It Must be Said !!

Nev

Hi Guys,

It must be said an i feel i must say it !! I have never met such a bunch of wingers as what visit / write an complain in this forum. From the outset it was stated that this was a mix of areosoft an ms default bus ect yet we / you all went an bought it !! WHY ? because its a breath of fresh air in the FSX airbus world .

Yes it may not suit the purist simmer YET it does not really suit me having first entered the airbus world back in 2002 with the Just flight A320 professional rendition. Fine it was`nt to bad !! various panel intergrations were tried, ifdg panels merged with this an that,with files moved here there an every where !!.

Then came WILCO my god in the early years of this release it cud not find a foot path never mind a glide path, many occasion i wud be heading into Manchester 05r then for no reason 180 degree turn and Liverpool looked my best bet !! updates released over the next 4 yrs have sorted it out but hey just look at that flight model now with its greyed out cockpit windows ect.( they even shut their own forum !! things got that bad ).

This rendition from Aerosoft is a joy Yes it does need sids an stars adding and other improvement to the MCDU we all know it does Aerosoft knows it does and as they have said . A professioal release may come in time with even more updates for our exsiting version . I have just spent 10 hrs a work driving a coach / bus and its great to come home an relax flighing this airbus with the minimum of setting up of the MCDU ect. I aint got the time sometimes to sit programming for half an hour or more before hitting the runway.

I use Flight Sim Commander to create my flights an save in mfsx ect. which uses Navigraph sids an stars ect . Just done a short hop from Manchester to Gatwick using the Horizon VFR scenery coupled with the UK2000 Extreme set of airports the flight was fault less yeah landing a touch heavy on full auto but we got there and the landing lights are a real nice eye candy !! to match the extreme airport scenery. Ok i am using a pretty high end intel pent machine of which i aint gonna bore you with the specs but come on guys this version is a breath of fresh air in the airbus world. That VC flight decks visuals is worth the money esp in the night mode too.

So come on guys we all know Aerosoft will improve an release fixes for this bird and sort the MCDU but what is needed is time and a bit more patience on our part given these requests they are on to a winner for sure.

Soz but just had to get this out my system Guys

Neville

• Upvote 6

Hi Guys,

It must be said an i feel i must say it !! I have never met such a bunch of wingers as what visit / write an complain in this forum. From the outset it was stated that this was a mix of areosoft an ms default bus ect yet we / you all went an bought it !! WHY ? because its a breath of fresh air in the FSX airbus world .

Yes it may not suit the purist simmer YET it does not really suit me having first entered the airbus world back in 2002 with the Just flight A320 professional rendition. Fine it was`nt to bad !! various panel intergrations were tried, ifdg panels merged with this an that,with files moved here there an every where !!.

Then came WILCO my god in the early years of this release it cud not find a foot path never mind a glide path, many occasion i wud be heading into Manchester 05r then for no reason 180 degree turn and Liverpool looked my best bet !! updates released over the next 4 yrs have sorted it out but hey just look at that flight model now with its greyed out cockpit windows ect.( they even shut their own forum !! things got that bad ).

This rendition from Aerosoft is a joy Yes it does need sids an stars adding and other improvement to the MCDU we all know it does Aerosoft knows it does and as they have said . A professioal release may come in time with even more updates for our exsiting version . I have just spent 10 hrs a work driving a coach / bus and its great to come home an relax flighing this airbus with the minimum of setting up of the MCDU ect. I aint got the time sometimes to sit programming for half an hour or more before hitting the runway.

I use Flight Sim Commander to create my flights an save in mfsx ect. which uses Navigraph sids an stars ect . Just done a short hop from Manchester to Gatwick using the Horizon VFR scenery coupled with the UK2000 Extreme set of airports the flight was fault less yeah landing a touch heavy on full auto but we got there and the landing lights are a real nice eye candy !! to match the extreme airport scenery. Ok i am using a pretty high end intel pent machine of which i aint gonna bore you with the specs but come on guys this version is a breath of fresh air in the airbus world. That VC flight decks visuals is worth the money esp in the night mode too.

