? or in other words what was the first version you got

Just tried the Edelweiss at KATL (yeah, I know). The moment the "400" announcement comes the plane dives and is completely unresponsive to controls. This is with 1.22.

Tim (and Ash above),

What controller are you using and are you using FSUIPC?

Also, do you know what weight (or % load and fuel) was being used and were you at VAPP when this happened.

I'm assuming this is flying a manual approach.

There's obviously an issue, but, not for all.

Last night I flew repeated circuits using the Edelweiss A320 with 50% pax and cargo and 20% fuel and even threw in some turbulence to keep it interesting and I swear I greased every landing under full control all the way down.

If it makes any difference, I start FSX with a saved flight at Stansted using the default 737 with engines running already, load the A320, set the loadings via the manager utility, set radios and lights etc and take-off i.e. I am not using the MCDU to set aircraft state and I'm using a X-52 with no FSUIPC and all default controller settings.

We need to find out what we are doing differently to have a chance of finding the cause of this so give what I do a try.

On the plus side, I now see that the AB will disengage after landing using the brakes; up until now I've been brought to an embarrassing halt on the runway every time.

Also, the pitch change on disengaging the AP; whilst this is still very obvious (even if only momentary) at higher speeds, I discovered that if this is done at say 180 kts, my altitude only changed +/- 20 ft i.e. it's not an issue because you're typically going to be using the AP until on approach anyway.

Hi again all, sorry Paul if I am cluttering this thread with useless information to yourself...but something is just not right mate. Ok so I have tried with all available A320 aircraft....haven't yet tried with the 321. Have installed the latest version 1.22. Manually landing on short final the aircraft enters into a dive between 200 and 300ft. The only way to recover is TOGA. The elevators are rendered useless when the dive occurs. I am at my wits end coz I am yet to complete a successful flight. It's a beautiful aircraft and it seems a little inexplainable that some users are having issues with it and others aren't. Hopefully we'll be able to come back unanimously and commend Aerosoft on a great job once the aircraft flies and lands the way it should be.

On a different note, an A330 addon with the same sort of detail would be MINT! I am loving the cockpit lights at night. Very realistic!

Cheers

Ash

Can you look at my reply to Tim please Ash.

http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?showtopic=39564&view=findpost&p=268550

well Tim Capps did you between the updates at any stage goeing from new to older versions? as my result was by instaling the 1.21 patch dident work then got back stil dident help. but after reinstal version 1.0 instaled no poblem either whit uptae 1.21 right after. found another thing i found required un-install old version shut down pc. start pc and instalation shut down and start pc and fly. By the way do you run FS as admin all the time.

but first tell Paul Golding what happens that is a good way to stard.

Els if he dont see it, i would say do your self a favor compleatly reinstall windows and delt all files in the patention you have now whit an older windows and instal the older windows and remove patention right after then instal the windows you want to use. els there would stil be some files left as old files in windows and had some problems. i always do it that way.

(just find some thing to save the 1.0 version on so you have that 1 but i just wounder why if you had the same problem whit 1.0)

but hopefuly i soon be abel to tell if a compleat clean mashine would work just by instaling version 1.22 as the test yesterday was 1.0 then go to 1.22. as now cheking on anoter system

well ok first flight seems to be ok my test systems are win 7 64bit and vista 64 bit. vista was used for the latest test here. would say it felt in some way easyer to pulback when the reset happens at a few hundred ft on win7 system used for test yesterday just have to chek up on 1 think that mabee have an effect. the line from earlyer today would try delt it on the other system now and report back but all in all it seems to work whit clean windows instal and just start whit version 1.22