Manual Landing Tip 1.21: No wobble no nosedive

HopeFly

version 1.22 ? a new update?

Yep it is an update go visit your download page there you find the newest one 1.22.

as update on my previus it works the same way i would say now as whit test from yesterday.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

I'm new to here and have just brought this Airbus X product (my first payware aircraft!!). Awesome, although I need a bit of practise on the systems!!

However, as I have read on this forum, I have 1 major qualm....

A 400 feet, on manual landing after some practise circuits, on profile perfectly, I keep getting the call 400 feet, then get a sudden nosedive, which is impossible to pull out of until the last 20 ft. I'm having no troubles with wobble or anything but am just really annoyed with the dive.:angry:

Here is what i've noticed, and it seems to be the key to a good landing.

ANY airports lower than 400 feet that I attempt to land at I get the nosedive, but any airports above 400 feet I grease the landings at. Is the height above sea level, and hence the altimeter setting the problem?? I believe so. For example at Melbourne Tullamarine, no problems. But at my favourite airport of Christchurch International New Zealand, the aircraft nosedives straight into the ground at 400 foot.(Height there is around 50-100 foot I believe).

Any help would be awesome!!:lol:

Thanks.

Hi,

I'm new to here and have just brought this Airbus X product (my first payware aircraft!!). Awesome, although I need a bit of practise on the systems!!

However, as I have read on this forum, I have 1 major qualm....

A 400 feet, on manual landing after some practise circuits, on profile perfectly, I keep getting the call 400 feet, then get a sudden nosedive, which is impossible to pull out of until the last 20 ft. I'm having no troubles with wobble or anything but am just really annoyed with the dive.:angry:

Here is what i've noticed, and it seems to be the key to a good landing.

ANY airports lower than 400 feet that I attempt to land at I get the nosedive, but any airports above 400 feet I grease the landings at. Is the height above sea level, and hence the altimeter setting the problem?? I believe so. For example at Melbourne Tullamarine, no problems. But at my favourite airport or Christchurch International New Zealand, the aircraft nosedives straight into the ground at 400 foot.(Height there is around 50-100 foot I believe).

Any help would be awesome!!:lol:

Thanks.

I don't believe that is the issue..............well it's not at the below 400ft airports I've used anyway.

Could you give this a try and see what happens?

http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?showtopic=40555

I don't believe that is the issue..............well it's not at the below 400ft airports I've used anyway.

Could you give this a try and see what happens?

http://www.forum.aer...showtopic=40555

Hi Paul,

While reading through other posts, I found that turning the FLT CTL switches to all off works, no nosedive or anything. As you said, this is a bit Boeing-ish(which I don't mind!!), but will work well for me until I become slightly more advanced in my knowledge of this particular aircrafts systems, and can complete your test.

Thanks heaps anyway, nice of you to reply so quickly!!:D

Cheers,

Joe. :lol:

In the beginning of my airbus x "era", I was disabling FBW to be able to fly the bird like I fly a conventional ac. However, this is not necessary. If you fly by the "rules" of flying FBW, you will not experience the nosedown phenomenon. I have previously attached a real life video clip that clearly demonstrates the different way to fly fbw vs conventional maneuvering systems. You will still have a problem when disengaging the AP on final and that problem is quite the opposite, ie the plane flares out and seems (for about a couple of seconds) not responding to steering inputs. However, if you manipulate the joystick carefully, eg in rollplane or pitchplane, the ac will return to your exact control. This is of course not realistic but on the other hand, you will then be able to continue without problem right down to touchdown. And ther is nothing bad with training for a manual (ie without assistance from the ap and at) final and touchdown instead of the pilot-hostile manner with autolandings....

What a lot of nonsense FBW or conventional it makes no difference if the aircraft wont respond to pilot input instantly then it as good as a lead balloon,i have flown a 320 full flight simulator and indeed been on the jumpseat on the real thing the only problems new pilots seem to have converting to the airbustype logic is over control in the roll axis when landing as the lack of feedback on the sidestick make this difficult however the aircraft if anything is indeed more responsive than convention flight controls.There is no other problem i have heard of with FBW or indeed any different landing proceedure with the afore mentioned problem being pilot induced not a fault with FBW.

There is deffo a serious bug on the flight control systems on this baby,wayyyyyy tooo much delay in input responses the nose dive is inevitable if the damm plane wont respond to timely control inputs,the aircraft can be landed in perfect conditions ie no weather no turbulence,perfect glide slope capture (which is another issue i seem to have) and unlimited frame rates in fsx and as someone posted earlier anticipation of the control delay,try this at minimums in bad weather at night on a non precision approach................... it a shame as i truely love flying this wonderful aircraft,pls try and sort this aerosoft still all said a great aircraft i find now i dont realy want to fly anything else despite the typical abrupt to every flight lol.