So come on guys we all know Aerosoft will improve an release fixes for this bird and sort the MCDU but what is needed is time and a bit more patience on our part given these requests they are on to a winner for sure.

Soz but just had to get this out my system Guys

Neville

I agree 100%!

I am a basic user who just uses default ATC vectors etc. So this suits me to a charm and has been a great step up!

The bird is a joy to fly, stable, no crashes-plane or pc or me:) , awesome lighting, great sounds and I can get in and out easy! It is and will be always a joy fly. Great FPS to boot!

Love it and hopefully they will do an a330:)

Simon

• Upvote 2

So what I think you are saying is that because there were some truely awfull airbuses in the past, we should be grateful for what we get? I can see your point, but, do you not wonder how good or otherwise this one would have been if nobody complained about the older ones?

Oh, and just a technical correction; it was never stated that "this was a mix of areosoft an ms default bus". On the contrary, it was stated that this one flew like a dream and had the fps of the default. Sadly, neither claim quite acheived.

• Upvote 7

So what I think you are saying is that because there were some truely awfull airbuses in the past, we should be grateful for what we get? I can see your point, but, do you not wonder how good or otherwise this one would have been if nobody complained about the older ones?

Oh, and just a technical correction; it was never stated that "this was a mix of areosoft an ms default bus". On the contrary, it was stated that this one flew like a dream and had the fps of the default. Sadly, neither claim quite acheived.

sry to say,

but i have exellent fps and a working airplane with 1.21!!!!!!!

• Upvote 1

Well said, Neville!

I love the Aurbus X for exactly what it is!

And with the current version I have an Airbus which is a pure joy to fly and look at!

Greets,

Michael

• Upvote 1

Overall, I like it as well but I don't like the FDE and the lack of approach data. I don't need SIDS and STARS but I would like to be able to use the default FSX approach data. When hand flying, it is too sensitive without FBW and too heavy with FBW. Overspeed is almost impossible to avoid on descent.

That being said, my last flight in this aircraft was very nice. I have experienced some odd autoland behavior in the past but disconnecting FBW and AP at 400ft worked out well for me on the last flight. It is not perfect but it is definitely flyable. I would rarely use autoland anyway.

Some have questioned whether it is a good value. I would have liked a lot more paints. QW released a ton of them with their 757 - all of them high quality. Not so with this product. 2 airlines operate A321's in the US and they couldn't even include 1 of them in the package? The preview thread included a bunch of paints that I have not seen released. I was under the impression that this aircraft was going to be similar to most in the fact they many common repaints would be readily available as your find with QW and CS. Not so. From the product page, "Iberia, Niki, BA, US Airways, Air Berlin, Air France, Alitalia and Lufthansa included, dozens of other paints available shortly after release." This statement, combined with the preview thread left me with the impression that dozens of official paints would be released. Instead, we have to beg for paints or start painting them ourselves.

• Upvote 1

The repaints will come at a later date I am sure, they don't include them with the product when you purchase because of licensing issues and costs, giving them away free at a later date let's them get around these hurdles in most cases.

The repaints will come at a later date I am sure, they don't include them with the product when you purchase because of licensing issues and costs, giving them away free at a later date let's them get around these hurdles in most cases.

That's not what I am getting on the liveries forum.

Maybe an official statement would clear things up? How do other developers deal with those issues when they release a ton of paints with the initial product release?

I don't know where you get the idea that there are not enough paints from , JanKees and myself have already released 70 paints between us , other Beta painters have also uploaded several paints and others that have purchased the Airbus are also making their own . As for Aerosoft's choice of airlines that they painted themselves , we had no input in that , we however painted most airlines that use , or used the A321 and quite a few of the A320 as well .

