Mega Airport Gardermoen

Per-Kristian Jensen

Hi! I have been following the development of the coming Gardermoen X scenery for FSX, made by Jo Erlend Sund. Problem is, he has actaully more or less promised a FS9 version, under the whole dev thread, he said FS9 would be 70% certainley coming, then he said that for now it would not be relased, and then he changed again, said it would come out in December.

Then all of a sudden with no warning he says that Gardermoen for FS9 has been cancelled.

So Aerosoft, will there be a REAL Mega Airport Gardermoen? Reason I am saying REAL is that the complete Mega Airport series has been for both FSX and FS9, thus I feel that the Mega Airport part should be left out.

• Upvote 4

Hi! I have been following the development of the coming Gardermoen X scenery for FSX, made by Jo Erlend Sund. Problem is, he has actaully more or less promised a FS9 version, under the whole dev thread, he said FS9 would be 70% certainley coming, then he said that for now it would not be relased, and then he changed again, said it would come out in December.

Then all of a sudden with no warning he says that Gardermoen for FS9 has been cancelled.

So Aerosoft, will there be a REAL Mega Airport Gardermoen? Reason I am saying REAL is that the complete Mega Airport series has been for both FSX and FS9, thus I feel that the Mega Airport part should be left out.

Hi,

I have been checking the Jo's Oslo page on flightsim norway.Firstly he said that the scenery will be for fsx-fs9.unfortunately he says I'm very bus right now.I hope he will do this scenery as promised.

Thank you

• Upvote 1

Why keep on complaining about not getting this airport in FS9. You already have an option in Scandinavia Aiport 1. It is to buy here at Aerosoft, and pls. let us running FSX have one for ourselves. I had that package together with Scandinavian Airports 2 and that served me very well back in my FS9 days. And pls. face the reality - things move on.

• Upvote 1

I have a well established life thank you very much. And that's just what Jo Erlend Sund is trying to do. To get a life as a pilot. So pls. leave him to it, and not shoot the guy for not making an airport for you.

• Upvote 4

I have a well established life thank you very much. And that's just what Jo Erlend Sund is trying to do. To get a life as a pilot. So pls. leave him to it, and not shoot the guy for not making an airport for you.

Developer's own life is priority, we just hope to see FS9 version soon, because we DON'T like new software and FSX...and we will newer like it! Inform pls Jo Erlend Sund, that we are ready to buy it, but only FS9/FSX, not FSX only. Oslo is very good airport. "Scandinavia airports" - very old scenery stardart, and we (FS9 users) want have new quality scenery. Just understand, really hope that developer will find time and make us happy :wub:

• Developer

Hi, as I said before Per-Kristian, I'm sorry you feel that way.

The scenery was planned for FSX, with the possibility of a backport to FS9.

Sadly there have been a change of plans do to different circumstances and the FS9-version did not come to life.

As Fred said above I'm currently knee-deep in my instrument rating so my time is stretched enough as it is.

I hope that you will accept this and not let this turn into a classic FS9 vs FSX discussion,

there is already way too much hatred in this world, let's not fight over a piece of software..

Best regards

Jo Erlend

• Upvote 1

Hi, as I said before Per-Kristian, I'm sorry you feel that way.

The scenery was planned for FSX, with the possibility of a backport to FS9.

Sadly there have been a change of plans do to different circumstances and the FS9-version did not come to life.

As Fred said above I'm currently knee-deep in my instrument rating so my time is stretched enough as it is.

I hope that you will accept this and not let this turn into a classic FS9 vs FSX discussion,

there is already way too much hatred in this world, let's not fight over a peace of software..

Best regards

Jo Erlend

Thank you for the answer. And no chance to see it in future (when you get enough free time, in 1 year, for example:ph34r:)?

• Developer

As the time is now I'm not sure when I'll have more time on my hand,

or even if there's still a market for FS9 (or FSX for that matter) when that time comes.

So there's no plans for a FS9-version in the future, I'm sorry.

Jo Erlend

Anyway...your scenery is great and FSX users will be very happy :blush:

Simwings, FSDT, and many other developers still support this platform.

Scandinavia region has good Amsterdam, Stockholm, and we hope to see Copenhagen in 2011, but Oslo is still neglect :( Sadly...

When will the download version be available for FSX?

Think it well be rdy for the vatsim event " Cross The Pond " that goes to Oslo this time. CTP is the 30th October so if its right what I've read on the Fs.no forums it will be out til then.

[...] and pls. let us running FSX have one for ourselves. [...]

I find this to sentence here to be very hard to understand. Does it harm you in any way if FS9-ers get their own version? Why would you want a scenery just for yourself. Did we wrong you in some way? We don't deserve an airport? Look, i personally don't care too much if we get OSlo for FS9 or not, I only care about this specific view. I find it to be selfish, and I find it selfish without any clear reason. You gain absolutely nothing by having a FSX version for yourself. Whatever happens, you'll get the scenery sooner than the FS9-ers, why on earth would you care?

• Upvote 1

I have heard that sales of some new Aerosoft products for FS2004 have outdone their FSX versions, which to me says there is a huge market out there and the fact that new airports are still being developed for FS9 must mean there is a market?

It would mean A LOT to have Gardermoen for FS9 if possible and would be a sure money maker, especially if integrated with some of the Norwegian freeware landclass and mesh out there.

At the moment we only have the freeware Norway-Airports, which although good is very limiting.

Thanks

I find this to sentence here to be very hard to understand. Does it harm you in any way if FS9-ers get their own version? Why would you want a scenery just for yourself.

We FSX'ers does not have any payware version of ENGM, but there is a absolutly fine payware version for FS9 excisting already. So frankly I cannot see a need for another one. No new buildings, no major upgrades has been done to this airport to justify making a "new" FS9 version.

• Upvote 2

We FSX'ers does not have any payware version of ENGM, but there is a absolutly fine payware version for FS9 excisting already. So frankly I cannot see a need for another one. No new buildings, no major upgrades has been done to this airport to justify making a "new" FS9 version.

I understand your point about FSX, but this old payware airport of Gardermoen for Fs9 is SO OUT OF DATE. Does it bother if the producer makes Gardermoen both for Fs9 and FSX? Don´t think so.