F9, F10, F11 and F12 Views.

Aidan Sandri

Hi Everybody,

With the Airbus X, is there anyway to customise the F9, F10, F11 and F12 views to the default ways so that F9 and F10 are the cockpit, F11 is the outside and F12 is Top-Down?

I find it in the very annoying to have to right click and select it to select a view outside of the aircraft.

Hi Everybody,

With the Airbus X, is there anyway to customise the F9, F10, F11 and F12 views to the default ways so that F9 and F10 are the cockpit, F11 is the outside and F12 is Top-Down?

I find it in the very annoying to have to right click and select it to select a view outside of the aircraft.

I'd also be interested in understanding this a bit better.

For some reason, F12 doesn't show a new view (Overhead Panel) for my Airbus, but F9, F10, F11 work as described in the manual. I know I didn't have F12 assigned to top down view in FSX when I installed the Airbus X, but I have since re-assigned it to the default top down view, but still F12 doesn't show the Overhead Panel. I'd love to get it assigned to a Key, since I am often needing that view.

During beta test we (the beta testers) noted this issue as well. If you want the default overhead mapped back to the F12 key you will unfortunetly need to manually comment out the EZ Dok camera setting in each of the 4 aircraft.cfg files. The Overhead panel is still mapped int he file to the F12 key but so is the EZ Dok camera setting as a result FSX is using the last entry.

Just commet out this setting -

//[CameraDefinition.201]

//Title=EZdok Aircraft Universal camera

//Guid={D8D67955-2E9B-4e75-9D8B-8EFFBBFAC65B}

//Description=Universal camera for EZdok cam utility

//Origin=Center

//SnapPbhAdjust=Swivel

//SnapPbhReturn=FALSE

//PanPbhAdjust=Swivel

//PanPbhReturn=FALSE

//Track=None

//ShowAxis=FALSE

//AllowZoom=TRUE

//InitialZoom=0.40

//ShowWeather=Yes

//InitialXyz=0,0,0

//InitialPbh=10, 0, 0

//XyzAdjust=TRUE

//Category=Aircraft

//MomentumEffect=FALSE

//ClipMode=Minimum

//HotKeySelect=4

Bob

• Deputy Sheriffs

Comment out means, to do what Bob showed in his post: just put in front of each line 2 slashes: //

That's called "to comment out" in programmers language, so the programm skips those lines ;)

• Upvote 1

Acutally, if you will just delete the line HotSelectKey=4 under [CameraDefinition.201] in the aircraft.cfg file of each of the 4 aircraft, this will take care of the problem. For some strange reason the F12 key was assigned to both the Overhead Panel and the EZDok Camera in the aircraft.cfg file.

Roy