V1,21 now Released.

Shaun Fletcher

Don't worry about your English it is very good there was a misunderstanding but its not because of your English.

I think this sound bug you speak of is because your expectations have been tainted by other developers getting it wrong which has lead you to believe that Aerosoft got it wrong too. Would I be right in thinking that you have never actually been on the flight deck of an A320 during flight preparations from dark and cold? Mathijs and his team have and they recorded most of the sounds from a real aircraft, (big exception is the TCAS verbal warnings which is obvious) I remember him saying in the development thread that the cooling systems on the flight deck were so loud that they drowned everything out and I mean everything out apart from the distinct growl of the engines at full power.

The APU cannot be heard from the flight deck it is pretty well sound insulated and its a long way away, the only time you could hear it is if you had the cabin doors or cockpit windows open and even then you would probably have a hard time hearing it over the cooling systems. As far as I am aware the cooling fans come on the instant you energise the batteries.

mmhh the top topic of aerosoft airbus is their greatest weakness:

Level-D 767: 29 FPS

PMDG 747: 34 FPS

CaptainSim: 20 FPS

Airbus X 1.21: 16 FPS

Testing on the airport Tegel X.

• Upvote 1

I have an issue, when a pick the Airbus at the main fsx display and then the airport, after I click "Fly Now" it gave me a "fatal error" any suggestion? unsure.gif

TACA my video Hybrid Sound X Project on develop for Airbus X:

I have an issue, when a pick the Airbus at the main fsx display and then the airport, after I click "Fly Now" it gave me a "fatal error" any suggestion? unsure.gif

TACA my video Hybrid Sound X Project on develop for Airbus X:

Firstly select one of the default aircraft, I use the trike, and your departure airport - click Fly Now, wait until the sim loads and then choose the Airbus.

Secondly, are you getting any more information in the "Fatal Error" message?

• Upvote 1

Hi,

after many hours of frustration and several downloads I have finally received an Airbus that flies decently again. Update 1.21 has allowed me to do unmanaged flights (landing training without A/P) without any nose dips and DESC modes during take off etc.

You still have to think ahead and don't rush things but you should not do that in real life either.

Yes, there are some points still, I can see blinking in the cockpit and the noise in cold & dark and the fps still not great ... but it is way better than before, all these are small things compared to the problems I had flying the bird before 1.21.

Thanks to the team which has probably worked very hard in the last weeks and received a lot of pressure from everyone (me included).

Kosta

The problem with air cond is that it is not possible to move them after starting from cold and dark. After everything is on again.

Same happens for me as well, not sure why

I always start from cold & dark. So during my flights I have about +2C onboard. Annoying... poor passengers..

Same happens for me as well, not sure why

I always start from cold & dark. So during my flights I have about +2C onboard. Annoying... poor passengers..

This happens when the config files arent placed in the right folder (There has been problems with the installer).

Ensure that the folder \AerosoftAirbus\ is placed in Your \...\Documents and settings\user name\documents\Flight Simulator X files\ folder.

The content of \AerosoftAirbus\ are:

Custom1.abx

Custom2.abx

Custom3.abx

Custom4.abx

UserSettings.asc

If this isn´t setup right , then selecting any of the 4 states will give You a Cold and dark state, though more cold and dark as it should be ;)'

In Cold and dark most switches, apart from the fuelpump switches, should allready be on.

Finn

mmhh the top topic of aerosoft airbus is their greatest weakness:

Level-D 767: 29 FPS

PMDG 747: 34 FPS

CaptainSim: 20 FPS

Airbus X 1.21: 16 FPS

Testing on the airport Tegel X.

True. However, the answer of the aerosoft devs better not be to just disable features or cap the instrument refresh rate in order to increase frame rate.

I'd like to see the full information on the FO's side displays as well, and I definitely would like to see a smooth update behavior of the instruments.

The code needs to be thoroughly optimized.

This happens when the config files arent placed in the right folder (There has been problems with the installer).

Ensure that the folder \AerosoftAirbus\ is placed in Your \...\Documents and settings\user name\documents\Flight Simulator X files\ folder.

The content of \AerosoftAirbus\ are:

Custom1.abx

Custom2.abx

Custom3.abx

Custom4.abx

UserSettings.asc

If this isn´t setup right , then selecting any of the 4 states will give You a Cold and dark state, though more cold and dark as it should be ;)'

In Cold and dark most switches, apart from the fuelpump switches, should allready be on.

Finn

THANK YOUUUUU

Now I can load different states as cruise, take off... I thought it was a bug not being fixed.

Just a question. Is it simulated as real the hydraulic system regarding the movement of flight controls?

I mean, is it normal loading cold and dark and moving rudder or ailerons? I think that hyd pump is neccesary.

It would be great that real things like these will be fixed. (Beacon lights flashing together, rudder control, sound from packs getting lower when starting engines...)

Thanks for your help.

Edit: Is the problem with installer not setting the panel states in the right position being fixed for future installer?

I understand that Aerosofts main focus on 1.21 was on bug correction instead of big improvements. I don't complain for not having some issues moduled, and some of which I truely appreciate no getting at all (pax voices...), but runway numbers and SID/STARS on the FMC are critical for flight-sim

Is this dev on the Aerosoft "to do" list for near future versions?

My final respects goes to all developers and their hard effort in improving this product.

I understand that Aerosofts main focus on 1.21 was on bug correction instead of big improvements. I don't complain for not having some issues moduled, and some of which I truely appreciate no getting at all (pax voices...), but runway numbers and SID/STARS on the FMC are critical for flight-sim

My final respects goes to all developers and their hard effort in improving this product.

