FSX IBIZA X RUNWAY FLICKERING

boerseun

HI,

can anyone out there PLEASE help me with Ibisa X (FSX) runway flickering? On the ramp as well as runway it is as if the default textures bleed through the Aerosoft Ibiza X texrures causes a terrible\annoying flickering of textures!! I have tried everything SO FAR, including a reinstall, uninstalling UTX, other addon scenery etc. - to no avail!!!!

I am running Win 7 x 64 & FSX in DX10 preview mode

HELP - I want to fly there and land!

Thanks

"DX10 preview mode" is not supported with this product. Please check if you have this Problem without DX10 checked.

I have AddonConverterX up and running and the airports show up nicely- even at night the runway is lighted and airport buildings as well - the only problem I am trying to solve is the flickering?

Any suggestions

Thanks

• Developer

I have AddonConverterX up and running and the airports show up nicely- even at night the runway is lighted and airport buildings as well - the only problem I am trying to solve is the flickering?

Any suggestions

Thanks

What did you need "AddonConverterX" for?

Any suggestions

Thanks

Also this is not the bee knees, it wont fix all things DX9 to DX 10, so please try the scenery in DX9 mode in FSX.

• 1 month later...

Also this is not the bee knees, it wont fix all things DX9 to DX 10, so please try the scenery in DX9 mode in FSX.

Hej Shaun

Is there a fix for this DX10 (-11) subject. We need it urgently. I Have recently reinstalled all scenery (still in the process) and i have got a long list of similar problems with trondheim, Frankfurt GAP2, Lelystad, Ibiza, Gibraltar etc. My new rig is running WIN7/I7 and a Nvidia 8800GTS.

Running in DX10 gives us a Boost in Fps and much better visuals, going back to DX9 will steel this advantage. I hope, surely like many other Aerosoft fans, that there is a way out of this - not stepping back like the recommandations.

Take Care

JP

• Developer

Running in DX10 gives us a Boost in Fps and much better visuals, going back to DX9 will steel this advantage. I hope, surely like many other Aerosoft fans, that there is a way out of this - not stepping back like the recommandations.

Take Care

JP

No DX10 fix, because when you set your Anti-Aliasing and AF setting via Nvidia Inspector to the same low config as it is supported in DX10, you will have no lost in DX9 Mode.

And your Flicker is only based an this limits in AA/AF of the DX10 mode.

No DX10 fix, because when you set your Anti-Aliasing and AF setting via Nvidia Inspector to the same low config as it is supported in DX10, you will have no lost in DX9 Mode.

And your Flicker is only based an this limits in AA/AF of the DX10 mode.

OK, many thanks Oliver.

Im running Nvidia inspector and the result is fantastic. Reg. reverting to DX9, is, as i remember, not just something easy to doo, because WIN will not revert to an older version, and DX11 should work for all previously DX versions. Am i not right :blink:

Best regards

JP

• Developer

The DX Mode supported by the OS has nothing to do with the DX Version supported by the FS. Only the OS must support the DX Mode the FS is using, like XP is only able to support DX9, you can only use the FSX in DX9 Mode on this OS. Even when Win7 supports DX11, the FSX don't support it and even not DX10 in 100%, so for FSX DX9 is the best supported option and when the Nvidia Setting are well defined, you can use DX9 is optimal visual effect and less impact of Frames.

When the Inspector is not configured (Application defined), the FSX will use the highest available AA/AF settings of the GPU and this will have a large impact in Frames. In DX10-preview Mode the AF is limited to a low config (4x AA I think) and this low filter setting will generate less Frameimpact and so DX10 seams to be better in frames, but this is only the low filter with a bad visual effect.

Hello Again

Yesterday evening i made some tests (resinstalled FSX after a complete formatting of the drive) then again i installed SP1 and SP2. I followed Nicks guidelines, also setting up the inspector.

http://www.simforums...topic36586.html

Im running WIN7 64bit,I7-950,8 GB Kingston DDR3,Nvidia 8800 GTS GP,ASUS P6X58D-E MB

After installing SP2 i got the Graphic problem Nick call "Spikes" from the autogen (columns, triangles in a mess panning around in external view - looking awfull).

Only way to get rid of this problem is to turn down the Autogen setting, still the FPS is only a moderat 18-25 fps. I had better FPS on my old rig (Intel dualcore,Vista 64bit, Nvidia 8800GTS, 8 GB DDR2,PK5-E MB running NHancer). Testing in KSEA.

I experimented with both Jesus and Nicks Fixes, but neighter one "cured" the problem, or gave better performence. Then again, turning on the DX10 Preview give a kick to FPS (60-75 fps) and remove the Graphical interference (spikes etc.) but as desciped before will give a lot og problems along the road with many many of Your sceneries.

Could the problem be that i miss some importent settings in N-Inspector, not mentioned in Niks Guide.

Blistering Barnacles !, what do a poor man doo

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Again

Yesterday evening i made some tests (resinstalled FSX after a complete formatting of the drive) then again i installed SP1 and SP2. I followed Nicks guidelines, also setting up the inspector.

http://www.simforums...topic36586.html

Im running WIN7 64bit,I7-950,8 GB Kingston DDR3,Nvidia 8800 GTS GP,ASUS P6X58D-E MB

After installing SP2 i got the Graphic problem Nick call "Spikes" from the autogen (columns, triangles in a mess panning around in external view - looking awfull).

Only way to get rid of this problem is to turn down the Autogen setting, still the FPS is only a moderat 18-25 fps. I had better FPS on my old rig (Intel dualcore,Vista 64bit, Nvidia 8800GTS, 8 GB DDR2,PK5-E MB running NHancer). Testing in KSEA.

I experimented with both Jesus and Nicks Fixes, but neighter one "cured" the problem, or gave better performence. Then again, turning on the DX10 Preview give a kick to FPS (60-75 fps) and remove the Graphical interference (spikes etc.) but as desciped before will give a lot og problems along the road with many many of Your sceneries.

Could the problem be that i miss some importent settings in N-Inspector, not mentioned in Niks Guide.

Blistering Barnacles !, what do a poor man doo

my spikes only appear when i set bufferpools to 0 or 4000... but it really lifts my fps! the only problem is the OOM crash at "heavy" sceneries like antalya.

also win7 user with nvidia card.

my spikes only appear when i set bufferpools to 0 or 4000... but it really lifts my fps! the only problem is the OOM crash at "heavy" sceneries like antalya.

also win7 user with nvidia card.

Same here..win7..nvidea card 9600GT...NO PROBLEMS!!

but then i dont bend my fsx.cfg over the table and give it large up its tailpipe...

OOM crash when you alter the bufferpool size..i know why..do you?..if not why have you tampered with it? Becuase ''someone'' said it makes it better..please not that old line.

I dont use Nhancer either.

On the subject of flickering, i have only seen that when the mesh meters are too low/high.

OOM crash when you alter the bufferpool size..i know why..do you?..if not why have you tampered with it? Becuase ''someone'' said it makes it better..please not that old line.

yap maybe someone said its better. maybe this person was right because my fps r much better than before. setting bufferpool size to default makes large airports unflyable because fps are too little. with values of 4000 or 0 i may enter them. thats the main reason. if i see that a tweak seems useless (unless someone said its good to performance) i prefer setting it back to default. IMHO my nvdia gtx 295 is the main reason for such a slow or "spiking" fsx.