V1,21 now Released.

Shaun Fletcher

Bonjour,

Félicitations à toute l'équipe de développeur de cet Airbus.

Un des appareils des plus agréable à piloter de FS9 & FSX.

A suivre les évolutions ....

PS - Google Translate is your friend !

Bonjour,

Félicitations à toute l'équipe de développeur de cet Airbus.

Un des appareils des plus agréable à piloter de FS9 & FSX.

A suivre les évolutions ....

PS - Google Translate is your friend !

Google translate could be also your friend :P By the way. FSX only.

Hello Shaun,

Just for information. I updated from 1.20 to 1.21 and found that the F12 key now displays the cabin as "EZ dok Aircraft Universal camera" View 00 instead of the Overhead Panel. I will deinstall AirbusX 1.20 + update and again reinstall with Version 1.21.

During beta testing we found the same thing. If you want the overhead back by pressing the F12 key you unfortunelty have to manually comment out the EZ Dok camera settings in each of the 4 aircraft.cfg files. Here's the entry that needs to be commented out -

//[CameraDefinition.201]

//Title=EZdok Aircraft Universal camera

//Guid={D8D67955-2E9B-4e75-9D8B-8EFFBBFAC65B}

//Description=Universal camera for EZdok cam utility

//Origin=Center

//SnapPbhAdjust=Swivel

//SnapPbhReturn=FALSE

//PanPbhAdjust=Swivel

//PanPbhReturn=FALSE

//Track=None

//ShowAxis=FALSE

//AllowZoom=TRUE

//InitialZoom=0.40

//ShowWeather=Yes

//InitialXyz=0,0,0

//InitialPbh=10, 0, 0

//XyzAdjust=TRUE

//Category=Aircraft

//MomentumEffect=FALSE

//ClipMode=Minimum

//HotKeySelect=4

Bob

Still getting the heavy nose UP on AP disconnect. no change from 1.20 to 1.21

Same here but this time worse! I've been back to 1.20 and I'm a little tired

During beta testing we found the same thing.

Bob,

This is not aimed at you, but Aerosoft ... Why on earth was 1.21 released with something like this not fixed??? Says a lot about the "quality assurance" department, or maybe the managerial procedures :mad:

• Upvote 1

It's not. Know what you are talking about. Update your GAP's - no serial needed, for example.

My grief is that even with the additional security measures Aerosoft has undertaken (understandably so), I, as a legal customer, have to enter my serial over and over again. And it makes no sense at all regarding security. The serial is the same for the bus and the update, so if you have entered it once, you will have it for the update as well. So: it's just annoying for paying customers.

Ah, thanks for the warning! Now I could lookup and copy my serial while the file was downloading. That must have saved me a whopping ten seconds or so! Imagine not knowning this before running the installer and having to look for my serial while the installer was waiting for me... O my dear!!! ;)

You also could have said: Thanks for the update, Aerosoft! ^_^

BTW What about all those warez guys that have the Airbus X installed without a serial... (you DO know that a lot of cracked software is cracked because they eliminated the need for a serial...?) So you wouldn't mind if they could update their free copy for free? I would. I think it's a clever idea to let people enter the serial for updates too! Even though it DOES indeed takes a few seconds... oh my... -_-

• Upvote 1

You cant expect Aerosoft or any other developer for that matter to take into consideration every other add-on on the market when designing a product, if they did development times would be astronomical, there will always be some compatibility issues between different add-ons. I personally don't see what the problem is, they have offered a work around haven't they? If you use EZDOK properly you can assign keys or joystick buttons within it to the individual views, there is no need to touch the FSX view function keys.

Ah, thanks for the warning! Now I could lookup and copy my serial while the file was downloading. That must have saved me a whopping ten seconds or so! Imagine not knowning this before running the installer and having to look for my serial while the installer was waiting for me... O my dear!!! ;)

You also could have said: Thanks for the update, Aerosoft! ^_^

BTW What about all those warez guys that have the Airbus X installed without a serial... (you DO know that a lot of cracked software is cracked because they eliminated the need for a serial...?) So you wouldn't mind if they could update their free copy for free? I would. I think it's a clever idea to let people enter the serial for updates too! Even though it DOES indeed takes a few seconds... oh my... -_-

Boy oh boy. Why don't you get it? It's not because of the silly 10 seconds wasted. It's because of the act itself. And because of the inconsistency that lies within. Aerosoft personalized the airbus installation. They know where a pirated copy is from. Key + personalisation = protection. Key with update is NO plus of protection. It's just annoying, and ONLY for legal customers.