<rant>

Please please please, enough with the SIDs and STARs. It was made very clear that they were not included in this aircraft

http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?showtopic=38888

To say that they are critical to flightsim is incorrect, I have never seen the FSX ATC direct a pilot to fly a STAR, I have also, more often than not, received vectors from VATSIM controllers, I have also manually entered STAR waypoints into the CDU.

Please see http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?showtopic=38888 for future directions.

</rant>

I have just reinstalled O/S (win7 x64) and FSX....it took ages but all is up to date.

Unfortunately, I now have random CTD's when I fly the Airbus X - win7 doesn't tell me which .dll is the offender. It sometimes happens when I load the plane, or when I take off, or during cruise, or when I end the flight...completely random BUT only with the AirbusX all other add-ons are perfect.......

Something is amiss here cos it worked before.

.....anyway, for those looking at the a320 flight quirks look at this

interesting! pilots and computers fighting.

• Upvote 1

I have just reinstalled O/S (win7 x64) and FSX....it took ages but all is up to date.

Unfortunately, I now have random CTD's when I fly the Airbus X - win7 doesn't tell me which .dll is the offender. It sometimes happens when I load the plane, or when I take off, or during cruise, or when I end the flight...completely random BUT only with the AirbusX all other add-ons are perfect.......

Something is amiss here cos it worked before.

Have a look in your eventlog

Press the Windows and r keys together, the type in eventvwr.msc and press enter. Click on Windows logs on the left hand side and then in the middle window double click on Application. In the left most column of the centre window look for a red circle with a white exclamation mark in it related to FSX - double click on that line and then click on copy - you can then paste the information in a reply here and others may be able to assist.

Thanks Scott,

The Main culprit is ntdll.dll in c:\Windows\SysWOW64\ntdll.dll directory but I have others that show API.DLL from my flight sim directory . Is it a 64 bit thing?

Previously I'm used to the ntdll.dll error after a flight but before a reinstall it never caused a problem while in flight.

Thanks Scott,

The Main culprit is ntdll.dll in c:\Windows\SysWOW64\ntdll.dll directory but I have others that show API.DLL from my flight sim directory . Is it a 64 bit thing?

Previously I'm used to the ntdll.dll error after a flight but before a reinstall it never caused a problem while in flight.

Do you have FSUIPC installed? If so then remove it - just move the FSUIPC.DLL file out of the modules folder - and try a flight.

EDIT: have a look at http://pcsupport.about.com/od/fixtheproblem/a/ntdlldll.htm and see if this helps.

Just installed Airbus X, when to do a flight at an airport i constantly experience ditching at, and well nothings changed.

Seriously guys i want you to know after youve read this, load fsx and the A320 IAE variant US Airways. San Francisco airport, takeoff turn round and ATTEMPT to land. It will ditch.

I am SO SICK OF THIS ive payed £30 for a product i havent been able to successfully used because aerosoft is just giving weak attempts at updates that at most take up space on our computers.

Seriously guys check my previous posts im all for this product but this is just rediculous.

Airbus X --> Uninstalled.

• Upvote 1

Movieman162,

I just landed with no issues doing the flight you suggested.

I'm presumming your using v1.21. I would suggest, I know you don't want to read this, to uninstall the AirbusX and then manually make sure all files have been removed, restart the Pc and then reinstall the AirbusX. Then try the flight following the steps in the Vol6-StepbyStep.pdf document. If you're still having poblmes report back.

Bob

Do you have FSUIPC installed? If so then remove it - just move the FSUIPC.DLL file out of the modules folder - and try a flight.

EDIT: have a look at http://pcsupport.abo.../a/ntdlldll.htm and see if this helps.

Hi Scott, I have the unregistered version of FSUIPC, for FSPAX I think.....no joy on all accounts, FSX still crashes with a fatal error.

No option at the moment but to uninstall and retire this add-on.

Hi Scott, I have the unregistered version of FSUIPC, for FSPAX I think.....no joy on all accounts, FSX still crashes with a fatal error.

No option at the moment but to uninstall and retire this add-on.

So you did remove it and try a flight?

What other addons do you use? I wonder if something is conflicting? Also are you overclocking or have you applied any tweaks to fsx.cfg?

Hi Scott,

Yes I removed it and tried, no joy - I have exactly the same set-up as before I reinstalled everything.....I have given up on this bird as I just want to fly and not spend all my time troubleshooting....So it's back to 737pic and I'll move on to the 737NGX when that is released.

I really appreciate your efforts to help though. Thank you

Hi, just to let you know after a uninstall and reinstall (removing excess files) it worked. I think everything is smooth with this addon know and with the FPS restored i couldnt be happier,.

Its also worth noting that i just had my first smooth and centreline landing with this beauty.

I have to say that you haven't understood the principle behind the making of the aircraft.

Your statement says that it is critical to have these things. well Microsoft didn't seem to think so or else they would have indeed included it.

Hi Scott,

Yes I removed it and tried, no joy - I have exactly the same set-up as before I reinstalled everything.....I have given up on this bird as I just want to fly and not spend all my time troubleshooting....So it's back to 737pic and I'll move on to the 737NGX when that is released.

I really appreciate your efforts to help though. Thank you

No probs, I wish you wouldn't give up so soon - I hate having the computer win! The fact that some fly this add-on with little or no problems means that it is possible and that there must be something about your FSX installation, or some combination of addons that is unique in some way. If you want to keep going then let me know and I'll try a few other things that my 28 years of working with computers has taught me :)