V1,21 now Released.

Shaun Fletcher

I have to say that you haven't understood the principle behind the making of the aircraft.

Your statement says that it is critical to have these things. well Microsoft didn't seem to think so or else they would have indeed included it.

With all due respect, and believe me that is a lot, if Aerosoft would be satisfied with the level of complexity that comes with Microsoft standard version, the Airbus X as well as several other add-ons, were never released. It is not necessary to be an very experienced flight-sim enthusiast to have the clear notion that MS base product it is not a reference to that reality.

For that reason you exist and dedicate hundreds of hours to go one step further the level of simplicity and for the same reason we pay more for an 1 aircraft add-on than for the 21 default or freewares planes without blinking.

SID, STARS and rwn numbers are not on a high level of experience that goes so beyond the principle of a simple aircraft as Airbus X pretends to be, even if in my personal opinion it is not looking into some systems that have deserved a more accurate attention.

I quite not understand why so much resistance regarding this issue when Mathijs Kok on the below link topic includes this specs on the future MCDU versions of Airbus X. My question was only "when?"

Best regards

Filipe

• Upvote 1

I have to say that you haven't understood the principle behind the making of the aircraft.

Your statement says that it is critical to have these things. well Microsoft didn't seem to think so or else they would have indeed included it.

Hello Sir

Then i must ask this question: how do we vector ourselves to the rwy without Microsoft's flight simulator default GPS in your product?

im actually curious to know how do people find the rwy without using the ILS and without using a chart (VOR's etc).. with a default plane, theres a GPS that can show you the rwy line so u know where u have to go for final

I have 2 monitors so on the second one i use FS commander, that's basically my map...

And please sir, take a good look at your product and think on how complex it can be. PMDG is a very popular company and all they care is complexity in there products and look how popular they became. both companys: PMDG and Aerosoft love detail! i mean i still remember on the forums (Airbus x) before the plane got released the pictures of measuring the real Airbus because Aerosoft wants the plane to look "as real as it gets"... but now that you have sucessed in that, lets focus inside the plane, behind the screens in the VC. if u know what i mean :)

But thank you for the hard work.

Hello Sir

Then i must ask this question: how do we vector ourselves to the rwy without Microsoft's flight simulator default GPS in your product?

Follow charts, like real pilots do. If you have the star, just follow it manually. It's not difficult, all the information is there. The only difference is that you, the pilot, guide the aircraft using the autopilot and nav radios. I'ts funny how people complain of the lack of complexity and yet they are willing to sit back and have the plane fly itself guided along by the GPS. Even though the Airbus A320 is a highly automated and sophisticated aircraft, pilots enjoy flying it manually. Try it, you'll like it... ;)

Follow charts, like real pilots do. If you have the star, just follow it manually. It's not difficult, all the information is there. The only difference is that you, the pilot, guide the aircraft using the autopilot and nav radios. I'ts funny how people complain of the lack of complexity and yet they are willing to sit back and have the plane fly itself guided along by the GPS. Even though the Airbus A320 is a highly automated and sophisticated aircraft, pilots enjoy flying it manually. Try it, you'll like it... ;)

I must disagree with you.

1. "like real pilots do"... should I find and copy here the Airbus X targeted customer profile? Using charts I don't think it should be considered as easy or addressed for the people who don't want to read a lot of manual pages.

2. I have charts, trying to use them but... I met several cases where the final fixes were not in the database (as I have them in my charts)... so I had to deal with it by using another fix nearby. What to do in this case? Spent money on navigraph database or looking everytime for charts to match?

3. Related to last remarks... are we taking about an Airbus or what? Yes, people like to fly it manually (especially the takeoff and landing but not all the time the approach) but if they want to, not necessary if they are forced to.

Sorry for being a little harsh, it's an Airbus( for the look) but some people flies it like a Boeing...or have to. I have to mention that I am consider myself above the average user(like to search the manuals and so on) but even for me approach is challenging so I am wondering how is that for the targeted customers... or maybe I have to learn more :lol:

• Upvote 2

Its quite simple really most of the intended customers couldn't give a flying Frisbee whether SIDS and STARS facilites were included in the Airbus X, many of them probably don't even use the default ATC never mind anything else.

I dont think u understand what i said. i know how to fly the plane, and i dont land it automaticly, i know how to navigate myself using charts with STARS etc and get to final, but.... what WE know, is not what everyone else knows, Aerosoft aimed for people who dont have much experience and just want a nice looking plane to fly... basically like the default plane. but the default plane has a GPS to help them navigate to the rwy (even if the person is flying manually) because Microsoft aimed for kids specially who dont have or have barely any knowledge in aviation, otherwise they wouldn't include the GPS and the kids would be forced to somehow learn how to use a chart and use VOR's etc just to land the plane.

so Aerosoft contradicts itself by saying "aimed to just be a simple plane but realistic looking plane" when in reality, its not for advanced users, but its not for anyone who just want to pick the plane and fly it without having to worry in getting the charts for the airport they want to land!

(e.g) You wouldnt give this plane to your son who flys the default airbus with the help of GPS because this plane doesnt have a GPS so he will be forced to learn how to use charts.

Dont take this wrong. im just pointing out the obvious. Peace :)

• Upvote 3

I must disagree with you.

1. "like real pilots do"... should I find and copy here the Airbus X targeted customer profile? Using charts I don't think it should be considered as easy or addressed for the people who don't want to read a lot of manual pages.

2. I have charts, trying to use them but... I met several cases where the final fixes were not in the database (as I have them in my charts)... so I had to deal with it by using another fix nearby. What to do in this case? Spent money on navigraph database or looking everytime for charts to match?

3. Related to last remarks... are we taking about an Airbus or what? Yes, people like to fly it manually (especially the takeoff and landing but not all the time the approach) but if they want to, not necessary if they are forced to.

Sorry for being a little harsh, it's an Airbus( for the look) but some people flies it like a Boeing...or have to. I have to mention that I am consider myself above the average user(like to search the manuals and so on) but even for me approach is challenging so I am wondering how is that for the targeted customers... or maybe I have to learn more :lol:

Thank you

vali !

someone understands me! lol

and i just wrote an essay for nothing! u done it for me already lol

but its true, i do like Aerosoft a lot and there products, but i must be honest, aerosoft ARE good, for the modelling, designing and detail. that's it...the rest (which what makes the plane fly!) well..... how many updates it had since it came out? anyway, still for some reason i cant stop flying it :) because im still hoping that one day... an advanced version will come out and it will be amazing! (atleast thats what we all hope right?)

Peace :)

• Upvote 5

• 2 weeks later...

Log into your account at the Aerosoft shop website and look at your previous purchases, click on the Airbus X in the purchase list and you will find the update there. If you bought the Airbus from another vendor then you can still register your product here at Aerosoft to download updates, you will require the serial key though to register it.

• 11 months later...

can anyone tell me were can i get adownload of the airbusx v1.21. i bougth my airbusx thougth siimmarket it not in order can you thank you citation

Just redownload the latest installer as it should be version 1.22.