Despite the bugs, that for sure are present when it comes to how the aircraft response on rudder inputs , I don´t agree with you. I can land this bird in full instrumental conditions, with crosswind components, without more trouble than say Wilco PIC 737. I, nowadays, never get the nosedown sensation on late final. How come if this product is so bad as you claim?

The problem, I think, lies with over-controlling.  On the final with this bus, without disabling the FBW,  it can be fatal, and it shouldn't be.  The flight envelope should prevent it, but on a basic bus like this, it doesn't.

By accident I created an irrecoverable dive on final on my last flight.  I pitched down too hard (easy to do as the elevator controls are very lazy) to keep the glideslope and when I pitched up I was locked in a dive that I couldn't get out of.

I nearly smashed into 27R at Manchester.

I did nothing that I hadn't done with the Airsimmer A320 or even the Wilco A320 to land on profile.

Get out of the loop enough and this aircraft will ruin you.

Plan ahead folks.

Question:  How many users set their controls according to the sensitivity guidance in the documentation?

Does that make a difference?

The problem, I think, lies with over-controlling. On the final with this bus, without disabling the FBW, it can be fatal, and it shouldn't be. The flight envelope should prevent it, but on a basic bus like this, it doesn't.

By accident I created an irrecoverable dive on final on my last flight. I pitched down too hard (easy to do as the elevator controls are very lazy) to keep the glideslope and when I pitched up I was locked in a dive that I couldn't get out of.

I nearly smashed into 27R at Manchester.

I did nothing that I hadn't done with the Airsimmer A320 or even the Wilco A320 to land on profile.

Get out of the loop enough and this aircraft will ruin you.

Plan ahead folks.

Question: How many users set their controls according to the sensitivity guidance in the documentation?

Does that make a difference?

Hello everyone,

I have set my controls according to the sensitivity guidance in the documentation and I don't have the nose dive effect on landing when I disable the FBW system. However, I do have the nose up right after the 200ft call and the aircraft begins to climb. I then have to push down on the controls to get the plane down. This results in an over shot of the landing zone although I'm able to land smoothly. I've been spending a lot time in this plane just to get the feel and I only have had one time when my plane didn't have the nose up effect on landing. I've been trying to recreate that landing ever since. I don't have a joystick but I do have the Saitek x52 as my throttle and CH Products flight sim yoke. I'm still flying and playing around with this plane because it is very different than Wilco A320.

• 4 months later...

CaptJaz. Iam also have this problem, in manual landing on the final, after 200 ft, nose up and climb. And I'am not able to land this plane safely. (Airbus v1.22. win7x64, FSX SP 2)

Reference: http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/40555-nose-dive-test-to-try-and-find-the-cause/page__p__269611__hl__%2Bnose+%2Bdive+%2Bapproach__fromsearch__1#entry269611

I have encountered a similar issue with the nose dive and started to research the forum and I found Paul Golding's post. One thing I noted on my flights was I was approaching the runway at a shallow approach angle. For example, flying into San Francisco toward 28L/28R, I was starting my approach over the first bridge (Dumbarton Bridge) at 1800 ft. Watching the runway landing lights (four lights on the left side of the runway), they were all red, meaning I am coming in too low. The result was that by the time I started to drop to 400 ft at the end of the runway, my landing was too flat and the plane would start to pitch down.

I changed my approach plan and started to make my decent into SFO at the Dumbarton bridge at 4000, slowly descending into 28L/28R and the problem went away. Making the approach angle a bit steeper seems to correct the issue.

One trick I have learned from FSX is that if you record a flight using the FSX recorder, you can restart your flight at the same point that the recording starts by exiting the replay of your flight. So if you want to practice landings, start recording the flight on your approach. That way, you can restart a new flight right at the top of the approach.

Hope this information helps.

• 1 year later...

Hello every body! How are you doing? A saw all the problem with airbus a320 and a321 NOSE DIVE... And i recomend one simple test

after AP off, just keep flight director refreshed(control+f)... and keep atitude on final approach (FBW)

I flown making this and get right...

This nose down happen because, it is not refreshing (on acft system automaticly) before ap off, airbus made refreshs when updates information on flight computer systems...

One simple exemple is, you see as the real airbus change range on glass cockpit, 1 seg delay to change mode to engate a new information on display, and all system made new refreshs every time when have ''INPUTS''

I have the manual briefing for pilots, A320 series.

You can email me or send a message i send it for everybody...

You will have another vision of airbus and this little problems will not bother you again...

• Upvote 1