So, yeah to copy protection, yeah to serials, yeah to personalisation - but nay to annoying legal customers (this one has 56 purchases in theAerosoft downloadshop and 20+ Aerosoft products on Simmarket) with unnecessary measures.

I'll rest my case.

• Upvote 2

1.21 is beginning to show some promise. I just did a flight from Frankfurt to Vienna and the speed was reasonable on descent and even got within 10 knots of 250 below 10,000. While I got an automatic descent on an immediately preceding flight, not so this time, despite doing the exact same things. But that isn't a big deal since I am nearly always listening to vectors.

Boy oh boy. Why don't you get it? It's not because of the silly 10 seconds wasted. It's because of the act itself. And because of the inconsistency that lies within. Aerosoft personalized the airbus installation. They know where a pirated copy is from. Key + personalisation = protection. Key with update is NO plus of protection. It's just annoying, and ONLY for legal customers.

So, yeah to copy protection, yeah to serials, yeah to personalisation - but nay to annoying legal customers (this one has 56 purchases in theAerosoft downloadshop and 20+ Aerosoft products on Simmarket) with unnecessary measures.

I'll rest my case.

Sorry, but you are wrong. Consider if you will this scenario: Person "A" has a valid serial which he releases to the pirate community. The number of pirates using this serial soon reaches 500. Eventually this comes to the attention of Aerosoft who understandably revoke that serial number. Meantime all pirates with that serial number attempt to update their ill gotten gains with the latest update. Without a further serial number input this would be no problem but if the serial number is checked once again while updating, then the update fails as the serial number had already been blacklisted by Aerosoft. A great saving for Aerosoft for a very small inconvenience for the lawfull user. A price well worth paying I think.

• Upvote 1

• Deputy Sheriffs

Sorry, but you are wrong. Consider if you will this scenario: Person "A" has a valid serial which he releases to the pirate community. The number of pirates using this serial soon reaches 500. Eventually this comes to the attention of Aerosoft who understandably revoke that serial number. Meantime all pirates with that serial number attempt to update their ill gotten gains with the latest update. Without a further serial number input this would be no problem but if the serial number is checked once again while updating, then the update fails as the serial number had already been blacklisted by Aerosoft. A great saving for Aerosoft for a very small inconvenience for the lawfull user. A price well worth paying I think.

Stewart, I never got why the serial number entered every time you install/update was an effective security measure. Your post is a great explanation. I've never been concerned with the few seconds it takes to copy/paste the serial from a list of keys I keep handy (copied in turn from the e-mail).

Thanks.

• Upvote 1

Hello Shaun,

Just for information. I updated from 1.20 to 1.21 and found that the F12 key now displays the cabin as "EZ dok Aircraft Universal camera" View 00 instead of the Overhead Panel. I will deinstall AirbusX 1.20 + update and again reinstall with Version 1.21.

Don't bother doing the full reinstall cause I did tonight and experienced the exact same problem. I'll look into the aircraft.cfg file within the camera section. It shouldn't be a hard fix. Keep you posted.

Cheers

Will

BUGS BUGS BUGS... :mad:

Thank you for your constructive contribution to this topic. Would you care to elaborate on the bugs that you are experiencing?

• Upvote 1

Don't bother doing the full reinstall cause I did tonight and experienced the exact same problem. I'll look into the aircraft.cfg file within the camera section. It shouldn't be a hard fix. Keep you posted.

Cheers

Will

OOOPPPSS never mind. Wrote too fast without reading the rest of the topic.... Sorry. I knew it wasn't gonna be a big issue and it works exactly as explaned above.

Will

Sorry, you are right. I was angry.

Try to load cruise state.

Try to move air cond temp selectors after loading cold and dark state.

Try to set a ILS freq and different VOR

Try to shut down the noise from packs after cold and dark and only bat on. No apu or engine on.

Rudder moves in cold and dark and no hyd or elect pump is available

Beacon light in the cockpit. You can see it flashing over the screens when cockpit is dark (flying during the night)

Both beacon lights are not flashing at the same time.

As you see I am only refering to visual aspects as I am not expert in systems but because of the same reason I think that these things are basic in a product with this price.

Sorry for my previous post.

Sorry, you are right. I was angry.

Try to load cruise state.

Try to move air cond temp selectors after loading cold and dark state.

Try to set a ILS freq and different VOR

Try to shut down the noise from packs after cold and dark and only bat on. No apu or engine on.