That the paints are not of a high standard ( your words in another post ) is more your opion than anything else and having looked at the download section here on the forum not everyone shares your view . At the moment only people who are logged in to the forum can see and download these paints , just wait until they are released on other sites ( JanKees has already uploded his to QzX ) , not everyone who purchased the Airbus will upload their paints here either. . I for one only uploaded my paints here out of courtesy to Aerosoft , I could have uploaded them anywhere .. In the " not yet released " section other painters have previewed their work but have not yet uploaded them , just give them time , maybe they feel that are not yet finished , just be glad that JanKees and myself did upload our paints . In the same section I had placed a collage of the first 30 paints that were available , you also requested a list of available paints but I can only make one for my own work which is attached below .

John

Hi john

glad you came here,gives me a chance to personally thank you for your fantastic repaints,i really mean this.they make such a massive difference to the Airbus X.the level of detail is outstanding.as you well know FSX forums are frequented by a small and unwelcome group of miserable people who continue to moan about things which are given to them for FREE!!.thanks again John for what you do.

steve-o :)

nev you got it 100% right

Hi john

glad you came here,gives me a chance to personally thank you for your fantastic repaints,i really mean this.they make such a massive difference to the Airbus X.the level of detail is outstanding.as you well know FSX forums are frequented by a small and unwelcome group of miserable people who continue to moan about things which are given to them for FREE!!.thanks again John for what you do.

steve-o :)

nev you got it 100% right

I can only whole-heartedly agree. I have already downloaded and installed quite a few of your repaints (and JanKees as well), and I am very happy to have them. Thank you sincerely for your hard work, it has made a huge difference to my experience with this Airbus. If a Jetstar A320 turns up in the future, I'll have everything I wished for with the Airbus X.

Many thanks again. :D

First , apologies to Neville for hijacking his thread ( and I think any further discussion should be made in the " Liveries " thread ) .

Secondly , although I have uploaded most of my paints , there are still a couple that are being worked on . When they are finished , they will also be uploaded . As for quality , or level of detail , that is only governed by the amount of work that you put into the repaint ( and the amount of photo material that you can find ) .

It is easy to comment that the quality of the repaints is not " high " , when you don't actually paint them yourself , there is a very good paintkit included when you buy the Airbus .

I myself am in no way a " professional " painter , it is just a hobby , so the only cost to the customers here who bought the Airbus is just that , all the paints are FREE , not forgetting of course that if a paint is not " satisfactory " there is a very latge waste basket supplied by Windows where even an Airbus A321 will fit into .

John

John, I do appreciate all of the work you guys have put in to the paints. Believe me, I do. I have downloaded many. If I gave you the impression that your or JanKees paints were not good quality, I apologize. I was referring to the obvious mistakes on the official US Airways A320 that were also fixed by a volunteer painter. Also, thanks for the list. I did see your collage and that was enough for me. I was more interested in the ones that were not included in your or JanKees collages and have been painted but not released - those are the paints that remain a mystery. They may be included in a gigantic 9 month old thread but to read 47 pages to find out if someone is working on something is a little annoying.

I was referencing the level of value of this product. The QW came with tons of paints ready to go. Both products are at the same price point. The product pages says that dozens will be released shortly. Basically, you guys spent a bunch of time doing work that Aerosoft should have done in the first place.

The problem with waiting for community paints is people paint what they want to paint - I completely understand that.

The fact remains that I can't fly an A321 in the US because only two airlines operate it - Spirit and US Airways - both of which have not been released. Aerosoft should have included at least one of these.

As to why I think some that were in the preview there may never be released, it came from this post in the liveries forum:

heliapin said, "It seems that Aerosoft won´t create such packages. That´s the reason why our paints have been uploaded to the download section. Maybe there are some more paints in progress and I´m not sure what happened to some of the paints announced in the preview thread but I think some won´t be released."

Helipin also said that he is working on the US Airways A321 so I am looking forward to that one.

To all of you that have released freeware paints, the comment were not directed at you. They are directed at Aerosoft.