Rudder moves in cold and dark and no hyd or elect pump is available

Beacon light in the cockpit. You can see it flashing over the screens when cockpit is dark (flying during the night)

Both beacon lights are not flashing at the same time.

As you see I am only refering to visual aspects as I am not expert in systems but because of the same reason I think that these things are basic in a product with this price.

Sorry for my previous post.

With your 2nd problem if you are cold and dark should the air cond temp selector move?

I think the ILS/VOR issue is by design - they are linked which makes sense when you think that VOR1 is used to tune the ILS.

Yes I find the noise worrying, however I think that there was a fix in a post here somewhere, I'll see if I can locate it.

edit: try http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?showtopic=39035&st=0&p=257553&hl=noise&fromsearch=1&#entry257553 not exactly the same issue but it may point you in the right direction.

Fair enough about the rudder, could be an FSX issue as the same axis is used for ground steering.

Haven't experienced the flashing in the cockpit yet.

I see top and bottom beacons flashing together - not sure if that is what you were referring to.

Hopefully some others will also assist.

Not a bug: You are hearing the cooling fans for all the computers and instruments in the flight deck, it's got nothing to do with the APU, you can't hear that from the cockpit anyway.

And if you want quieter fans see the link in my signature.

Thanks for your help.

The problem with air cond is that it is not possible to move them after starting from cold and dark. After everything is on again.

The sound from packs should also shut down when ignition is selected for starting engines.

The rudder is not well simulated as for example with Maddog and PMDG (sorry for comparing) when no hyd or elect pump it does not move. Same for the ailerons.

Fly during the night with F9 sight (cockpit view similar to 2D panel). You will see the beacon reflect in the panel. (Maybe the panel is not closed at all)

The problem with flashing beacon I think is from FSX because is true that starts flashing together but after a while flying it flashes different. Even the one from the top flashes twice (like the strobe lights).

I like this plane and I would like it to be deeper in systems and realistic in visuals and sounds.

Best regards.

I have realized that with 320 there is no problem with beacon flashing together. It happens with 321. (Try LH) Forget it, it happens with all the models but sometimes, not always. I loaded LAN 320 and started beacon and not flashing together.

The reflect in the cockpit depends on the movement of the virtual cockpit. Look over the D-AISH and BRK FAN. And I think is not a problem of the beacon reflect. It seems more a problem of orange lights from the panel. It seems that the panels are not fully together and a hole is there.

My FS crashes when loading another 320 or 321. For example changing from 321 to 320.

Regards

So now you have changed your mind again about the flight desk noises, do you really have a problem or do you just like to find fault with a project? The packs cannot be heard on the flight deck because the instrument cooling systems drown out all noise, even the engines running at 100% can only just be heard over them. And no their is no point comparing this aircraft with PMDG, this aircraft isn't aimed at the advanced user.

Not a bug: You are hearing the cooling fans for all the computers and instruments in the flight deck, it's got nothing to do with the APU, you can't hear that from the cockpit anyway.

And if you want quieter fans see the link in my signature.

But you should then hear a lower sound when APU bleed is off or ignition is selected as packs are then off.

I mean, lower sound when BAT is on. APU starting (no sound there, another bug). Louder sound when APU bleed on. Again lower sound when ignition selected and again Louder sound when both engines started as air is available again.

Try the same with Superbuggy 320 in FS9 (you know which one I mean). Another thing maybe not, but sounds are perfect there.

So now you have changed your mind again about the flight desk noises, do you really have a problem or do you just like to find fault with a project? The packs cannot be heard on the flight deck because the instrument cooling systems drown out all noise, even the engines running at 100% can only just be heard over them. And no their is no point comparing this aircraft with PMDG, this aircraft isn't aimed at the advanced user.

I'm sorry. Maybe because of my bad english I sound (I do) like trying to fight. Not really, believe me. I love this project and I was very happy when knowing about it but as I said, I think that they are basics in a project of this level. Maybe I expected more from a great label as Aerosoft. Maybe my problem is looking for a perfect simulated airplane and this project is not for me.

I have not changed my mind about noises. I didn't say that. I was changing my mind with beacon lights but I realized that the problem sometimes is there and sometimes not.

I would like to help doing it better and it is true that I am not the most indicated person (or client because I paid for it) to complain as I have no previous posts trying to add positive impressions or reporting bugs to be checked before posting the bad things.

Sorry if I am impatient and I will try to help instead of complaining. But bugs are still there.

Regards. :rolleyes: